• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jimmy Savile

Status
Not open for further replies.
GNC said:
What did Tom O'Connor do that was so bad? Apart from that Hogmanay show, of course.

He must have done plenty of bad things. He went to the same school as Roger McGough, John Birt and me.

But they predated me by many years, so I can't say what it was like to be their fag. :p

Now then, now then, now then. I have a letter here from an Archbishop Keith O'Brien. And he writes:

Dear Jim,

Please could you fix it for me to have Margaret Sinclair canonised as another step on the way to making her a saint. I gather you yourself were miraculously saved by a prayer to Ms. Sinclair, and we feel it's time to have her beatified.

Yours hopefully,

Keith

Well, Keith, I got in touch with Pope John Paul II, and he had this to say.

oooOOOoooOOOOoooo *waggles cigar*
'ow's about that then, guys and gals?

Jimmy Saviille, perve or not, still manages to irritate me after so many years. :mad:

He was (and presumably still does) askes us humble folk to give our money to possibly deserving charities while he drips with tacky gold "tomfoolery"

Jim - If you think the charity is so great then sell one of your expensive but tasteless bracelets and buy a life-support machine or two for a hospital! :grrr:

It was Savilles attitude that the Holy Church displayed during the Middle Ages. Why d'you think they slaughtered the Cathars when they stated that the church should follow Christs example of poverty. :madeyes:

Stormkhan said:
It was Savilles attitude that the Holy Church displayed during the Middle Ages. Why d'you think they slaughtered the Cathars when they stated that the church should follow Christs example of poverty. :madeyes:
Well. I've seen a lot of crimes (usually of bad taste), laid at Jimmy Saville's door, but the Massacre of the Cathars is a new one on me! :p

Apart from his medieval style of haircut, his apparent longevity in the face of overactivity, heavy metal poisoning and cigars speaks of dark designs and infamous survival.

Perhaps his previous name was ...
The Compte de Sainte Germain!

:eek!!!!:

apparently Jimmy Saville invented the Hip hop fashion too - see here . . .

The back cover showed JS or £$ outside Stoke Manderville hospital, where he did a lot of charity work. He was wearing a flashy tracksuit, and it looked as if he had redeemed every pledged gold chain from every pawnshop in Leeds and put it round his neck. In another shot he was leaning on a Rolls-Royce; yet another showed him standing in front of his twin decks. This particular photograph was credited as being taken in NY - not the "Big NY", but North Yorkshire - in 1973, a full decade before B-boy style got going in the States.
:eek!!!!:

wow there sure is some bad ju ju going on concerning our Jim.I though he was alright mind you.Some bugger on here snogged roy wood and nay one batted a peeper.hells teeth folks 'Roy Wood' no less.You've all seen the video at the end of which roy picks up a helpless infant and gurns at her through his badgers nest of a face...and still jim is the bad guy!!!!
...and best of all his attitude is responsible for the death of the cathars !!!!!
Holy smokes kiddies.Jimmy saville a nonce? That's like saying the whole marlboro are sponsored by the KKK thing is a fact.

No doubt someone will have a stack of evidence that it is true and I'll look a right pudding...ahh well so be it.

Jimmy saville?..verdict - 'character'

milk said:
You've all seen the video at the end of which roy picks up a helpless infant and gurns at her through his badgers nest of a face...

Alas, i haven't.

I think that would be the promo to 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day' by Wizzard. Speaking as a fan of The Move, I'd rather the genius of Roy Wood than the evil of Jeff Lynne any day.. ;)

We don't mention Roy Wood around here.
Not since the............ unpleasantness.
:blush:

My poisonous exflatmate once told me that when she dislocated her knee at a Julian Cope gig and had to go to casualty, Jimmy Saville promptly appeared pushing the tea trolley. She was not impressed.

speaking of unrelated things
does anyone recall at the end of his shows when Mike fuppin Yarwood would emerge and say '...and this is me' before singing some lame arsed tea cake of a ditty.'and this is me'!!! as if so far he had suspended disbelief !!!

Anyone see the superb Happy Birthday BBC2 thing last night? Louis Theroux was on there saying he wished he'd made Jimmy Savile cry! He got pretty close, he said.

Me, I like his `tracksuit on every occaision including in bed` dress sense

But then, I too have no dress sense...

The Lord has seen fit to spare me the Jimmy Saville experience (blessed is the name of the Lord!)

But having seen the picture of him in running gear, two thoughts germinate within:

1) If he'd been born an American, he'd be a tird rate televangelist in Wichita.

