• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Yes. It's been around for a while and I'm not sure why the renewed interest.

The more plausible of the two photos, supposedly taken in 1932 by a Swedish plantation owner called Johannson, shows something not dissimilar to a Komodo Dragon, emerging from a waterhole:

IMG_0591.JPG

Last edited:
Yes. It's been around for a while and I'm not sure why the renewed interest.

The more plausible of the two photos, supposedly taken by a Swedish plantation owner called Johannson, shows something not dissimilar to a Komodo Dragon, emerging from a waterhole:

View attachment 16505

And as Komodo Dragons can go bipedal when in aggressive mood or a feeding frenzy, I reckon that's a pretty good match for Kasai Rex:

Attachments

• IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 24
Does Mokele M'Bembe have a rival?

Alleged theropod dinosaur (or could be a new crocodile species or some sort of large monitor lizard) reported in the Congo.

Been doing the rounds on Pinterest, along with some decidedly dodgy photos.

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Kasai_Rex

With evidence of this compelling quality, who can doubt its existence?

latest

l believe!

maximus otter

The Nile Monitor does have some quite marked stripes, so I reckon David Plankton has nailed it with his identification. They are a fair bit smaller than their cousins on Komodo though and, according to Wikipedia, are not known to exceed 8ft in length. Hardly the "monster" described, but I suppose it would still give you a fright if it emerged from a waterhole right next to you.

PSX_20190426_090837.jpg

Back