• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who killed JFK?

• Lee Harvey Oswald

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • Mafia

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • CIA/FBI

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • Cubans

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • KGB

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The Illuminati/Masons/Lizards

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • all of the above

Votes: 21 18.6%

• Total voters
What do I think of Gordon Arnold? Not much. Like Beverly Olliver, he's been lapped up by assassination researchers with very little in the way of background research performed. I think this is because their stories give researchers the equivalent of wet dreams so any suspicions are never entertained.

Yes, why confiscate it? It would either show Oswald at the window, no one at the window, or someone else at the window. And what do you think to Gordon Arnold's statements?
Seems like something was fishy at that location from the beginning, that there were many 'participants' in the area perhaps?
Gordon Arnold doesn't seem to show up in any photos, unless that IS him in Mary Moorman's photo holding the film camera as he said, but that Senator Ralph Yarborough saw a man fall against a wall, again as Arnold said he did once he heard shooting behind him, so perhaps he was there. Personally, I would believe Arnold about firing coming from behind him, because he was not the only one who made that claim - for instance, there was that young couple, Bill and Gayle Newman and their 2 young children who said the same thing, shooting was coming from behind them, and they hit the ground.
Really interesting and detailed article on those shots:

https://jfkfacts.org/21-jfk-cops-who-heard-a-grassy-knoll-shot/

What do I think of Gordon Arnold? Not much. Like Beverly Olliver, he's been lapped up by assassination researchers with very little in the way of background research performed. I think this is because their stories give researchers the equivalent of wet dreams so any suspicions are never entertained.
Trouble is, there are so many other witnesses who heard shots coming from behind them / the grassy knoll area.
Too many witnesses to ignore, please see the article I just posted above for some interesting info.

Trouble is, there are so many other witnesses who heard shots coming from behind them / the grassy knoll area.
Too many witnesses to ignore, please see the article I just posted above for some interesting info.
Ralph Yarborough who was riding in the motorcade saw Arnold throw himself to the ground when the shots started. I don't see why he is any less valuable as a witness than anyone else. And an army guy who was doing his basic training at the time, is pretty alert as well.

Yarborough saw a man leap to the ground but he never specifically identified Arnold. It could have been anyone.

Ralph Yarborough who was riding in the motorcade saw Arnold throw himself to the ground when the shots started. I don't see why he is any less valuable as a witness than anyone else. And an army guy who was doing his basic training at the time, is pretty alert as well.
I agree, Yarborough saw a man jump and fall against a wall, and there aren't too many walls in that area.
Excuse me if this photo has been discussed before, I'm sure it has, but I missed that, kind of odd that Moorman's photo blow up would appear to show some odd figures in the grassy knoll area. Or not, depending on what one sees.

Attachments

• Moorman Photo.jpg
    Moorman Photo.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 39
If Kennedy's limousine windshield had shown bullet damage which had come from the area of the Texas School Book Depository Building - wouldn't the Warren Commission have included that in their evidence?
No, instead that car was removed, cleaned up, and repaired asap, before anyone could take photos or examine it.
Cover up.

I agree, Yarborough saw a man jump and fall against a wall, and there aren't too many walls in that area.
Excuse me if this photo has been discussed before, I'm sure it has, but I missed that, kind of odd that Moorman's photo blow up would appear to show some odd figures in the grassy knoll area. Or not, depending on what one sees.
...it has been supported by the testimony of Ralph Yarborough who told a newspaper reporter from the Dallas Morning News: "Immediately on the firing of the first shot I saw the man you interviewed (Arnold) throw himself onto the ground. He was down within a second of the time the shot was fired, and I thought to myself, 'There's a combat veteran who knows how to act when weapons start firing."

I love PBS.
This 2013 doco may have been posted b4. It's very good.
2hrs
Thank You for posting that excellent video, I've been watching it for a few days, it's long but well worth the watch! An unloved and unwanted child who turned into a confused man, pro-communist, anti-communist, pro-Castro, anti-Castro, it's difficult to really understand Oswald, but what's clear is that he ran in the same circles with underworld people. How convenient for that group that, once the attempt in Florida failed, Oswald was working in a building on that parade route - the perfect 'patsy' for their purposes. And he was only employed there for about six weeks?
This video brought up how cool, calm and collected Oswald was on arrest, how could that be for someone accused of murdering a police officer and the President? And I didn't care for how Oswald's own brother condemned him, seems his own family has not seen the doubts brought up in this case?
Bothers me also that the fbi and cia were in continual contact with Oswald apparently, or at least were keeping tabs on his whereabouts, there is just too much missing in this entire story.

You're welcome.
I agree he was an enigmatic man. The video really offset Stone's JFK version of Oswald. At the time of the film, I was convinced there was a second shooter - it was the only narrative in pop media. Now I think, despite the Warren Commission's shoddy mop-up, that he acted alone, but probably at the behest of the nuts he was running with.
seems his own family has not seen the doubts brought up in this case?
That seems highly improbable. Few would be closer to the facts or more aware of the theories peddled since the event.

