• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Kildare Decade Of Commemorations

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Kildare Decade of Commemorations

5th Irish Military Seminar of Remembrance: 2021 - The World War I Dead of Co. Kildare published by the Co. Kildare Decade of Commemorations Committee. The book will be launched by the Cathaoirleach of Kildare County Council, Cllr. Mark Stafford. This will be followed by a presentation by Ronan McGreevy, journalist and author of Wherever the Firing Line Extends: Ireland and the Western Front, ‘Twas Better to Die: The Irish Times and Gallipoli 1915-2015 and The Mad Guns: Reflections on the Battle of the Somme 1916-2016. This important new publication from the Co. Kildare Decade of Commemorations (compiled and edited by Karel Kiely, James Durney and Mario Corrigan of Kildare Library and Arts Service) lists the 750 men and three women from County Kildare who died in World War I.

BOOK LAUNCH online on Thursday, 17 June at 7.30pm. BOOK NOW - FREE EVENT
https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/launch-...nd-talk-by-ronan-mcgreevy-tickets-15611524389

Film clip from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...tivities/the-great-war/2-make-documentary.htm

https://fb.watch/5Qx3LLivbb/

My late uncle was in The Bloods, based at the Curragh, Co.Kildare and spent some time in the UN peacekeeping Corps in the Congo. These old boys were awarded a UN peacekeeping medal a few years back and I flew over for the award ceremony. Lovely to see these 60 and 70 years finally honoured but shit could they drink. Most of the weekend was a blur and I came back with mild Alcohol poisoning.

Kildare Decade of Commemorations

tg1Sfpa4onsohredr ·

'Irish Servicewomen in the Great War: From Western Front to the Roaring Twenties' - Dr Barbara Walsh in conversation with Margaret Scott.

5th Irish Military Seminar 2021. Supported By:

County Kildare Decade of Commemorations Committee

Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media (under the Decade of Centenaries 2012-23 initiative)

County Kildare Federation of Local History Groups

JuneFest 2021

Pen & Sword Publishers

Irish Military Seminar 2021. Lorcan Collins spoke about ‘Guerrilla Warfare During The War of Independence’ on 19 June 2021 at 12.00pm.

Lorcan is the founder of the renowned 1916 Walking Tour of Dublin. He conceived the 16 Lives series and wrote the first book in the series, a biography of James Connolly. His other books Ireland’s War of Independence 1919-21 - The IRA’s Guerrilla Campaign. Lorcan is also host of the Revolutionary Ireland podcast.

The Truce, 11 July 1921

Pádraig Óg Ó Ruairc gives a detailed account of the days leading up to the Truce, and provides an insight on how it was received by local forces in Kildare. Pádraig examines how the Truce was negotiated, as well as how reports were exaggerated by both sides in the days after it was declared. This lecture seeks to answer some of the more controversial moments surrounding the ceasefire.

Thank you for this Ramon, I am following what you post.

Back