• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Kar Adam Article From Kyrgyzstan

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Hi guys, the chap who sent it to me said it was Kyrgyz. Then I got another e-mail saying he had got it wrong and it was Russian.
Here the translated text...

MVA veteran B.Asakeev showed video footage of a 45-centimeter track, presumably a snowman in the Naryn mountains
A resident of the city of Naryn, a veteran of the police and financial police Bakyt Asakeev has been studying the question of the existence of a snowman for several years.
As the veteran of the Internal Affairs Directorate told Turmush, he does not exclude the existence of a yeti and collects information from the public.
According to him, he heard about the existence of a snowman from several people. Working in the At-Bashinsky District Department of Internal Affairs, B. Asakeyev heard the story of hunter Toktosun Zhaparov, who told that two hunters from the village of Pogranichnik went hunting, one of them was stolen by a female snowman.
"After this, the second hunter was accused of killing a friend, after which he was put in jail. But two years later the missing hunter came back and told that he was kidnapped by a yeti female, that she kept him by force and did not let go of anything, that they had sexual intercourse, that she gave birth to a child from him and that he managed to escape, " .
B.Asakeev also remembered that while working in the Tien Shan ROVD, he heard from local hunters information about the existence of demonic old women with metal claws and nose. He collects information from residents and hunters living in Toguz-Toro, Eki-Naryn, Boso, Zhany-Jer, Kyzyl-Oy in Suusamyr .The villagers told a story about a hunter who met with an unknown creature in the village of Kyzyl-Oy in Suusamyr. Frightened, the hunter moved to live in Sokuluk. In 2000, an incident occurred that made me believe that wild people actually exist. The reconnaissance group of the Naryn border detachment found traces of the Yeti in the area of Arpa. But the military, fearing that they will laugh at them, did not begin to talk about it. In those years I worked as the chief of the Okhotinspektsii. I was interested in the existence of wild people. After the appearance of information. That the border guards had found traces of a snowman, I could not sit still, I was interested. But such information without serious evidence could not be disseminated. A year later, together with the border guards, we again went to that place. I then managed to take photos and video of the snowman's footprint. The creature was so large that it managed to leave a deep mark in the earth. Despite the passage of the year, the track still remained in that place, "he said.
One of the traces of an unknown creature who discovered the trace is the border guard Mamytbek Muratov.
At the meeting in AKIpress-Naryn, he confirmed the information that he had actually been there, and also provided an archive photo of a group of border guards who discovered traces of the yeti.
B.Asakeev began to closely study the existence of the Yeti since 2008, after retirement. "I was helped by my work in a travel company. The head of the travel agency offered a Swiss citizen named Samuel to come with an expedition team to Kyrgyzstan to conduct a study. Many years have passed since that time. In February, Samuel called me and said that Spanish scientists are interested in learning the yeti. Now a group of Spanish researchers led by a scientist, biologist Gustavo Sanchez Roveno are in the Ak-Talin and Toguz-Toru districts. I am with them as a representative from Kyrgyzstan. They examine the terrain where the human foot has not yet set foot, "he says.
In the comments of Turmush Gustavo Sanchez Roveno said that he is studying the beings that are not yet known to science. He believes that it is impossible to reject the facts about the existence of the yeti, because before the evolution of man there were wild creatures, Neanderthals. He says that there are suggestions that the ancestors of wild people could live in regions with a cold climate.
B. Asakeev suggested that the Yetis can live in the high mountains of At-Bashi, in the Arpa, in Toguz-Toro and Ak-Tala, in Suusamyr, in Kara-Kuldzha and Uzgen.
What was previously known? Earlier Turmush wrote that more than 15 years ago, members of the Border Service of Kyrgyzstan found traces of a snowman in the Arpa valley in the south of the Naryn region. As the aksakals of the At-Bashi district told Turmush correspondent, there used to be a lot of rumors that a snowman can live in the Arpa valley. According to the chairman of the Council of veterans of the border service of Naryn oblast, pensioner Zhanybek Asanov, in 2001 the border guards managed to capture traces of an unknown creature. "It was June 2001. There was a time of stir, just after the Batken events. Rumors began spreading that armed groups could be located at various borders of the country. Of course, all this information required careful verification.
One of these days, we received information that in the Arpa Valley there was a group of armed people, on horses, bearded. The terrain was located in the mountains of the Kara-Kuldzha Valley and the Fergana Range. A special group was created from the servicemen of the Naryn border detachment, consisting of Colonel Sydykov, Major Turdakunov, Captain Sartov, driver M. Mamytov, and also members of the State National Security Committee. In this composition, we left for the intended place. Along the way we decided to stay in the Mingbug area in the Keptesh river bank, "he says.
History from a resident of Kara-Balta
Earlier Turmush wrote that a resident of Kara-Balta told about a meeting with a snowman in the Taldy-Bulak gorge. The amateur and nature researcher Denis Grebenev did not tell anyone about this for almost 5 years, as he was afraid to run into misunderstanding and ridicule of others.
Details of its history and photos can be seen on the link.
Http://www.turmush.kg/en/news:1374000/?from=en_turmush&place=newstopcomm

