• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Kevin Carlyon, High Priest of White Witches

zarathustraspake

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Since there was a brief mention of Kevin Carlyon (the so-called "High Priest of White Witches") in the thread on Aleister Crowley, I thought I'd start a thread purely devoted to this particular loony.

If you go to Kevin Carlyon's website at http://www.kevincarlyon.co.uk/ you'll see some of the most gloriously entertaining lunacy you'll ever come across, including his claim that "Ruby Wax recently had the honour of meeting me". (I'm sure she was thrilled, Kevin.)

My favourite thing about his site is this picture of him officiating at one of his rituals.

kevnakedcoven.jpg

This is of course, most certainly not an image of Kevin badly photoshopped into a still of a scene from The Wicker Man.

:lol:

Careful, you don't want to get sued!

mmm?!

Kevin is more a attention seeker than anything else. Mostly harmless but a lot of Wiccans would like to see him disappear.

Somewhat OT, but in ROCS the other day a woman came in who was very like a caricature of a witch. She was continually muttering to herself (or speaking to me - I don't think either of us knew which), but she did buy a couple of things.

However, I was glad when she left the shop - I was afraid that if I got too friendly I might be invited to join in some esoteric sex-rite, and that if I seemed too unfriendly I might have been turned into a frog. :shock:

(Perhaps this should be in 'Weird Folk'...)

Love this line:
JUST TO ADD TO THE CONTROVERSY BETWEEN OTHER WITCHES I THINK I'LL CALL MY SELF THE LIVING GOD OF ALL WITCHES.
Brilliant!

I see he also is "blessed" with abusive emails from Jan Sundberg. :D

Ah, just makes me miss the Heirophant even more..

Kevin%20and%20Ruby%202.jpg

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF REAL WITCHCRAFT
KEVIN CARLYON
I'M NOT JUST A WITCH - I'M
THE
WITCH!
Just in case anyone thought the headline referred to Ruby Wax. A very natural mistake.

Or, was the picture taken when Kevin was on a visit to Madam Tussaud's? Ruby does look a bit glassy eyed.

Maybe, something in Boleskin House will creep out and bite his bum. :)

back in 2001 I had arranged a trip to Scotland to talk to teenagers, mainly young women,
This is a good quote from his site, shows where this twits heads at.
I loved the crowley exorcism...Whatever next?

morningstar667 said:
back in 2001 I had arranged a trip to Scotland to talk to teenagers, mainly young women,
This is a good quote from his site, shows where this twits heads at.
I loved the crowley exorcism...Whatever next?

Kevin says 'It wouldn't suprise me if the sale sale doesn't go through. Although I exorcised the bed with good results the sofa, chairs and candle sticks are still there, all from Boleskin House. Crowley may have the last laugh yet as these were not exorcised. I just hope it doesn't end up like Jack Nicolson in The Shining'.

Kevin performed a Full Moon ritual on April 24th to aid their escape but is certain that he must exorcise the other items. 'This could have dark consequencies of Biblical proportions' he says. 'I am the only one on this planet who can solve this. I pity the new owners'
:lol:

elffriend said:
Is this guy for real? :roll:
I didn't realise that he's a 'former wrestler'. Carlyon obviously sees witchcraft as a branch of professional wrestling. Interesting to see how that fits in with his flamboyant self-promotion, challenging and putting down the opposition in the 'World Wide Federation of Witchcraft'.

:rofl:

Lets pair him up with Betty Bowers in a battle of wits. I'll bet on Betty.. :lol:

Witch craft should not be for men anyway. It woman's power. Men do not have the right mentality, you have to think in cycles for witch craft. The cycles of nature and woman's cycle are very much entwined. Maiden, mother and crone.

Obviosuly IMO :D

The picture of him on the broom is very funny - Looks like a still from Carry on up the Wicca!

Is he a fan of Spinal Tap? - Did they give him the Stonehenge model?

Floating cursor trails in the shape of the "loch Ness Monster".

Pure Class.

-

Witch craft should not be for men anyway. It woman's power. Men do not have the right mentality, you have to think in cycles for witch craft. The cycles of nature and woman's cycle are very much entwined. Maiden, mother and crone.

You mean he should wear a dress and.........???

<smiles happily>

Dont look like that, I only got it from my guide to Homosexuality in Viking Times...

Does wandering around in a bathrobe count? I've seen footage of him performing a ritual (to protect Nessie, no less), and his "robes" were an old bathrobe. Really.

And he turned up in a stretch limo.

elffriend said:

Obviosuly IMO :D

Witches have been known to use the moon from time to time. Some would say that's a cycle. :)

I've seen footage of him performing a ritual (to protect Nessie, no less), and his "robes" were an old bathrobe. Really.

Dammit - I wish I lived a life like that.

morningstar667 said:
Lets pair him up with Betty Bowers in a battle of wits. I'll bet on Betty.. :lol:

If only Crowley were still alive so that Crowley and Carlyon could have a *real* battle instead of the phooey "exorcism".

I'd bet on Crowley kicking Carlyon's arse even if Crowley was made to do it with both hands tied behind his back and an apple in his mouth and they gave Carlyon an Uzi 9mm.

zarathustraspake said:
morningstar667 said:

If only Crowley were still alive so that Crowley and Carlyon could have a *real* battle instead of the phooey "exorcism".

I'd bet on Crowley kicking Carlyon's arse even if Crowley was made to do it with both hands tied behind his back and an apple in his mouth and they gave Carlyon an Uzi 9mm.
Bit of exaggeration going on here, I think. Plus, Crowley would be getting on a bit by now.

:)

Anome_ said:

It all boils down to money in the end. He is a show off who is conning believers into parting with cash.

But just think of the publicity he would get if burnt at the stake.

Imagine the about turn he'd do if that suddenly became the thing to do to witches.

Oh, I forgot to mention Kevin's *other* website - http://www.kevwitch.co.uk/index.html

It's even more insane than the first one! :D

Sample quote:

"As High Priest of British White Witches I am allowed Special Access to the Centre Circle of Stonehenge"

What, is that the "special access" to Stonehenge that can be obtained by anyone who rings the English Heritage office in Salisbury and books a session in advance? Because I took a group to gain private access to Stonehenge last month, and I'm not High Priest, King or Supreme Overlord of anything other than my cat (and even he's distinctly mutinous).

Also on the kevwitch.co.uk site: lots of pictures of Kev in his ritual robe/bathrobe with plenty of greying chest hair poking out. It's quite erotic, in a Peter Stringfellow sort of way.

Back