• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Kevin Randle: Why We Should Continue To Investigate Old UFO Encounters

Paul_Exeter

Justified & Ancient
Rendlesham was 43 years ago, the Calvine photo was taken back in the 90's, yet Kevin Randle argues that we should keep digging:

"Several years ago, I learned about Rich Reynolds when he suggested it was time for we geezers to get out of the way and allow the youngsters to solve the mystery of the UFO. I believe he thought we had failed, though I thought that we had supplied quite a few explanations including those answered as “unidentified.” Didn’t mean alien spacecraft, only that we didn’t know what it was and alien spacecraft was one possible answer."

http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2023/03/should-we-investigate-decades-old-cases.html

Kevin mentions new corroborating evidence emerging about Pascagoula and Socorro amongst others.

Thank you for posting that Kevin Randle article, very interesting that so many witnesses did not have statements taken at the time -
Ben Hansen of the 'UFO Witness' series delves into many of these old cases, actually digging up witnesses and landing sites. He did this at the Hopkinsville, Kentucky, 1955 UFO incident, actually locating what he believed to be the landing site of the UFO and disturbances in the trees there. (Season 1 Episode 4) Amazing that there are still those with stories to tell!

Indeed, there are a few extraordinary older cases which have barely been investigated at all. I always enjoyed some of the thoughtful and thought-provoking material posted by Michael Swords from his huge archive.

Older cases are more simple, no CGI, and no drones.

Just recently the UFO Office in the Pentagon made a “ big deal “ by going back and offering the military personnel involved amnesty by retelling the Malmstrom UFO incident to a Congress committee.

I am suspicious about why the military wanted to reopen this UFO event.

But according to rumors the orange-red UFO disc really did shut down the missiles and the base communications very efficiently and quickly.

Very good post by Randle. I tire of people who don't see the value in continuing to seriously investigate the classic cases, with as little bias as possible. Randle, of course, does lean quite a bit away from accepting "conventional" explanations, but that in itself is a form of healthy skepticism.

Unfortunately most of what's presented these days about the old cases just rehashes old and possibly inaccurate information that's been bouncing around for decades. I fear there are very few genuine UFO researchers today.

Older cases are more simple, no CGI, and no drones.

Just recently the UFO Office in the Pentagon made a “ big deal “ by going back and offering the military personnel involved amnesty by retelling the Malmstrom UFO incident to a Congress committee.

I am suspicious about why the military wanted to reopen this UFO event.

But according to rumors the orange-red UFO disc really did shut down the missiles and the base communications very efficiently and quickly.

I still have serious doubts about Malmstrom for a number of reasons, but do find the Minot AFB case from 1968 to have some compelling aspects:

https://minotb52ufo.com/

This is a very thorough bit of research of an 'old case' - the interviews section alone is fascinating. The whole incident included multiple visuals from separate teams and a sighting from a B-52, but I still have a feeling that one specific incident documented here (a perimeter alarm tripping at 'Oscar' missile site, and a security team panicking when seeing a UFO) might be the ultimate source of the Malmstrom story.

Back