• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jo Cox Attack: False Flag?

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
As you may have seen on the news, the MP, Jo Cox, was brutally attacked today (16/06) by a man who was allegedly shouting "Britain First".

It had to happen : Some people are suggesting that it was a False Flag staged by Bremain.

ClE4SCsXEAAxCAN.jpg:large

Plenty more at :

https://twitter.com/RupertMyers/status/743460787667238912

https://twitter.com/horton_official/status/743442924122284033

(As an aside : Britain First held a little camping trip, featuring martial arts and knife fighting training)

Name and picture of the attacker circulated already, very quickly. Almost as if it was already on hand to be circulated.
Described as a "loner". So nobody to step up and say it was out of character or not like him.
Shouting out the name of a far right party. So nobody can be in any doubt as to the motive.
Convenient timing to further demonise the notion of voting out of Europe on the eve of the referendum.
Unfamiliar tactic. Have their been any other assassinations carried out by UK far right members in recent years?

All things people might say if they were to ponder it as a false flag move by the authorities...

We have sailed these waters before during the Paris attacks.

I believe the consensus then was that while posters remain at liberty to conjecture within the usual parameters of the board, they are also invited to exercise self-restraint and an awareness that atrocities inevitably affect some much more than others.

If nothing else, a pause for and out of consideration is certain to bring a more receptive response from fellow Forteans.

The matter is left to your own consciences.

Last edited:
Horrible news, just horrible- obviously.

I do wonder if the referendum will actually even go ahead now.

Disclaimer: I don't think this is a false flag.

I do think that this is being used quite cynically by Remainers and some of the coverage seems reminiscent of Di-mania. "I know you all want to get home and hug your loved ones..." well, we don't usually have this lachrymose coverage for murders...

It's tragic but I doubt any of us had even heard of her until today. Suspending campaigning until "at least Saturday" and even the suggestion that we now should cancel the referendum altogether... Seriously? What on earth?

Name and picture of the attacker circulated already, very quickly. Almost as if it was already on hand to be circulated.
Described as a "loner". So nobody to step up and say it was out of character or not like him.
Shouting out the name of a far right party. So nobody can be in any doubt as to the motive.
Convenient timing to further demonise the notion of voting out of Europe on the eve of the referendum.
Unfamiliar tactic. Have their been any other assassinations carried out by UK far right members in recent years?

All things people might say if they were to ponder it as a false flag move by the authorities...

Taking the points in order:
It's a small town and he was recognized. It's not like the passport evidence from 9/11.
A number of people have said it was entirely unexpected from the quiet man who did a few gardening jobs.
The cry of identification with the Far Right is disputed and his motive remains mysterious.
It is being interpreted in the context of the referendum but the grievance could have been more personal.
Political assassination remains very rare in this country; the named party has disavowed it

Coming in the wake of a record-breaking US atrocity, connections are bound to be made. In the hot-house situation of a referendum which may have spun out of central-control, its timing is destabilizing indeed. All the more reason to stick to the facts, which seem likely to be sad, local and personal. :(

Initial reports said that Ms Cox had intervened in a dispute between two men and one of them then attacked her. The police report at the time said a second man had been taken to hospital with minor issues.

Haven't heard anything about this for a few hours now. Would be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Disclaimer: I don't think this is a false flag.

I do think that this is being used quite cynically by Remainers and some of the coverage seems reminiscent of Di-mania. "I know you all want to get home and hug your loved ones..." well, we don't usually have this lachrymose coverage for murders...

It's tragic but I doubt any of us had even heard of her until today. Suspending campaigning until "at least Saturday" and even the suggestion that we now should cancel the referendum altogether... Seriously? What on earth?

This has got nothing to do with normal Brexiters/

Most likely a loon who would have done this at any time. He just chose now,

A friend who is cynical but not known for flights of fancy just texted me to express his suspicions about the whole thing. When I responded to say he was getting into X-Files territory he pointed out that dirty tricks of this nature were rather more prosaic and referenced security service actions in Northern Ireland.

I have no idea what to think.

Horrible, horrible thing being exploited by dreadful people.

A friend who is cynical but not known for flights of fancy just texted me to express his suspicions about the whole thing. When I responded to say he was getting into X-Files territory he pointed out that dirty tricks of this nature were rather more prosaic and referenced security service actions in Northern Ireland.

I have no idea what to think.

Horrible, horrible thing being exploited by dreadful people.

If dirty tricks were involved then a person well known would have been targeted.

If dirty tricks were involved then a person well known would have been targeted.

Plus less witnesses and a perp either dead or untraceable.

Although I suppose someone might have wound the guy up, but then he wouldn't be alive to possibly 'finger' the agent provacateur. (?sp)

Our politicians have done the right thing and tried to suspend comment until the poor woman is at least cold - apparently no such scruples affect the twittwerati or the media.

A good point.

I don't agree with that, such is the magnitude of the act that it wouldn't matter who the victim was. I do agree though that in those suspicious type of cases the killer would have been neutralized to tie up any loose ends.

What seems nearer to conspiracy are the attempts in certain areas of the media to tie the murder to the referendum campaign. That would appear to be downright irresponsible in the relatively febrile state of the country.

Whether he is a Brexit supporter or not , his actions are a direct assault on the democracy and constitution that most of us hold dear, and which, once you get past all the froth, is why many of us are on the Brexit side. Because we believe we are trying to save the exact democratic process - the direct accountability of Parliament and Government to the individual constituent - that Mrs Cox was carrying out when she was murdered.

