• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

MrRING

Android Futureman
I ran across this short then-contemporary article in Marvel Comic's one-shot UFO Connection magazine covering Jimmy Carter's UFO encounter that I thought some here might like to read.

part1.jpg

part2.jpg

Yes; an experimental barium cloud. It appears that Carter observed it accurately, and didn't misidentify Venus after all.

Nowadays someone would probably have taken a picture with their smartphone, giving us a reasonable chance to identify the culprit.

President Carter was a nuclear engineer, so I believe if President Carter said it was something unusual, then it was unusual.

President Reagan reported a UFO event in 1974 while governor as he and his aids watched a UFO paced their Cessna Citation approaching Bakersfield, California.

Reagan claims he was shocked as the elongated UFO went from slow pacing speed to incredible speed in an instant.

Last edited:
The title of this thread comes from this, one of my favorite examples of the song-poem genre:

The Wikipedia entry offers an explanation by Carl G. Justus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_UFO_incident
It seems like the explanation for Carter's UFO sighting, a barium cloud launched from Rocket Number AG7.626 from Eglin Air Force Base, was never widely promoted. It's come up again recently in the movie "The UFO Movie They Don't Want you To See".
But a few issues back, FT discussed it without noting that the case was solved both to skeptics and official's satisfaction, but also, it seems, to Carter himself.

Yes; an experimental barium cloud. It appears that Carter observed it accurately, and didn't misidentify Venus after all.

Nowadays someone would probably have taken a picture with their smartphone, giving us a reasonable chance to identify the culprit.
But can you explain the Oz Factor ;)

Back