• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Kelly Wilson Disappearance (Texas; 1992; Satanic Cult?)

MrRING

Android Futureman
This strange story of "satanic panic" involving a (still) missing teen is one weird story.

READ THE WHOLE THING HERE

The Strange Case of the Gilmer (Texas) Cannibal Cult

In 1992, fifteen children in Gilmer, Texas were removed from their extended families of origin and placed in protective, therapeutic foster care after investigations by Child Protective Services revealed their sadistic sexual abuse and victimization by parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and others.

A special prosecutor was appointed to bring the alleged perpetrators to justice. Scott Lyford, a Galveston attorney, and his investigative team were able to accumulate sufficient evidence to gain indictments and convictions against the eight defendants.

As the children became increasingly secure in their foster care environment and in their therapeutic relationship with a mental health professional, they began to reveal details of their victimization which included elements of ritualistic abuse such as being forced to ingest blood, urine and feces, deviant sex practices, and other behaviors indicative of ritual activities.

One of the abused children disclosed special knowledge regarding the disappearance of an area teenager, Kelly Wilson. This child implicated his sexual abuse perpetrators and an area police officer in the abduction, rape, torture, and murder of Ms. Wilson, a 17 year old Gilmer resident who disappeared on January 5, 1992.

When confronted with the child's testimony, two of the adults confessed to the offenses and one of the adults directed the investigative team to a property owned by the paternal grandparents of the children where the adult alleged some ritual activities had taken place, including the murder of Kelly Wilson. The two adults subsequently recanted their confessions, and later confessed again. One of the adults plea bargained to a lessor offense for which she has been convicted but not sentenced. Both adults submitted to polygraph evaluations whose results supported their confessions.

And it keeps getting weirder (if you can believe it!).

Usually, I'm wary of ritual abuse and conspiracy theories, tending to apply Occam's Razor to them. However, this is a very strange situation. Is there anything to corroborate these claims?

The weird thing in the case (you should check out the above link) is that after they were accused, after they confessed, and after two of the involved killed themselves, the original charges were shown to have been made up by the accusing kid to stop plain physical abuse by his foster parents.

It's just insane if you look at it from the pov of people convincing themselves they ritually abused kids when they didn't, swearing out statements and the like....

Recently covered

on a television news-magazine.

Once you find out that the special-prosecutor and his team who were named to investigate the Wilson disappearance were all born-agains, it is easy to understand how things got so out of hand.

The 'confessions' were obtained the same way as so many others in 'Satanic abuse' cases - threats and leading questions.

I moved to east Texas after retiring from the Air Force in 2010 (Was born in Detroit and I had no desire to return). The case was never solved. I've talked to people who've lived in that area for their whole lives about it. Some have suspicions.

I moved to east Texas after retiring from the Air Force in 2010 (Was born in Detroit and I had no desire to return). The case was never solved. I've talked to people who've lived in that area for their whole lives about it. Some have suspicions.

Do tell.

maximus otter

Do tell.

maximus otter

I spent an afternoon with a gentleman, a fellow Air Force veteran, who worked on one of the crew capsules for a space launch. He was retired and lived in the region when the event took place.

We discussed the case. Kelly Wilson worked at a video rental store near the city square. Currently, a home health service provider works out of the building. At the time of the event there was a bank across the street that had security cameras that captured footage that showed someone making the stores night deposit. An examination of the video did not determine whether or not it was Wilson who put the stores money pouch in the bank's after hours deposit box. The building that housed the bank is now the Vehicle Tax/Registration office.

One tire of her car had been slashed. The car was unlocked and her purse was inside. Her keys were not found.

He said the claims of satanic cults are like the debunked McMasters daycare scare. He suspects someone from a powerful local family was involved but wouldn't divulge the name because he had no definitive evidence.

Here's a local organization that is keeping the story alive.

http://charleyproject.org/case/kelly-dae-wilson

One tire of her car had been slashed. The car was unlocked and her purse was inside. Her keys were not found.

NCMC763577c1.jpg

lt sounds tragically as though she was abducted by a sex killer who picked her out from her public-facing job in the video rental outlet, disabled her car, then offered assistance as a “Good Samaritan”.

maximus otter

lt sounds tragically as though she was abducted by a sex killer who picked her out from her public-facing job in the video rental outlet, disabled her car, then offered assistance as a “Good Samaritan”.

maximus otter

I've walked and driven by the place she worked/disappeared from a lot. Its on a corner, adjacent to the court house and right on the town square. I suspect it was someone she knew.

Back