I don't do twitter so someone else will have to check this out, but apparently a local laundrette owner who witnessed the whole incident has put up a sign in his window stating that the murderer did not shout 'Britain first' and nor did he, the laundrette owner, tackle the gunman as apparently has also been reported somewhere. It seems there is considerable local anger about misleading press reports.

I don't do twitter so someone else will have to check this out, but apparently a local laundrette owner who witnessed the whole incident has put up a sign in his window stating that the murderer did not shout 'Britain first' and nor did he, the laundrette owner, tackle the gunman as apparently has also been reported somewhere. It seems there is considerable local anger about misleading press reports.

Yes, I've seen the tweet with the handwritten sign, but I'm not sure how to copy it into a post.

Not suggesting it is false flag, I think there is a problem in these modern times of rushing news out in a bid to be first that leads to a lot of innocent misinformation.

There does seems to be a lot of very odd things about this whole incident though, from tweets making claims about the Britain First shout being deleted once the idea was out there to this sign in the shop window.

At the least it looks like some embellishments have been added to the story for political point scoring. I'm beginning to wonder if she was just in the wrong place and got caught up in a dispute involving the loner with mental issues who got spooked and acted out and people are putting two and two together either innocently or for an agenda.

Also worth Googling the story of Anna Lindh in Sweden in 2003 in order to draw your own parallels and conclusions on the level of coincidence. Young female politician, very pro-Euro who was stabbed to death on an unprovoked attack by a loner with mental health issues just before a vote on Sweden joining the Euro. Polls were very largely against joining but the upsurge of sympathy afterwards reduced the gap significantly although Sweden still voted no ultimately.

It shouldn't be used to attack the Brexit campaign but this guy has a history of fascist/racist activity.

Yes, a Fascist, not a UKIPer or a Borisite.

One of the killers of Lee Rigby also suffered from mental illness but his ideological inspiration wasn't downplayed because of that.

It shouldn't be used to attack the Brexit campaign but this guy has a history of fascist/racist activity.

Yes, it shouldn't be used to attack the Brexit campaign. The content after the 'but' then implies that the Brexit support has racist or Fascist undertones. Two separate statements. This man's acts shouldn't be used to attack the Brexit support. This man had a history of fascist/racist activity. No need for the connection.

Look at it a different way with regard to the weekend's incident, if someone was to say "It shouldn't be used to attack Islam, but Islam is a religion with a history of intolerance towards homosexuals" it would be assumed they were trying to subconsciously tell you the two statements are not connected, but, *nudge* really they are...

One of the killers of Lee Rigby also suffered from mental illness but his ideological inspiration wasn't downplayed because of that.

Again, this highlights the hypocrisy of those on either end of the spectrum. The same people who will have been saying "Just because he shouted Allah Akbar before stabbing someone doesn't mean he did it in the name of Islam, he is mentally ill!" will have been those saying "He shouted Britain First before he stabbed her, of course there is a link!". And vice-versa.

Somehow over the last 5-10 years discussion and debate on both sides has become so partisan and so divided that it always has to be black and white, every incident has to be spun to suit the spinner's agenda. Not just on forums and social media but in the mainstream press and TV coverage as well. What happened to the grey area, taking a step back and thinking rationally about events and taking a reasoned approach.

It's quite a sad state of affairs where we find ourselves now. Everything has to be a conflict, a clash of opinions. You're either pro or against on the issue, no middle ground, take your side and demonstrate on the street, shout the loudest, demonise your rival, you either agree with my ideology or you're deplorable and the enemy...

Has there been any links suggested yet by the media that the mental health home in the area that was reported as being on lock down during the live stream of the immediate aftermath housed the alleged gun man? .. I would also imagine that would be a sensible choice for a care home manager to make at that time anyway even if the man wasn't living there.

Yes, it shouldn't be used to attack the Brexit campaign. The content after the 'but' then implies that the Brexit support has racist or Fascist undertones. Two separate statements. This man's acts shouldn't be used to attack the Brexit support. This man had a history of fascist/racist activity. No need for the connection.

Look at it a different way with regard to the weekend's incident, if someone was to say "It shouldn't be used to attack Islam, but Islam is a religion with a history of intolerance towards homosexuals" it would be assumed they were trying to subconsciously tell you the two statements are not connected, but, *nudge* really they are...

Again, this highlights the hypocrisy of those on either end of the spectrum. The same people who will have been saying "Just because he shouted Allah Akbar before stabbing someone doesn't mean he did it in the name of Islam, he is mentally ill!" will have been those saying "He shouted Britain First before he stabbed her, of course there is a link!". And vice-versa.

Somehow over the last 5-10 years discussion and debate on both sides has become so partisan and so divided that it always has to be black and white, every incident has to be spun to suit the spinner's agenda. Not just on forums and social media but in the mainstream press and TV coverage as well. What happened to the grey area, taking a step back and thinking rationally about events and taking a reasoned approach.

It's quite a sad state of affairs where we find ourselves now. Everything has to be a conflict, a clash of opinions. You're either pro or against on the issue, no middle ground, take your side and demonstrate on the street, shout the loudest, demonise your rival, you either agree with my ideology or you're deplorable and the enemy...

Please do not misrepresent me.

I have tried not to be partisan about this, stressing that this guy was not a normal Brexiter.

I have said it shouldn't be used to attack the Brexit Campaign.

Why do you have to attack me?

How am I making an implication by continuously saying he wasn't associated with UKIP or Boris?

But the fascist connection is relevant as was the Islamist one in the Lee Rigby murder.

If someone is associated with Islamists then a murder committed by that person cannot be removed from that context even if they suffer from mental illness.

If someone is associated with Fascists then a murder committed by that person cannot be removed from that context even if they suffer from mental illness.

Why not accept that I am trying to be part of the middle ground?

Back