• KGB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Illuminati/Masons/Lizards

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • all of the above

Votes: 16 22.5%

• Total voters

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question: the route of JFK's motorcade, was it published in advance? If it was, that seems to me to be a security blunder. If not, then you would need several snipers covering different routes, proving it was a conspiracy. As I understand it, LHO had been working where he was for quite a while, and if the route had not been published at that time, then surely he's off the hook? Unless it was a last-minute decision to kill JFK. Sorry if this has been covered in the thread before.
It’s fairly common to know a route like this in advance. Road closures would be in place and publicised in advance and anyone in the area watching in advance would no doubt have seen Secret Service agents checking it out.

GuitarGeorge

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Blimey Orson, I must admit I hadn't thought of that. I wonder who chose the route? JFK or his agent? Or the local chief of police? Or the head of the Dallas mob?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Blimey Orson, I must admit I hadn't thought of that. I wonder who chose the route? JFK or his agent? Or the local chief of police? Or the head of the Dallas mob?
The Warren Commission Report (see link in Yithian's earlier post) details who was involved in proposing, refining and finally specifying the route.

Ascalon

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I believe such things were common practice at the time as there was no reason do suspect trouble and do otherwise.

The fact that the route was public is not a matter of suspicion. The determination of the route may be.

RustyShackleford

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
But supposedly Oswald was a patsy .....so what could he know..? And Ruby was dying anyway..so why not spill his guts..? Doesn't really make sense to me.
I think Ruby kept quiet out of fear for his life. Ruby intimated Lyndon Johnson was in someway responsible for the assassination. If he started making noises about how he was going to 'tell all', I don't think it would be too much trouble for Johnson, the most powerful man in the country, to have him 'silenced'. Ruby knew this, so kept his mouth shut.

RustyShackleford

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
He even corrected erroneous information that was being given out. I think the police said that Oswald was a member of the "Free Cuba Committee" (I think!), but Ruby pointed out that it was actually the "Fair Play for Cuba Committee." How would Ruby know such a little known fact at the time?
I've always considered this to be highly suspicious. Add this to the fact there are many witnesses that either place Oswald in Ruby's Carousel Club, or claimed to have seen the two men together, and you've got a strong case that a relationship existed between the two men before the assassination.

OrsonSwells

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I've always considered this to be highly suspicious. Add this to the fact there are many witnesses that either place Oswald in Ruby's Carousel Club, or claimed to have seen the two men together, and you've got a strong case that a relationship existed between the two men before the assassination.
Yes, the one thing that made me doubt Ruby knowing about any conspiracy was a programme I saw which stated he was in a bank just before he killed Oswald. I think it said he left the bank and about three minutes later strolled into the basement and shot Oswald there. Which implies it couldn’t have been planned and was merely chance he was there at the right time and therefore it must have been an impulsive act. Not sure how true this is though.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
On the Trail of Delusion—A Review
written by Gerald Posner

A review of On the Trail of Delusion—Jim Garrison: The Great Accuser by Fred Litwin. NorthernBlues Books, 466 pages (September 30th, 2020)

When Quillette asked if I might review Fred Litwin’s On the Trail of Delusion about the failed JFK assassination probe of New Orleans District Attorney, Jim Garrison, I initially hesitated. I did not believe there was much new information that another book could add to the historical record. In Case Closed, my 1993 re-examination of the assassination, I relied on documents from Garrison’s own investigation as the backbone of a 30-page chapter (“Black is White, and White is Black”) in which I exposed the extent of his abusive prosecution. In its review of Case Closed, Publishers Weekly wrote, “About New Orleans DA Jim Garrison, the hero of the movie JFK, [Posner] is merciless, laying out an endless trail of his lies and exaggerations.” Australia’s Sunday Herald Sun noted that “Previously undisclosed files cited by Posner also play havoc with the romanticised portrait of New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison that director Oliver Stone presents in his 1991 film JFK.”

Continued at length (and with interest after a throat-clearing start): https://quillette.com/2020/11/22/on-the-trail-of-delusion-a-review/

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Strange but true: on another thread here, I was just commenting about a presidential motorcade and your post just popped up. :)