• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jules Verne Time Capsule

C.O.T.

Devoted Cultist
jules-verne-pepe.jpg

Hi, post this cause think that have not been talked about. Is over the time capsule ( box containing objets or messages for future people, ) that was found on the tomb of the Scifi french writter Jules Verne on 2017.
The autors tomb.
Verne-04.jpg

Being enough courious the simply fact of finding a time capsule of that person the fact is still more interesting when we take a look to the box content.
The box when was found.
Verne-05.jpg

The contents of the box, when the lock was broken.
Verne-02.jpg

Some of that contents were quite understandable and common on that kind of time capsules from a public personality, as for example apear a piece of a newspaper from 1890 that talks about a woman that made a complete voyage around the world on only 72 days inspited by verne writings. Other paintings of the moon phases. And some objects provably property of the autor as a small telescope and a triangle. But others are quite more strange and misterious.
For example a treatize on mining ( understandable) but this one with many anotations related with Alchemy.
A map in wich many points in the peloponnese are spoted.
And the most intriging is the huge amout of strange symbols uncomprensible anagrams and drawings on a book, maybe related with some kind of secret society. Maybe pointing to the relation of the autor with some Magic or Occultist organizations.
The data and images were from the explorers club NYC, that opened the box.

Last edited:
jules-verne-pepe.jpg

Hi, post this cause think that have not been talked about. Is over the time capsule ( box containing objets or messages for future people, ) that was found on the tomb of the Scifi french writter Jules Verne on 2017.
The autors tomb at Paris.
Verne-04.jpg

Being enough courious the simply fact of finding a time capsule of that person the fact is still more interesting when we take a look to the box content.
The box when was found.
Verne-05.jpg

Verne-02.jpg

Some of that contents were quite understandable and common on that kind of time capsules from a public personality, as for example apear a piece of a newspaper from 1890 that talks about a woman that made a complete voyage around the world on only 72 days inspited by verne writings. Other paintings of the moon phases. And some objects provably property of the autor as a small telescope and a triangle. But others are quite more strange and misterious.
For example a treatize on mining ( understandable) but this one with many anotations related with Alchemy.
And the most intriging is the huge amout of strange symbols uncomprensible anagrams and drawings on a book, maybe related with some kind of secret society. Maybe pointing to the relation of the autor with some Magic or Occultist organizations.
I don't know about this. When was the time capsule put in and when was it dug up?

Where was it found? How did they have permission to remove it/open it?

*sigh, (I'm sighing as I'm tired), - ok I'm off for a google.

Last edited:
The article of Archeology network points to the idea that maybe the metal box were not leaved by Verne, but by someone related with him. I think that anyway it would be very interesting to get a look to some of that "strange" draws and simbols, maybe someone more experienced on XIXth century occult societies could find some similarities.
For me is interesting that nexus between the promoter of the Scifi literature and the occultism. There has been quite discussion in the past about suposed future vision from Verne, and i mean future vision on the magic meaning of course, cause some of the coincidences between the data of the narration voyage to the moon were too much acurate with the real voyage of 1969.

jules-verne-pepe.jpg

The autors tomb.
Verne-04.jpg

The box when was found.
Verne-05.jpg

Verne-02.jpg

Very interesting C.O.T., thank's for sharing. I'm also hungry to learn more about this.

Back