• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jordan Peterson

Ah, Yithian, Funny you should mention that.

I have to ask this, and please do not be offended.

You recently posted two pictures purported to be yourself. At least in the context of the post.

I have to admit that, although the second one (the gif) was, to me, clearly of a female. I wasn't sure about the first (top) one.

A, were the pictures of you ?

B, are you male or female ?

I always assumed you were male.

Again, no offense intended.

The photo (since removed) that I posted a couple of days ago on the 'Getting to know fellow Forteans' thread was me--and male. In fact, that's the only thread you would have seen a picture of me. Where is/was the 'top' one?

None of my avatars are images of myself and I've never posted a .gif or video of myself on this board.

No offence taken.

Thanks for that. the way you were pulling your hair back was distorting your face.

For a brief period there was two pictures together, The one you say is you, and a gif of a girl in a fur lined anorak

Hopefully the picture( a still screen dump)
yithian.jpg
will appear below..

Thanks for that. the way you were pulling your hair back was distorting your face.

For a brief period there was two pictures together, The one you say is you, and a gif of a girl in a fur lined anorak

Hopefully the picture( a still screen dump)View attachment 15958 will appear below..

Ah, she's a famous actress!

Pulling my hair and distorting my face??

It was a black & white photograph?

Anyway, I have had the requisite equipment and my passport says male.

And what if people deliberately misquote and misrepresent your words for their own malicious agenda. (which ironically is exactly what is happening to Jordan Peterson over this very issue.)

This thread illustrates a microcosm of the soundbite influenced society currently driven by social engineering bullies and psychopaths.
How many posters here are happy to give opinion on Jordan Peterson whilst admitting to not having really read or listened to what he actually presents, commenting without knowledge, experience nor evidence ?

Maybe the problem is, many people don’t have the time to or the ability to concentrate on a complex and carefully worded proposition. So they want it broken down to a short easily understood soundbite.
Hence the former mentioned Kathy Newman interview trope ‘So what you’re saying is ‘ then going on to entirely misrepresent what had been a careful and reasonable explanation of a complex subject.

The real danger here, for those that prefer soundbite opinion is they are easily influenced and manipulated by the often malicious agenda of those feeding them the misinformation ( mainstream media and psychopathic social manipulators they represent.)

A complication is that as Peterson has become more prominent , he is being frequently 'set against' panels of people who more or less interrogate him and his views.

Nothing wrong with that per se, but it appears to be becoming something of a circus.

I was watching a video by Brett Weinstein on the IDW. The Intellectual Dark Web. And one of the points being made is that it is the use of five minute sound bites that is creating a problem.
It is far better to use the long form of interview, an hour or two, and then each point can be explored in depth without the perceived need to rush on to the next.

And Peterson's message, generally 'get a grip and take responsibility for yourself, shape up'. is getting lost in the noise.

I would recommend anyone new to Peterson start right at the beginning with the videos of his lectures.

Last edited:
Ah, she's a famous actress!

Pulling my hair and distorting my face??

It was a black & white photograph?

Anyway, I have had the requisite equipment and my passport says male.

Cheers.

'Passport says male'

Watch out for incoming from certain members ;)

Reverse it. This is something intimate and important to them. It's not intimate to you and it shouldn't challenge your sense of identity.

Weird thing to end a friendship over - possibly you weren't friends and the person would realise that. Please god let no one in reality have to deal with such callous friendship.

Hmmm, missed this last time around.

How would it be challenging MY sense of identity ?

Proscribed speech is an issue. It should not be up to anyone to force anyone else to speak in a certain way or using certain words.

Whatever the answers to those questions are, I don't care if you're the Omnipotent Deity almighty, no one gets to tell me how I must speak, act or address them. They just don't. Not ever.

It's just petty tyranny.

There is no good tyranny.

Thanks, Coal.

You sort of just made my case.

Hmmm, missed this last time around.

How would it be challenging MY sense of identity ?

Because you define yourself, your gender and your sexuality in terms of traditional paradigms and any broadly accepted change in those terms would reclassify you in the eyes of others against your will.

You have said only that you refuse to accept or adhere to any such change without giving a reason beyond personal preference or vaguely implied (and subjective) morality: 'should/shouldn't'.

I, personally, don't much fancy being 'Cisgender'--bloody ugly term that I'll never use--but by the time I die, judging by current trends, that's what a huge swathe of society will call me and I'll plod along thinking as I always have, as I usually do.

The difference between us is that I do not care and don't fill pages of a message board about it. I probably did care a lot more in the past, but I've radically cut back on my interest in the life choices and thoughts of others beyond my direct sphere of influence. It's not outright selfishness, but rather an acceptance that a great mass of humanity will think, say and do ridiculous things in spite of my preferences and common sense, and it is not a fruitful use of my time on Earth to try to change this fact. Besides which, the media madness rarely seems to impinge on my life or the lives of my friends and relatives; it's all a pixellated abstraction to me.

My only modest bequest to the world will, I hope, be a daughter who thinks independently and can distinguish diamonds from dunghills. How much she wishes to engage is up to her.

l love that fact that a woman who would spit blood if referred to as “Chairman” has no issues with being called a Chair.

maximus otter

l love that fact that a woman who would spit blood if referred to as “Chairman” has no issues with being called a Chair.

not sure what the issue is? I haven't met a chairman for years :)

The difference between us is that I do not care and don't fill pages of a message board about it. I probably did care a lot more in the past, but I've radically cut back on my interest in the life choices and thoughts of others beyond my direct sphere of influence. It's not outright selfishness, but rather an acceptance that a great mass of humanity will think, say and do ridiculous things in spite of my preferences and common sense, and it is not a fruitful use of my time on Earth to try to change this fact. Besides which, the media madness rarely seems to impinge on my life or the lives of my friends and relatives; it's all a pixellated abstraction to me.

