• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jimmy Savile

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

There are plenty of charity related urban legends about (crisp packet collections, bogus email scams .etc.), some even involving celebrities, but I recall hearing on a phone-in show somebody that claimed he saw Jimmy Savile cheating during the London Marathon. Apparently, in order for the cigar-chomping elderly DJ to do it, he had to take a shortcut that was "assisted" by officials. Ultimately, I guess it doesn't matter, but why bother telling people to sponsor you for something only to wimp out?
Anyway, I would be interested to hear if anyone can corroborate this rumour (and it is a rumour) or any other example of celebrity underhandedness.

yeah he's a cryptid, he bleaches his hair white and claims to be a virgin! but ive heard different he's meant to be a beast in bed, thats why DD posted it here!

A physio once told me that JS visited the hospital where she worked, doing some celeb/charity thing, and dispite hospital rules about No Smoking continued to puff away on his vile tube of camel dung.

His haughty attitude that rules didn't apply to him won him no Brownie points there.

I know a very old joke about Jimmy Savile.

he's a freak. anyone who saw the luis theroux doc on him will know. when secretly filmed he admitted to hitting kids in a night club back in the 60's and when he fell and broke his leg the first person he rang was a publicist who sent a photgrapher to the hospital with him.

Sebastian said:
Uh .... who's Jimmy Savile? :confused:

(Pardon my ignorance :( )
You're excused - you haven't missed much!

He's a geriatric DJ, used to present Top of the Pops a lot in the 60s, smokes large cigars, and at one time sported a hairstyle with one half died white and the other half died black.

He also used to present a show called Jim'll Fix It, which arranged for children's dreams to 'come true', so I guess some people out there love him!

Sebastian said:
Uh .... who's Jimmy Savile? :confused:

(Pardon my ignorance :( )

You aren't missing much, believe me. :rolleyes:
I always used to watch Jim'll fix it when I was small, but that man always gave me the creeps. To be honest, I wouldn't trust him at all, call it woman's intuition if you like.

Friend of a friend once met Jimmy Saville, and the story was (believe it if you will), that he chased her around a desk crying "I've got the body of a 35 year old!"
Louis Theroux is apparently still friends with him, so he can't be as bad as all that.

Well, none of us is perfect, or anywhere near it. Not that I am in any way defending anyone's hypocrisy - I think that you have to live with who you are; some can do it better than others .. .. .. .. .. perhaps a certain numbness of conscience is required sometimes? Or maybe a mere blindness to the truth?

The biggest lie you can tell is the one you tell yourself.

Whilst you have to weigh the good someone does against the bad, who are we to judge anyone anyway? All we can have is an opinion.

Many celebrities who have high profile do-good images (or any kiind of high profile image, for that matter) end up in the newspapers for their indiscretions or intolerances .... just means they're human. How would YOUR life stand up to 24 hour scrutiny from the the press?

But again, I'm not defending anyone specific here. I have enormous disdain for untruthfulness from anyone - fame doesn't give you automatic imunity to being caught out in a lie either. I just think that sometimes we are a bit too keen to look for a chink and then go to town on it.

Mostly I'm ok with who I am, though sometimes I do struggle with questions I ask myself. I hope I get it right more than wrong - that's all that matters to me.

Sermon Over!!!

Jimmy Savile is allegedly accredited with inventing the concept of the disco, by playing records in local church halls and charging people to come in and dance to them, and thus becoming the very first DJ. Is this another UL?

I read JS's autobiography serialised in some Sunday rag in the 70s when he was very famous: he personally claimed to have invented discos as described above.

He also bought a Rolls-Royce and asked for the appropriate number of Green Shield stamps, which he said he intended to use to buy furniture for his old home. This was, he claimed, misreported as 'old people's home' and he ended up buying wee-proof sofas for such an establishment somewhere in Yorkshire.

escargot said:
he ended up buying wee-proof sofas for such an establishment somewhere in Yorkshire.
Do you know where you can get these from? Er, it's for a friend.