You're welcome.
I agree he was an enigmatic man. The video really offset Stone's JFK version of Oswald. At the time of the film, I was convinced there was a second shooter - it was the only narrative in pop media. Now I think, despite the Warren Commission's shoddy mop-up, that he acted alone, but probably at the behest of the nuts he was running with.

That seems highly improbable. Few would be closer to the facts or more aware of the theories peddled since the event.
So many things are rather strange though in this case, more questions than answers.
Perhaps he did do some shooting, but apparently even the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1979 felt that 4 shots had been fired at JFK, and that at least one shot came from that grassy knoll area. At least that is what I have read over the years.
We'll have to wait for the next book to come out, with yet another theory!

...apparently even the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1979 felt that 4 shots had been fired at JFK, and that at least one shot came from that grassy knoll area.

"The Committee further concluded that it was probable that:

• four shots were fired
  • the fourth shot came from a second assassin located on the grassy knoll, but missed. The HSCA concluded the existence and location of this alleged fourth shot based on the later discredited Dallas Police Department Dictabelt recording analysis."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite...nclusions_regarding_the_Kennedy_assassination

maximus otter

"The Committee further concluded that it was probable that:

• four shots were fired
  • the fourth shot came from a second assassin located on the grassy knoll, but missed. The HSCA concluded the existence and location of this alleged fourth shot based on the later discredited Dallas Police Department Dictabelt recording analysis."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite...nclusions_regarding_the_Kennedy_assassination

maximus otter
Maximus, you are definitely a great researcher! Your work on the Ilkley Moor photo was really outstanding. I really respect many of you guys on here, great analysis and interesting posts. You all bring up details that show deep thinking!

It seems every year brings new research and more theories, so I believe that this case is not done yet, perhaps someone is going to confess what they saw or heard on their deathbed, or maybe someone's photo or video is waiting to be discovered in an attic ...
Whatever happened to that babushka lady??

Today President Biden released more secret information on JFK, and observers are puzzled saying what will be given to the public will not help clarify anything.

There is still a mountain of classified JFK information.

Today President Biden released more secret information on JFK, and observers are puzzled saying what will be given to the public will not help clarify anything.

There is still a mountain of classified JFK information.
Isn't the withholding of information in itself a sign of covering up?

Tonight’s news claim new documents might indicate Soviet agents in Australia might have been connected,

The FBI knew and discounted these agents at the time as garbage information.

Maximus, you are definitely a great researcher! Your work on the Ilkley Moor photo was really outstanding. I really respect many of you guys on here, great analysis and interesting posts. You all bring up details that show deep thinking!

It seems every year brings new research and more theories, so I believe that this case is not done yet, perhaps someone is going to confess what they saw or heard on their deathbed, or maybe someone's photo or video is waiting to be discovered in an attic ...
Whatever happened to that babushka lady??
I don't pay much attention to the dictabelt recording.

Reply to Floyd1:
"I don't pay much attention to the dictabelt recording."

I never understood those recordings, very confusing, don't know how they could actually get much information from all that noise.
But many witnesses heard 4 shots.
Nothing about this case seems firm, no absolutes, yet much of it is in photos and videos, and still so much uncertainty. Strange.

Reply to Floyd1:
"I don't pay much attention to the dictabelt recording."

I never understood those recordings, very confusing, don't know how they could actually get much information from all that noise.
But many witnesses heard 4 shots.
Nothing about this case seems firm, no absolutes, yet much of it is in photos and videos, and still so much uncertainty. Strange.
Yes. The cop said it couldn't have been from his recording as he was further away at the time.

Another thing though; where do you think the bullet came from that sent a shard of concrete curb into James Tagues face?
Tagues was stood down on Commerce street with a cop. I cannot see how the shot that caused that could have come from the book depository.

Yes. The cop said it couldn't have been from his recording as he was further away at the time.

Another thing though; where do you think the bullet came from that sent a shard of concrete curb into James Tagues face?
Tagues was stood down on Commerce street with a cop. I cannot see how the shot that caused that could have come from the book depository.
Regarding that bullet that hit James Tague - I'm certainly no expert on guns or rifles, but was the conclusion that the bullet had ricocheted from somewhere else?
What about that Dal-Tex building, off to the side of the book depository building, was there ever a search of that building for shooters or a sniper's nest, because I've never heard anything about that? Odd too that Abraham Zapruder worked in that building, isn't it? I know I've read that, and every single time I read up on this case I come away with more and more questions!

That's another thing: Law enforcement rushed to search and seal the book depository building - but what about the other buildings in the immediate area, such as that Dal-Tex building, were any other buildings searched and closed? And wasn't that building an easier shot than the book depository building, in other words it would have been a straighter shot?

Back