My only modest bequest to the world will, I hope, be a daughter who thinks independently and can distinguish diamonds from dunghills. How much she wishes to engage is up to her.

So what you’re saying is . . . don’t get involved in in the ‘ridiculous things’ said and done in the name of social engineering (if it doesn’t affect you currently). And let our children deal with the consequences as best they can ?

Your apathy and meek acceptance will be applauded by all those that seek to undermine hard won traditions, values, culture and sovereignty.

Your apathy and meek acceptance will be applauded by all those that seek to undermine hard won traditions, values, culture and sovereignty.

and applauded by all those who support hard won traditions, values, culture and sovereignty - like tolerance, respect for others and minding your own business and not obsessing over other people's lives.... lololololol

So what you’re saying is . . . don’t get involved in in the ‘ridiculous things’ said and done in the name of social engineering (if it doesn’t affect you currently). And let our children deal with the consequences as best they can ?

No, you misunderstand.

I'm not prescribing this approach to anybody.

I've had no need for meekness or strength as few of these things (none that I can think of) that so exercise the Internet warriors and the Twitteratti have ever affected me in any way. If it one day comes to meangingful issues, I'll act to defend my liberties. The closest it has come is my trifling involvement in the anti-ID card campaign in the UK. Fortunately democracy prevailed.

When it comes to labels and language, you can't lose if you refuse to play the game.

If you'd like to debate with snark and sneer, I can retort in kind, but it will only result in another mod (I won't be involved as I'm now a participant) ending the discussion. I refer here to your final point.

As I have said many times here, it's perfectly possible for a person to hold an opposing viewpoint and not be an arsehole, a coward or an imbecile.

. . . not obsessing over other people's lives
Do you mean having an active interest in the way a democracy in governed ?
As I said, wilful ignorance and disinterest in these matters will be encouraged by those who wish to continue a potentially damaging agenda without challenge.

If you'd like to debate with sarcasm and sneer, I can retort in kind, but it will only result in another mod (I won't be involved as I'm now a participant) ending the discussion. I refer here to your and applauded by all those who support hard won traditions, values, culture and sovereignty - like tolerance, respect for others and minding your own business and point.

As I have said many times here, it's perfectly possible for a person to hold an opposing viewpoint and not be an arsehole, a coward or an imbecile.

How did you infer sarcasm and sneer from what I wrote ?
I certainly didn’t write arsehole, imbecile or coward !
You may not have liked what I wrote, but it was polite, considered but not aimed specifically at you. I was trying to make a point along the lines of of ‘when good men do nothing’

Apologies GordonRutter - Jordan Peterson’s censorship and the continual wish to silence and malign rather than to respectfully debate and discuss is the context of this thread.

The threat of mods closing this thread because of their unwillingness to be challenged on their beliefs is ironic don’t you think ?

Apologies GordonRutter - Jordan Peterson’s censorship and the continual wish to silence and malign rather than to respectfully debate and discuss is the context of this thread.

The threat of mods closing this thread because of their unwillingness to be challenged on their beliefs is ironic don’t you think ?

Maybe just keep the discussion to Jordan Peterson and his stated opinions rather than our own feelings?

I really think the Thread has veered away from it's topic.

I now dread seeing that another comment has been posted on this Thread because usually it is part of interminable arguments.

Find something new by JP and discuss that.

Last edited:
I’m sorry I’m having difficulty finding the post where a mod has threatened to close this thread, can you point me to it please? Thank you

Maybe just keep the discussion to Jordan Peterson and his stated opinions rather than our own feelings?

I really think the Thread has veered away from it's topic.

I now dread seeing that another comment has been posted on this Thread because usually it is part interminable arguments.

Find something new by JP and discuss that.
You mean keep it on topic! Agreed.

I’m sorry I’m having difficulty finding the post where a mod has threatened to close this thread, can you point me to it please? Thank you

No, you misunderstand.

I'm not prescribing this approach to anybody.

I've had no need for meekness or strength as few of these things (none that I can think of) that so exercise the Internet warriors at the Twitteratti have ever affected me in any way. If it one day comes to meangingful issues, I'll act to defend my liberties. The closest it has come is my trifling involvement in the anti-ID card campaign in the UK. Fortunately democracy prevailed.

When it comes to labels and language, you can't lose if you refuse to play the game.

If you'd like to debate with snark and sneer, I can retort in kind, but it will only result in another mod (I won't be involved as I'm now a participant) ending the discussion. I refer here to your final point.

Thanks. Can I also refer you to the bit about snark and sneer? I am making this statement now, any off topic posts ie not directly about Jordan Peterson will be deleted.

How did you infer sarcasm and sneer from what I wrote ?

If you'd like to debate with snark and sneer, I can retort in kind, but it will only result in another mod [...] ending the discussion.

mr peterson is a grand articulator and a man of our times, i feel certain hes saved a lot of actual lives with his youtube content, reaching out to people who feel hopeless and locked in a tailspin ... actually makes you feel smarter just listening to him ... and as you know im pretty smart

Yep.

Back