I wanna go to Mongolia. Find me some of that there Death Worm ;)

Of all the places I have been the Gobi is my favourite. It is the closest you will get to visiting another planet. I came away convinced that the deathworm itself is a real animal but its powers are apocryphal. It sounds like a large, undiscovered worm lizard.

heard the gossips of snowman in Ulaanbaatar, some locals from olgii say these mountains are holding many truths.
Yes its known as the alma in Mongolia, as opposed to almasty in Russia. It's description sounds very much the same. It it said to lurk in the mountains in north of the country. I was down south in the Gobi, deathworm hunting.

Hi LM. What did you think of the video shot by the Russian boys of an alleged almasty a couple of years ago? The video appeared in a 3-part series The Bigfoot Files. The boys were ranging at the edge of town in the snow and followed the footprints of a large creature to a copse by a creek. There they saw and videoed an indeterminate large dark creature which took off. I think the boy with the camera held his nerve and went forward while his mates bolted for their lives.

Hi LM. What did you think of the video shot by the Russian boys of an alleged almasty a couple of years ago? The video appeared in a 3-part series The Bigfoot Files. The boys were ranging at the edge of town in the snow and followed the footprints of a large creature to a copse by a creek. There they saw and videoed an indeterminate large dark creature which took off. I think the boy with the camera held his nerve and went forward while his mates bolted for their lives.
Like most of these things it was too shaky to make much out. It was probably a hoax. The series itself was rubbish. They didn't interview contempory witnesses and just went over there with the forgone conclution it was a bear,an idea that makes no sense whatsoever.

Thanks.
The DNA analysis from the hairs collected was fairly conclusive, but whether those were sourced from actual encounters remains in question. I find the accounts from the 'Stans (countries north of India) more compelling than those from the US/Canada. Maybe because you'd expect the latter to be more likely to have concrete evidence of something by now.

Keep up the good work, LM. Your regular linked reports and updates are fascinating and much appreciated, even when they don't always draw a broadscale response.

Why has the reply box gone yellow?

The main point about that footage is that when the boy taking the film turns and runs and we his mates running off into the distance, is just that. We see his mates running away, because he keeps the camera on them. What kid is going to turn and flee from a yeti and keep the camera to his eye to keep filming.

The DNA analysis from the hairs collected was fairly conclusive

The results were also dismissed as being faulty, there was no ancient polar bear DNA it was just typical of the bear populations local to where each sample was taken.

It was a silly series, Bryan Sykes isn't a safe pair of hands to say the least, and the whole yeti is a bear premise doesn't hold water in my opinion. I believe the yeti is a myth, and I think they did too, they knew any samples they'd have would almost certainly be bear, so for a slightly different reason I agree with Lordmongrove. They 'created' a mystery knowing they could easily solve it. They didn't even touch the yeti.

Back