2) Maw, get my gun! There's a varmint in the yard.

hedgewizard said:
The Lord has seen fit to spare me the Jimmy Saville experience (blessed is the name of the Lord!)

But having seen the picture of him in running gear, two thoughts germinate within:

1) If he'd been born an American, he'd be a tird rate televangelist in Wichita.

2) Maw, get my gun! There's a varmint in the yard.
Believe me, Hedge, Jimmy Saville (OBE), ex-coalminer, 104 years old, could still whip yo' ass!

Underneath that bouffant, platinum blonde and 24 carat gold bling-bling, exterior, the man is steel thewed whipcord, as various rumours testify.

;)

Yup, he's so hard, he can overpower teenage girls.....:rolleyes:

While I've not said MISTER Saville was responsible for the Cathar slaughter, I'm still not impressed by him. He may've lived a long and (presumably) prosperous life, he still thinks he's in the seventies when he could grope any girlies in the Top of The Pops audience and get away with it.

As far as "OBE" is concerned, I'm not impressed by many of the recipients of this gong, which the government ... er ... the Queen hands out like chocolate money as an ego-fondle to people who've been quite useful but not influential enough to get something more important ... not that any award from Her Madge is that important to "us commoners" anyhow.

Coal miner was he? Big Deal! That ol' dragon and King Scargill decimated the mining industry long ago.

Don't forget, he's also got a papal knighthood which, presumably, aren't awarded lightly...

Mind you, other recipients of the order include Rupert Murdoch, so they can't be that picky..

Not for the first time, I stand corrected and hang my head in shame... ;)

I just watched the louis theroux show with our jim last night and now find a lot of the muck being thrown about here supposedly gleaned from the programme has little or no basis..admiting being a peodophile and all that...nearly crying when louis pushed him on the issue...bloody cobblers.
i reiterate.the lad is no so bad

Max Clifford on the other hand would appear to be a rather oedious wee fellow. After telling Louis that he knew his game was to give people enough rope so they would hang theirselves Max 'i can get your picture in the paper' Clifford promptly did just that

Jimmy Saville

Hi I'm a newbie here, just been peeing myself laughing reading through the JS thread. Just had to add that I remember (in the 70's) reading that JS really hated kids. It always stuck in my mind when I watched Jim'll Fix It. :rolleyes:

Jim'll Fix It

I always wanted to stroke Basils brush.

Still do in fact.

Somewhat alarming to find that my ambitions have changed little since I was 7..

Basil's brush was a real fox brush taken from roadkill, or so the story goes.

Despite that, I still prefer the original to the new version.

:cross eye Okay I no longer want to stroke Basils brush.
Thanks GNC... I think.:cross eye

Is he still alive? :smokin:
Savile enters Big Brother house

Sir Jimmy Savile has gone into Channel 4's Celebrity Big Brother as part of one of the housemates' tasks.
The housemates were alerted to Sir Jimmy's arrival by an unexpected ring on the doorbell, accompanied by the theme tune from his show Jim'll Fix It.

The 79-year-old entertainer was wearing a red tracksuit and his trademark gold chain.

"I have a violent nature, but you have nothing to fear from me," he said as he greeted basketball star Dennis Rodman.

"You feel good?" asked entertainer Michael Barrymore to which Sir Jimmy replied: "Indestructible. I'm here because I thought you might need something fixing."

Housemates will have to write him letters, asking him to make their wishes come true.

Sir Jimmy will then collect all the letters and leave the house early on Saturday evening.

He will return on Sunday morning having chosen which housemate's request he wants to "fix" before leaving for good later that day.

'Bullying''

Model Jodie Marsh was evicted from the house on Friday, which has hit the headlines thanks to the participation of MP George Galloway.

Labour Party London Assembly member John Biggs called Galloway, Respect party MP for Bethnal Green and Bow in east London, a "laughing stock" after he imitated a cat and pretended to lick cream from actress Rula Lenska's hands, as part of a task.

But Marsh had become increasingly isolated during her stay after falling out with most of the other contestants.

Marsh's parents have accused the other housemates of bullying their daughter, who has spent much of her time in the house crying.

The 27-year-old is a supporter of anti-bullying charity Beatbullying after talking about her time at the hands of bullies while she was at school.

Fellow contestant Burns has raised concerns that he and the others may be viewed by the audience as cruel for the way they have treated her.

Celebrity Big Brother has attracted average ratings of 4.3 million, making it one of Channel 4's most popular programmes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4613076.stm
:no-no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back