• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Kids Arrested For Burping, Spilling Milk, Etc.

So she should be allowed to punch and kick who she wants when she wants without being shocked into thinking twice next time? .. as long as the zip ties didn't cause her an injury and/or she hasn't been diagnosed with any mental health problems?.. don't go around punching and hitting people, better she learns now than when she's a teenager or an adult.

Read what the school representatives said. They claimed the police report was false.

We care about the well-being of our students,” representative Sara Brady said in the statement. “The officer’s statements are inaccurate. We did not ask for either student to be arrested neither did we want to pursue criminal charges.”
Then why did they call the police? Something strange going on here.

It won't let me read it in my country. Would you mind doing a cut and paste please?

I posted a lot of the story already and I don't want to rile the mods so I'll post the relevant parts!

The school have joined in the legal action against the police officer.

A family attorney representing the Lucious and Emma Nixon Academy studentreleased the footage Tuesday of the incident, which occurred in September 2019. The footage, shared with NBC affiliate WESH in Orlando, shows officer Dennis Turner tying the 6-year-old’s wrists and closing his squad car door on her as she cries to be set free.

A public relations representative for the Lucious and Emma Nixon Academy said the claims in the report were false.

“We care about the well-being of our students,” representative Sara Brady said in the statement. “The officer’s statements are inaccurate. We did not ask for either student to be arrested neither did we want to pursue criminal charges.”

Turner was working in the Orlando Police Department as a reserve officer, which meant he could be fired before an official investigation concluded. He was fired on Sept. 23, days after stories of his arrests broke.

According to Orlando Police Chief Orlando Rolón, officers are required to get approval from the department prior to arresting children under 12 years old.

Rolón said he was left with “no choice” but to fire Turner after the officer made his arrests without seeking approval.

I posted a lot of the story already and I don't want to rile the mods so I'll post the relevant parts!

The school have joined in the legal action against the police officer.

A family attorney representing the Lucious and Emma Nixon Academy studentreleased the footage Tuesday of the incident, which occurred in September 2019. The footage, shared with NBC affiliate WESH in Orlando, shows officer Dennis Turner tying the 6-year-old’s wrists and closing his squad car door on her as she cries to be set free.

A public relations representative for the Lucious and Emma Nixon Academy said the claims in the report were false.

“We care about the well-being of our students,” representative Sara Brady said in the statement. “The officer’s statements are inaccurate. We did not ask for either student to be arrested neither did we want to pursue criminal charges.”

Turner was working in the Orlando Police Department as a reserve officer, which meant he could be fired before an official investigation concluded. He was fired on Sept. 23, days after stories of his arrests broke.

According to Orlando Police Chief Orlando Rolón, officers are required to get approval from the department prior to arresting children under 12 years old.

Rolón said he was left with “no choice” but to fire Turner after the officer made his arrests without seeking approval.
If the officer didn't follow correct procedure, I haven't got any sympathy for him.

Reactions: Jim
Wait: "The Lucious and Emma Nixon Academy"

What the hell kind of name is that for an elementary school?

"The Juicy and Tina Ramsbottom C of E Primary"

A heavy handed for a 6 year old, even if she had a bit of a meltdown or whatever?

It won't let me read it in my country. Would you mind doing a cut and paste please?

Swifty,

If you instal a VPN, and set the proxy country to USA, you will probably be able to get this and any other content that is locked out of the UK.

Works for me.

Swifty,

If you instal a VPN, and set the proxy country to USA, you will probably be able to get this and any other content that is locked out of the UK.

Works for me.
I'll give that a go, cheers ..

Back