• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jordan Peterson

Ogdred,

He does have a tendency at times to drag things from the Old Testament to illustrate his points. which is fine if you accept the original as intended to be lessons in behaviour.

INT21

Ogdred,

He does have a tendency at times to drag things from the Old Testament to illustrate his points. which is fine if you accept the original as intended to be lessons in behaviour.

INT21

It does seem that way, even in limited experience. The bulk of this chapter was Old Testament references and droning on about Classical mythology. I am interested in both but neither seemed especially relevant and the writing was neither accessible nor engaging, as I said though, I only read one chapter once, the experience made it unlikely that I'd attempt another.

You'd probably do better watching some of his early YouTube videos.

The later ones, where he has become something of a cult figure, are a bit more ambiguous.

His foray into nutrition is... not being well received.

1871603696.jpeg

Preview Available U.K.:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jordan-Mik...rds=jordan+and+peterson&qid=1572090349&sr=8-7

U.S.:
https://www.amazon.com/Jordan-Mikha...rds=jordan+and+mikhaila&qid=1572090448&sr=8-1

"Carnivore diet"? Must be the same as "stone age diet" or "paleo diet"?

"Carnivore diet"? Must be the same as "stone age diet" or "paleo diet"?

I think, from an interview I heard with his daughter, that it is exclusively fried or grilled steak with green leafy vegetables--salt is sometimes added.

I haven't followed him for a while.

It looks as if he really aught to go back to his roots.

And that cover really is 'strange'.

I hope so.
Oh, dear lord, you're right. I've irrevocably ruined my Amazon search history for this, but it's almost worth it. (I note in passing that the second recommendation on the page is for Walker's "Manly Exercises"... That sounds like the perfect companion volume for anyone on the Peterson "Lion diet".) That is spectacularly ill-judged. But quite funny.

If I ever had any doubts about whether Peterson was a fit and proper person to be giving advice to others, I can safely say that particular question is now resolved.

I haven't followed him for a while.

It looks as if he really aught to go back to his roots.

And that cover really is 'strange'.
It's like she needed a photo of her father too, to appeal to the "Petersonites".

Last edited:
They are both in excellent shape, perhaps as an advert for the ideas they're pushing?

That twitter feed seems mainly to consist of her yelling at people for being so stupid as to believe a book entitled "Jordan and Mikhaila Peterson:Our Diet" might be theirs. Can't you get deported from Canada for being impolite?
It's not their book? Well who's is it then?

Looks like he's trying to make a living of Jordan Peterson by transcribing everything he says and does. Perhaps he has found a loophole which allows him to do it.

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=digital-text&rh=p_27:Johnny+Rockermeier&s=relevancerank&text=Johnny+Rockermeier&ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_3
I’ve come across this before. Karl Shuker found a book credited to him that he had never written and it turned out to be a collection of all of the Wikipedia entries that he had ever written or contributed to just collected together. As far as I aware no longer available but presumably the perpetrator made their money and moved on to the next target.

I refuse to listen to some one who panders to people with unpleasant views no matter how much jp denies it. I'm not and will never be intolerant of in intolerance even though some turnip on Reddit called me an enlightened centrist:mad:
Look, if there is a solid moral and factual basis for intolerance, I support it. In most cases of intolerance this is not the case however. BTW is enlightened centrism some form of insult now? It sounds like a compliment to me.

To be clear, I had no idea that it was not their book. I watched a segment on a popular political YouTube channel that said it was and lampooned it.

I'd say that the Petersons had a good case for legal action in many jurisdictions. Given that they are Canadians and the book is available worldwide, they have a great number of options.

Apologies for falling for and propogating a hoax.

'Johnny Rockermeier' seems to be responsible for other similar cash-ins:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Johnny+Rockermeier&i=stripbooks&ref=mw_dp_a_s

Back