Just Plain Awful 'Comedy'

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Except for the phrase "I love kids....but I couldn't eat a whole one"
I once stood at the school gate, as the teacher supervising pick-ups from an after-school club, and had an entire conversation with a like-minded parent about how you couldn't eat a whole kid in one sitting, which were the best bits to bung in the freezer, and whether it was worthwhile hanging their meat to make it more tender. I can think of more than a few parents I would NOT have had that conversation with!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I once stood at the school gate, as the teacher supervising pick-ups from an after-school club, and had an entire conversation with a like-minded parent about how you couldn't eat a whole kid in one sitting, which were the best bits to bung in the freezer, and whether it was worthwhile hanging their meat to make it more tender. I can think of more than a few parents I would NOT have had that conversation with!
Did it all get a bit Modest Proposal? :chuckle:

IamSundog

Not insane
Reaction score
I had heard one of his early "live" albums (dunno if it was the same as your listening) and only three sketches amused me: one about getting ice cream when he'd had his tonsils out, one when he talked about kid's go-karts (US: push-carts) and one about Noah. They amused me but not uproariously so.
Circa 1966 Bill Cosby’s Noah’s Ark skit was the absolute most hilarious thing any of us had ever heard. We played the record constantly and could recite the entire thing word-for-word to each other.