• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who killed JFK?

• Lee Harvey Oswald

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • Mafia

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • CIA/FBI

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • Cubans

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • KGB

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The Illuminati/Masons/Lizards

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • all of the above

Votes: 21 18.6%

• Total voters
A new batch of JFK assassination-related documents have been released by the National Archives. Some represent previously redacted items from which the redactions have been removed, and some are previously unreleased. The news articles announcing this release, such as ...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sassination/lWafKAoLxh9EhyDhRnCXJJ/story.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cia-...nedy-assassination-released/story?id=48817457

... highlight the inclusion of audio files of interviews with Yuri Nosenko, a KGB officer / defector whom some claim was involved in a plot sponsored, if not controlled, from Moscow.

Anyway ... The newly released materials (at least the textual ones) can be accessed via the National Archives:

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release

This is the gift that keeps in giving. The more is revealed, the more we see what isn't being revealed:

Missing from the New JFK Files: Batch of CIA Records on Lee Harvey Oswald

All of the U.S. government's files on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy are supposed to be released by October 26. But one batch of CIA records on suspected assassin Lee Harvey Oswald has gone missing.

The records were part of a seven-volume file on Oswald held by the agency's Office of Security. The OS is responsible for protecting CIA property and vetting agency personnel, and maintains a file system independent of the CIA's Central File Registry. Declassified CIA records show that Volume 5 of the file records existed as recently as 1978.

The disappearance of the records, discovered by JFK researcher Malcolm Blunt, is significant because the Office of Security was the first component of the CIA to open a file on Oswald, an ex-Marine who defected to the Soviet Union in October 1959 and was later charged with killing JFK in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963.

Source: http://www.alternet.org/missing-new-jfk-files-batch-cia-records-lee-harvey-oswald

New sideline with a new biography of Dorothy Kilgallen (60s reporter/celebrity) who died under potentially suspicious circumstances

Strangely enough, her cause of death was the same as that of Marilyn Monroe.

Shaw contends that the death scene was “staged,” with an empty sleeping-pill bottle and a drinking glass on the nightstand. He theorizes that Kilgallen’s killer had accompanied her into the apartment.

The same was said about Monroe's death scene. All very interesting.

The main reason I remember poor Dorothy is because she was nicknamed Gal-killin' after her mysterious death. Plus the Paula Prentiss character in 1970s paranoia classic The Parallax View is closely based on her.

Trump added that the files will be released just after he comes back from a trip to Dallas in the new open-topped presidential limo :)

Trump says he will allow scheduled release of JFK files
  • 41 minutes ago
_98418027_jfkfuneralgetty.jpg
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionPresident John F Kennedy was given a state funeral, after hundreds of thousands of people viewed his casket
Donald Trump has said he plans to allow the opening of a trove of long-classified files on the assassination of former president John F Kennedy.

The president tweeted to say he would allow the release "subject to receipt of further information".

The files are scheduled to be opened by the US National Archives on 26 October, but the president is entitled to extend their classified status.

Kennedy was shot dead by a sniper in November 1963 in Dallas, Texas.

The National Archives has already released most documents related to the assassination, but a final batch remains under lock and key.

"Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened," Trump said in a tweet.
etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41708854

Oh how convenient that those files go missing just around the time that jfk files get declassified.

Funny how that happens, isn't it? I don't think anything of any value will be left in the files.

If there was anything, it would have gone by now - just like in the Oswald files.

Given the history of the investigation and obfuscatory practices of the intelligence services, I find it either suspicious or negligent that the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 did not catalogue and specify precisely which records had to be released in the time-frame.

Can anybody with a better knowledge of the subject explain the particulars to me?

This is
Given the history of the investigation and obfuscatory practices of the intelligence services, I find it either suspicious or negligent that the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 did not catalogue and specify precisely which records had to be released in the time-frame.

Can anybody with a better knowledge of the subject explain the particulars to me?

This is the Executive Summary by the Commission:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/jfk/jfk.htm

Trump Orders 2,800 JFK Assassination Files Released, Withholds Others

President Trump has issued a memo to executive agencies ordering the release of 2,800 remaining records related to the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy.

Other files are being withheld due to what the White House says are national security, law enforcement and foreign policy concerns. The vast majority of what's being withheld is at the request of the FBI and CIA.

Source: http://www.npr.org/2017/10/26/559799857/final-jfk-assassination-files-due-to-be-released

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

One thing I found interesting among the papers : the Russian started they own investigation about possible plots (by american elements) to murder JFK. We don't know what they have found. We don't know either if this documents still exist. What if we are looking for the classified documents on the wrong side of the former Iron Curtain?

One to get the conspiracy theorists going
Cambridge News 'received anonymous JFK assassination tip-off'
  • 1 hour ago
_98500501_jfk1.jpg
Image copyrightREUTERS
Image captionThe president and first lady were in Dallas when the assassination happened
A British local newspaper received an anonymous call about "some big news" in the US, shortly before President John F Kennedy was assassinated, according to documents.

A memo dated 26 November 1963 said the call was made to the Cambridge News at 18:05 GMT on 22 November 1963.

Etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-41773716

I never paid much attention to this conspiracy. What was the reason given for Oswald to be killed?

Solved! According to the Express.

JFK files: Did Nibiru aliens kill John F Kennedy? Shock claim ETs caused president's death
THE previously classified JFK files will shed light on the murder of John F Kennedy, but it has now been bizarrely claimed JFK's assassination was carried out by aliens from Planet X – also known as Nibiru.

So that’s that sorted then.

I voted all of the above.....since I don't have a clue if anyone else was involved with Oswald.
There have been so many contrasting theories and info thrown out there over the years that it's hard to make heads or tales of the facts let alone the players.

For those who do believe it was some kind of conspiracy with more than one person involved what is the most important fact or feature that makes you think this?

I voted all of the above.....since I don't have a clue if anyone else was involved with Oswald.
There have been so many contrasting theories and info thrown out there over the years that it's hard to make heads or tales of the facts let alone the players.

For those who do believe it was some kind of conspiracy with more than one person involved what is the most important fact or feature that makes you think this?

The straightforward arrest of LHO. The killing of Officer Tippit and walking into the cinema but refusing to pay. All unfathomable. It was almost choreographed in its straightforwardness.

Solved! According to the Express.

So that’s that sorted then.

Good enough for me.

This snippet of information, whilst not directly relevant to LHO's guilt or otherwise, caught my attention. To quote the BBC news website:

A memo from the CIA, based on an intercepted phone call, suggests Oswald spoke with a KGB officer at the Russian embassy in Mexico City.

It says that on 28 September 1963 he spoke with Valeriy Vladimirovich Kostikov, an "identified KGB officer" who worked for a department "responsible for sabotage and assassination".

Oswald later called the embassy and, in "broken Russian", asked if there was "anything new concerning the telegram to Washington".

'Broken Russian'?

I'd thought it a matter of factual record that Oswald was so fluent that when he and the future Mrs Oswald first met she thought he was Russian. Mind you, I've always thought it improbable that he'd master such a difficult language through self-study and working in a tractor factory for a bit. Especially as he seemed not to have been the sharpest tool in the box, despite being a radar technician or whatever.

Last edited:
Especially as he seemed not to have been the sharpest tool in the box, despite being a radar technician or whatever.
Radar operator. Button pusher who could interpret blips on a tiny screen.

Ah right, thanks for the clarification - I thought maybe I'd got that wrong. Makes much more sense!

Radar operator. Button pusher who could interpret blips on a tiny screen.
English slang for radar technicians is 'Skopey' btw .. I had to deal with three of them in North Norfolk and they were proper wankers ....

Back