Friend of a friend once met Jimmy Saville, and the story was (believe it if you will), that he chased her around a desk crying "I've got the body of a 35 year old!"

Where does he keep the body? and who's is it?

I used to work on the QE2 & Jimmy used to be a regular on board, He used to drive the wine waiters crackers umming & ahhring over the wine list for a good 5 mins before always ordering the same wine. Quite tactile with the waitresses & wanting to be the centre of attention... tight tipper too.

There's a 'Jimmy Savile House' (a small apartment block) in Wimbledon.

there's a UL that he's a necrophiliac. He has a brother witht he same hair that does the running too. perhaps they substituted the brother during the middle part of the marathon?

er, now I've got a horrible vision of Jimmy Saville, dressed in his dead mother's dress, slowly walking through a morgue and the only sounds you can hear is the wheezing of his cigar, the rattling of his pimp's jewllery and him muttering 'Now then, now then'
I don't know why, but I always assumed he was gay (not that there anything wrong with that). All that hanging out with dolly birds on Top of the Pops seemed like classic beard behaviour.

More Saville-centric fun

..and then there were the out-takes from Have I Got News For You (all of which seem to have vanished from the net)

If you never saw them, they consisted of Paul Merton making incredible accusations against Saville on the show, which Saville was kind of revelling in - eventually saying that he'd had more f**ks than Merton had hot dinners. The essence of the allegations revolved around under-age kids, and a lawsuit allegedly brought against Saville in the 70's by a fifteen year old girl.

Apparently, it were all a hoax... although there have been plenty of legal threats to anyone whose website carries the transcript...

Longish post about Have I Got News For You....

I haven't seen those outtakes but I vaguely remember the incident with the 15 year-old.

If Merton was making accusations to Savile's face, and especially if Savile was not disagreeing with them, then Savile has no recourse to law as regards slander. It also seems unlikely that repeating any of those accusations on the 'net or anywhere else constitutes libel as they were originally made directly and not to a third party.

So where can we see the outtakes??
Anyone know???

Incidentally I used to be a big fan of HIGNFY. I was disappointed when it seemed to become more Private Eye than News Quiz (as on Radio 4) and descended into being a vehicle for Ian Hislop's personal feuds. I didn't mind the frequent references to Robert Maxwell, who everyone knew to be a crook but couldn't prove it, but I was aghast at the rudeness with which guests were often treated.
Roy Hattersley was repeatedly invited but demurred, then agreed but bottled at the last minute and was replaced on Merton's team by a tub of lard. Merton won, probably by using his knowledge of current affairs.

I know that politicians are fair game on TV, especially unpopular ones. But when Paula Yates appeared and was subject to the most appalling sexist abuse I switched off at the end and never watched it again. I wasn't a fan of Yates', I was simply outraged at seeing her humiliated by Hislop. She was close to tears by the end. In her place I'd have smacked him in the gob, hard.

I did watch again just the once, when Deayton had been caught with his pants down t'other month. Great fun.

Edit-
here's a transcript of the Savile thingy

http://www.bothsidesnow.co.uk/bothsides2001/somesweets/hignify.html

Re: Longish post about Have I Got News For You....

escargot said:
I haven't seen those outtakes but I vaguely remember the incident with the 15 year-old.
I also vaguely remember something involving a 15 year-old girl, but it may have been a different one. In this incident, the girl committed suicide and left a diary detailing numerous luridly-written sexual encounters with our Jim; the autopsy showed that she was virgo intacta, so of course the police dropped their investigations immediately. But she had apperently met him on a few occasions.....

In the outtake transcript which I saw Merton accuses Savile of molesting a young girl, to which Savile appears to reply that he forced her silence by threatening to break her arms.

What a tw*t.

You'll be glad to know then that those 'out-takes' are fakes, written AFAIK by Lee Herring.

That's funny, because I remember seeing Merton repeatedly utter the words 'dripping pus-filled cock' on TV and thinking 'I do hope he gets that wrong one of these times!'

I don't know if this was before or after I stopped watching HIGNFY but if it was after then I'd only have seen a bit when channel-hopping.

I liked Merton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back