• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who killed JFK?

• Lee Harvey Oswald

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • Mafia

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • CIA/FBI

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • Cubans

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • KGB

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The Illuminati/Masons/Lizards

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • all of the above

Votes: 21 18.6%

• Total voters
Somebody hired Jack Ruby to silence Oswald. They knew Jack didn't have long to live.
That's what I think happened, anyway.
But supposedly Oswald was a patsy .....so what could he know..? And Ruby was dying anyway..so why not spill his guts..? Doesn't really make sense to me.

But supposedly Oswald was a patsy .....so what could he know..? And Ruby was dying anyway..so why not spill his guts..? Doesn't really make sense to me.
Oswald could have said that he'd been hired. Ruby was probably paid a lot of money that would go to his family, contingent on his successful assassination of Oswald and on his silence.

Oswald could have said that he'd been hired. Ruby was probably paid a lot of money that would go to his family, contingent on his successful assassination of Oswald and on his silence.
But Oswald already denied all of it...and did anyone ever trace any money to Ruby..? Lots of maybes and guesses.

I suppose 'Mob' conspiracy people would say it was to keep Oswald quiet....assuming he knew anything at all.
I was always surprised that Ruby did what he did....he was a small time gangster...why did he care about Kennedy that much? Strange.
How was he able to get so close with a gun?

Maybe there were rumours that LHO was working for the Mafia and could implicate people of importance, and Ruby, being a small-time crook of very little brain, thought he could ingratiate himself with said people of importance by silencing a rat.

But Oswald already denied all of it...and did anyone ever trace any money to Ruby..? Lots of maybes and guesses.
Wads of cash. Hidden.

I think that's all we can come up with, in the absence of further evidence.

... And Ruby was dying anyway..so why not spill his guts..? Doesn't really make sense to me.

Ruby wasn't diagnosed as having lung cancer until 3 years later (circa December 1966), when he was hospitalized with apparent pneumonia.

Ruby wasn't diagnosed as having lung cancer until 3 years later (circa December 1966), when he was hospitalized with apparent pneumonia.
So...he had plenty of time to say his piece..but never did......loyalty or maybe there was nothing to tell.?

Argh! Bang goes my theory.

Heh.....here's a radical new idea....maybe Oswald did do it alone and simply got lucky with his shots...? People get lucky all the time.....especially when they win those big lotteries.
;)

Heh.....here's a radical new idea....maybe Oswald did do it alone and simply got lucky with his shots...? People get lucky all the time.....especially when they win those big lotteries.
;)
Well. That is a possibility. His motivation? He was an ideological Marxist, maybe it was purely political?

Wasn't one theory that he was injected with it? Can they even do that?

I saw a documentary that really challenged the notion that Ruby was involved in a wider conspiracy. He apparently went to a bank beforehand and was delayed there quite a while just before nipping down to the county jail and shooting Oswald. I think practically the moment he walked in Oswald appeared and he shot him. Now the programme implied he was either a really easygoing assassin or he got seriously lucky with his timing.

I've never known what to make of that because previously I'd thought the involvement of Ruby really gave the game away.

Wasn't one theory that he was injected with it? Can they even do that? ...

I seem to recall reading years ago that Ruby was alleged to have claimed he'd been given an injection which he believed contained cancer cells which caused his cancer.

To the best of my knowledge, injecting cancerous cells from another person isn't an effective way of inducing cancer. It certainly isn't a means that could be expected to target the bronchus and lungs of a lifelong smoker who'd spent his working life in smoky bars and strip clubs.

I seem to recall reading years ago that Ruby was alleged to have claimed he'd been given an injection which he believed contained cancer cells which caused his cancer.

To the best of my knowledge, injecting cancerous cells from another person isn't an effective way of inducing cancer. It certainly isn't a means that could be expected to target the bronchus and lungs of a lifelong smoker who'd spent his working life in smoky bars and strip clubs.
Do we have the SLIGHTEST notion of what the medics working for the CIA (i.e international assassination bureau) were and are capable of?

Just your average day for a mobbed-up 'businessman' then. Send a money order, then go shoot a stranger in front of the world's press, citing patriotism. Nobody bought that at the time and no-one ever will, unless they really really want or need to.

Last edited:
There were two access routes to the murder locus, both open to the public. All he had to do was mingle with the crowd of similarly-dressed reporters. ...

... And not for the first time. Ruby impersonated a reporter - attending, and even speaking up in, a press conference at Dallas Police HQ on November 22 (the day JFK was shot).

So...he had plenty of time to say his piece..but never did......loyalty or maybe there was nothing to tell.?

There are at least two interviews where Ruby alluded to very high up people being involved in the assassination. In one he pointed the finger at "the man in office now." Which was Johnson. It's hard to determine Ruby's mindset, whether he was just aggrandizing or something else. After Oswald was shot, Ruby was very nervous, sweating and smoking a lot. When news came through that Oswald had died and that Ruby faced the electric chair, he calmed right down, stopped sweating and informed the police that he didn't smoke!

I have a question: the route of JFK's motorcade, was it published in advance? If it was, that seems to me to be a security blunder. If not, then you would need several snipers covering different routes, proving it was a conspiracy. As I understand it, LHO had been working where he was for quite a while, and if the route had not been published at that time, then surely he's off the hook? Unless it was a last-minute decision to kill JFK. Sorry if this has been covered in the thread before.

I have a question: the route of JFK's motorcade, was it published in advance? If it was, that seems to me to be a security blunder. If not, then you would need several snipers covering different routes, proving it was a conspiracy. As I understand it, LHO had been working where he was for quite a while, and if the route had not been published at that time, then surely he's off the hook? Unless it was a last-minute decision to kill JFK. Sorry if this has been covered in the thread before.

Yes, it was announced--in the newspapers:

As the date for the President's visit approached, the two Dallas newspapers carried several reports of his motorcade route. The selection of the Trade Mart as the possible site for the luncheon first appeared in the Dallas Times-Herald on November 15, 1963. The following day, the newspaper reported that the Presidential party "apparently will loop through the downtown area, probably on Main Street, en route from Dallas Love Field" on its way to the Trade Mart. On November 19, the Times-Herald afternoon paper detailed the precise route:
From the airport, the President's party will proceed to Mockingbird Lane to Lemmon and then to Turtle Creek, turning south to Cedar Springs. The motorcade will then pass through downtown on Harwood and then west on Main, turning back to Elm at Houston and then out Stemmons Freeway to the Trade Mart.54
Also on November 19, the Morning News reported that the President's motorcade would travel from Love Field along specified streets, then "Harwood to Main, Main to Houston, Houston to Elm, Elm under the Triple Underpass to Stemmons Freeway, and on to the Trade Mart." On November 20 a front page story reported that the streets on which the Presidential motorcade would travel included "Main and Stemmons Freeway." On the morning of the President's arrival, the Morning News noted that the motorcade would travel through downtown Dallas onto the Stemmons Freeway, and reported that "the motorcade will move slowly so that crowds can 'get a good view' of President Kennedy and his wife."

See this section of the Warren Report:
https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-2.html#motorcade

Back