• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jurassic World

No, when I was a kid often children in movies would annoy me too. You felt more grown up watching adults acting out the stories. Didn't mind so much on TV, apart from stuff like Why Don't You? which wasn't fiction anyway.

The Woo goes there so we don't have to :cool:

It always amazes me when I see these abandoned places, and there's so much stuff lying about that looks perfectly usable. The amount of waste is just huge.

It always amazes me when I see these abandoned places, and there's so much stuff lying about that looks perfectly usable. The amount of waste is just huge.

Same, I guess though the huge cost and effort to maintain the site to a level that satisfies health and safety puts people off.

Also with abandoned film sets I'm guessing there's just not enough to see and do to turn it into an attraction. Hobbiton springs to mind.

Last edited:
I did hear on a podcast this week, the best description of it.

"In which Chris Pratt is the only person who's ever seen a Jurassic Park movie."

Trailer 3, with a whole lot of footage we haven't seen before:

Looks like this one has a shed load of dinosaurs in it! And lashings of dino on dino munchings.

I hear Joss Whedon gets eaten as well. Anyway, looks action-packed if nothing else. Here's hoping for a velociraptor driving a car for a dramatic chase.

Here's hoping for a velociraptor driving a car for a dramatic chase.

What if the velociraptor jumped on a pushbike, like that escaped Russian circus bear did? I'd be impressed.

(My spell checker is trying to correct velociraptor to velocipede, how appropriate! :D)

Anyway, I am disappointed by the trailer. It's just another shoot-the-monster-and-crash-helicopters fillum. Seen all that before. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hear they originally based the storyline on Cymbeline but gave up when they realised there weren't enough dinosaurs in it. :p

Sobering to think the last time a Jurassic Park movie was released in cinemas, the World Trade Center was still standing.

I wonder how it got that close to them? it's an odd confrontation to say that the I. rex has it's back to the wall. There are rumours that it has reactive camouflage... or maybe it just came over the wall, which is hinted at in the earlier trailer, and would be a nice wtf.

Btw is it just me that thinks they cast that guy in the control room for having Jeff Goldblum bug eyes?

What do you think he took the 'redshirt' in with him for? it's to slow the I. Rex down while it stops to munch him. :D

I like the idea - just like the guy in this old advert

I knew a guy once who claimed to have escaped from Feltham Psychiatric Borstal cira 1970s, he reckoned the key to it was to always let a fat kid in on the plan. Slowed the staff down when they caught him for long enough for you to get away. :p

I knew a guy once who claimed to have escaped from Feltham Psychiatric Borstal cira 1970s, he reckoned the key to it was to always let a fat kid in on the plan. Slowed the staff down when they caught him for long enough for you to get away. :p
I didn't know it was a 'psychiatric' borstal. I thought it was just a borstal.
Used to go past that place every weekend on the way to visit my grandparents, back in the 70s and 80s.

Dunno, the guy was an inveterate bullshitter so the whole story may have been made up.

TV spot #4 which has some moew new footage in.

"Ever wonder why there's a job opening?" :eek:

A couple of nice new bits in TV Spots 8 & 9.

I. Rex looking snappy!

Not sure what's attacking the truck? Allosaur? Suchomimus? Looks a bit big to be a raptor.

Only 4 days left to the UK release date.

If you don't want spoilering but want some JP/JW fun, this video is actually rather interesting and entertaining:

if you do want spoilering, this tv spot is teh sh*t, that Indominous Rex is so aggressive it's almost bonkers:

Safety Not Guaranteed, the 2012 movie which got director Colin Trevorrow the Jurassic World gig, is on Film4 tonight at 10:45
Sci-fi comedy-drama with Aubrey Plaza and Mark Duplass. A man who claims he's able to travel in time places an ad seeking a companion for a trip into the past. Some strong language.

Back