• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Angel: TV Series About Jack Parsons

Looking forward to this, the trailer looks good, surely it can't be much longer until we see a Crowley series...?

I don't have cable, and I'm sure liberties will be taken, but if it comes out on home video I'll be sure to snag a copy!

No mention of L. Ron Hubbard in the IMDb listing... yet. Maybe season 2?

Watched the first 2 eps and not greatly impressed thus far. Very Hollywood. Must give it more time. JP isn't even inside the occult yet, so it might get interesting soon.

I have found this show to be very interesting. Parsons is a bit of an Astounding Tales character IRL. I didn't expect them to start the story where they did. Production values are great. 4 eps in now, and things are still warming up. I wonder how many seasons they have booked?

I have Virgin Cable so maybe it'll turn up on one of those channels or on Netflix.

This reference to the TV series is on 3 or 4 threads now. What do we think of it?

Me, I was half bored with the slow burn of season 1, but fully expect S2 to blow my fkn arse off. S1 had its moments tho. I was a bit miffed that it was so bloody glossy. Wished for more of a grunge production.

This reference to the TV series is on 3 or 4 threads now. What do we think of it? Me, I was half bored with the slow burn of season 1, but fully expect S2 to blow my fkn arse off. S1 had its moments tho. I was a bit miffed that it was so bloody glossy. Wished for more of a grunge production.

A grunge production? It was set in the late 1930s. There was no grunge music or aesthetic back then skinny. I agree that the script was slow moving, but it wouldn't be telling the truth if it was action packed. Parsons was chemist specializing in rocket fuels, not an action hero, and this was only the tentative first steps in a very odd story. He comes into his own during WW2. As for the gloss, there was an effort to put chrome on things, not to mention bryll cream. All very period.

Thanks for misunderstanding my vocabulary pretty much entirely.

Grungy was an adjective before 1991. I wanted this to be correctly stained. Like life.

Action-packed is an insult I reject. I'm bored with television generally. This was a series that still has real promise if it is followed up with a bit more dust and damage. They were mechanics.

Well here's a new tangent, certainly for myself.

Oblivious to this until now!

Screenshot_20191216_231255_compress68.jpg

Screenshot_20191216_231648_compress3.jpg

BOOM goes the dynamite.

Is season 2 up yet? I got right into S1 after about E4. Good series.

Back