• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who killed JFK?

• Lee Harvey Oswald

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • Mafia

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • CIA/FBI

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • Cubans

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • KGB

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The Illuminati/Masons/Lizards

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • all of the above

Votes: 21 18.6%

• Total voters
You mean an entrance wound?

There is some conjecture that the windscreen was desposed of for exactly this reason, but (I think Enola) mentions somewhere on here that the windscreen is still around somewhere.

My other problem is that if the 'magic bullet' went through 7 layers of clothing, and two people and yet was recovered, why did the alleged second (and final) bullet that hit Kennedy's head, explode into tiny fragments, only some of which were found in the front foot wells?
Correct!
Corrected.

You mean an entrance wound?

There is some conjecture that the windscreen was desposed of for exactly this reason, but (I think Enola) mentions somewhere on here that the windscreen is still around somewhere.

My other problem is that if the 'magic bullet' went through 7 layers of clothing, and two people and yet was recovered, why did the alleged second (and final) bullet that hit Kennedy's head, explode into tiny fragments, only some of which were found in the front foot wells?
Edit:
It actually went through; a back brace, 15 layers of clothing, seven layers of skin, and approximately 15 inches (38 cm) of muscle tissue, and pulverized 4 inches (10 cm) of Connally's rib, and shattered his radius bone.

@maximus otter

And yet the round nose ammo that went through Kennedy's head (the last shot) shattered into tiny fragments. ?

I have no great interest in the JK assassination, but this interesting article (with 3D scan of the bullet & fragments) suggests that one intact bullet, plus two large-ish bullet fragments, were recovered:

https://www.nist.gov/blogs/taking-m...ination-bullets-were-digitally-preserved-nist

I have no idea what the second bullet hit, or why it shattered. Is it not possible that:

a) Oswald might have experimentally modified one or more of the cartridges for his rifle, perhaps by cutting a cross in the tip of the bullet to induce fragmentation?

b) Could the cartridge from which that bullet came have been from a different batch/brand than the "Magic Bullet"? The Warren Commission identified the brand of ammo recovered as Western Cartridge Co.; is it not possible that Oswald might have had a mixed batch of cartridges rattling around in his pocket, some from different lots, made with different components and stored under different circumstances?

c) It was just happenstance?

maximus otter

I'm listening to the Rob Reiner podcast on JFK assassination. Its good so far. "Who Killed JFK".

I find the theory that a secret service guy accidentally shot JFK immediately after Oswald had injured the president compelling. It is very simple, very human and probably seemed 'easy' to obfuscate.

(As I was replying to @Mungoman just now in an earlier thread)

This is the one that I actually find most convincing!

It could have been, essentially, a tragic absolutely fatal accidental shot occurring seconds after the first, possibly-survivable, throat wound inflicted by Oswald. It would explain the stoicism of the Kennedy family, and disinclination to seek further culprits/conspiracy solutions - the bodyguard actually did his job but an accident occurred during his duty. The situation can't be remedied and seeking revenge just isn't appropriate - or in character - for his widow and family in the circumstances. The instigator of the events was Oswald for his initial attempt and they may thus have encouraged the protection of Mr Hickey

It may also explain LHO's "patsy" assertions. He knew he'd only shot JFK once, and that he didn't blow the back of his head off.

The official inquiries then fudge the issue and as Oswald is already dead, then why subject the unfortunate Secret Service man to the ire of the world? So Oswald is then reported to have shot JFK more than once and the business is done. Except it isn't - everyone could sense something was off, wrong, strange about the death and hence the myriad CTs and silliness that's ensued.

One of the reasons that I think and feel this may be actually what happened is the relative non-attention given to it, and the dislike of almost all 'camps' of explanations for the scenario.

It's not an intricately-crafted conspiracy, and there's no sensationalism or acronyms floating about. People are not complex automata and some of the scenarios are so labyrinthine that it's beyond belief that, if true, they have never been uncovered. It took (IIRC) just days to uncover the conspiracy and IDs of the men that perpetrated the 2001 WTC attacks

It could be a very 'human' situation - akin to the cover-up and obfuscation immediately after the Hillsborough Stadium disaster - and something that was kept quiet because the incident couldn't be remedied. Even if the Secret Service man was put on trial, it's a fair bet he would have been acquitted due to the accidental nature of the weapon discharge.

There's this nice book, with a nice title: I Was A Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak, Fred Litwin
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show...k?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=g2O2G2N3l0&rank=1

He's solidly in the "Oswald did it alone" camp. He states that now there's so much original evidence digitized and put online, including the X-rays etc. that the case for "it went like described in the Warren report" is very strong. He also criticizes the "shot by Secret Service"theory.

On Manifold markets this theory has just 16% chance:
https://manifold.markets/BTE/was-jfk-accidentally-shot-by-the-se

Meanwhile on the Manifold market the "single shooter" theory is overwhelmingly in favour, with 84% chance:
https://manifold.markets/SG/who-orchestrated-jfks-assassination

Last edited:
Back