• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jesus Christ Is Michael Jackson's Daughter

GNC

King-Sized Canary
So does that make Michael Jackson God?

Exciting movie news

Basically, a petition has been signed by hundreds of thousands of people to stop the release of a film starring Paris Jackson as Jesus Christ. Apparently this means they (the filmmakers) believe Jesus was "a lesbian" (!), according to the protestors, anyway. Also, presumably they think Jesus was white.

Makes sense, one of my elder sisters was a feminist hippy back in the seventies and often wore a tee shirt proclaiming
WHEN GOD MADE MAN SHE WAS ONLY PRACTISING

As with most attempts at censorship, I wonder what the people behind these petitions are afraid of. Do they think a vast majority of the viewing audience will now think that Jesus was actually a mixed-race lesbian? Considering the many historically inaccurate depictions of Jesus that well-intentioned Christians have presented over the centuries, what harm can this do?

"The project previously sparked protest from an organisation called One Million Moms "

One Million Moms is actually basically one mom with a blog.

Here she is prepping for the role in 2017
paris-jackson-rolling-stone-cover-b499cf9c-3bdb-44d2-bb11-2ea90e8b4d2e.jpg

Well that photograph certainly hasn't been virtually airbrushed.

Jesus, it seems, is to have latex skin.

As with most attempts at censorship, I wonder what the people behind these petitions are afraid of. Do they think a vast majority of the viewing audience will now think that Jesus was actually a mixed-race lesbian? Considering the many historically inaccurate depictions of Jesus that well-intentioned Christians have presented over the centuries, what harm can this do?

Indeed, this has purely given a low budget item more publicity than they could ever have dreamt of. Don't think Paris is mixed race, though (maybe one for the conspiracy section).

This film should definitely be banned. It sounds mind-blowingly awful and the world has suffered enough.
You do make a very good point. But if earlier generations agreed, we would never have Glen or Glenda? - and I, for one, do not want to live in a world without that film.

Makes sense, one of my elder sisters was a feminist hippy back in the seventies and often wore a tee shirt proclaiming
WHEN GOD MADE MAN SHE WAS ONLY PRACTISING
There was a variation on this iirc - WHEN GOD MADE MAN SHE WAS ONLY JOKING.

Indeed, this has purely given a low budget item more publicity than they could ever have dreamt of. Don't think Paris is mixed race, though (maybe one for the conspiracy section).

Human genetics being what they are, having a European-ancestry mother and the likely presence of at least some European and native American origin DNA in her father's genes (being African-American), means that you simply cannot 'tell' from looking what someone's parentage is.

The assumption that a dark skin and hair colour will always predominate has been the cause of a lot of confusion and denial of paternity over the years. A DNA test is the only way to tell. I recently watched an episode of a trashy TV show from the US, where the very light-skinned baby of two ostensibly 'black' parents was indeed proved to be the offspring of both. The presence of European genes in both parents can sometimes combine to give such results. These genes may have been inherited from ancestors not known about in living memory, many generations back.

Got a bit tired of trying to explain it to people re. Prince Harry & Meghan's baby. The young feller has 75% (minimum) European-ancestry genes hence is as likely to be blonde and blue-eyed as brunette and brown-eyed.

Poor Jesus. He is such an easy target. And his followers are really a rather forgiving lot. Now, if someone really wants to be edgy, cast Paris Jackson as Mohammed.

Poor Jesus. He is such an easy target. And his followers are really a rather forgiving lot. Now, if someone really wants to be edgy, cast Paris Jackson as Mohammed.

I was always fond of the 'double casting' in The Comic Strip Presents... GLC: The Carnage Continues:

Robbie Coltrane as Charles Bronson as Ken Livingston.
Peter Richardson as Lee Van Cleef as Tony Benn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLC:_The_Carnage_Continues...

We could have Paris Jackson plays Jesus Christ as Mohammed!

I believe most would consider Michael Jackson to be Black and Debbie Rowe to be White, although there are, of course, rumors that Jackson is not the biological father.

It's one of those bad in a very good way or good in a very bad way type of films, if you know what I mean.

The magic of Glen or Glenda was well depicted in the Ed Wood biopic. It breaks all the rules - if it even recognizes them - yet somehow there are amazing moments because of this, not in spite of it.

So does that make Michael Jackson God?
You headlined this thread:

Jesus Christ Is Michael Jackson's Daughter

There's good news and bad news.

Good news, is... yea, that's right up there with, 'Freddie Star ate my hamster'.

Bad news... as I was brought up as a young child to believe, if you, 'sinned', you are going to the, 'bad fire' and a special place assuredly being kept warm.

:eek:nick:

Is that a threat for me or the filmmakers?

Back