• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Kind Of A Prediction Of The U.S. Attack

A

Anonymous

How about this. Monday Night I had a very potant dream that there was a huge explosion in what I thought was Bristol (Big city). I told the Girlfriend who, knowing me, advised me to take the day off work (i didnt). I went to work as usual Tuesday and around 1pm (when I got back from lunch) on Tuesday I told Ian, a colleague, about my dream. Ian joked that I was just like Richard Burtons character in the Medusa Touch. I Laughed and said OK lets make a plane crash (like Burton's character does in the film).

Look what happened shortly after.

My colleagues (a couple overheard the conversation) especially Ian are really wary of me now. I wish I had kept my gob shut.

Also on Tuesday a Bin Lorry Hit my car leaving a nasty dent and a scratch. :mad:

Bin Lorry - Bin Laden. Its a lot of coincidences adding up to a
Sp:eek: :eek: ky level.

Almost irrelevent

... but on Sunday I visited a local Car Boot Sale, which is held in a Car Auction business car park. I noticed they had several ex-Royal Mail vans ready for auction, which reminded me of my first motor, back in 1968, which was also an ex GPO (as 'twas) van.

I only had it a few months though - it was written off by Bin Laden, er, sorry, a bin van.

I know of at least three different sets of people who all hold themselves responsible for killing mother Theresa because after princess Diana died they had said something like "I don't know what all the fuss is about- its not like Mother Theresa has died."

Tonight's (17th) Lancashire Evening Post carries a story about a local psychic who (apparently) prophesied the WTC disaster on the Kilroy Show 3 months ago. According to the paper: "During her first Kilroy appearance, she told the audience: "In my dream I was at the World Trade Centre wandering the streets – I was in some sort of barricade when the building blew up.
"At the same time this plane went down behind it. In my dream I was not sure if the plane had gone into the building."
She is recording another Kilroy appearance, to be shown in few days time.

Personally, I wonder if those words quoted above were exactly what she said on the show. But we'll see. The story is online at: http://prestononline.co.uk/scripts/editorial2.cgi?cid=1&aid=407165

There is a story about a man who saw things coming and the ability
depressed him so much he killed himself. These days they wangle
another appearance on Kilroy.

Shameful.

I know someone who got a really strong premonition that "life as we know it ends in 17 days" on the 8th of this month. Although it is probably just one of those stupid thoughts one gets that gained weight because of the week's events, they have been known to predict the future accurately in the past, so I'm slightly nervous of next tuesday.

I'm kind of hoping that if I mention it to enough people the Universe's deep seated desire to make me look ridiculous will outweigh any desire it has to fulfil the prediction...

It could be argued that Hollywood had the prediction down a long time before the rest, with the movie 'Independence Day' and its eerily familiar portrayal of the fiery destruction of Manhatten.
Some of you may remember that the movie was 'sold' in a news reportial style that had some people pretty well convinced that aliens had arrived - much like the Orson Welles War of the World radio broadcast of the 1930s. I wonder how much of an effect the movie had as far as paving the way for premonitions about New York in the few years afterward? And even, how far the very outrageousness of the 11 September attack and collapse of the WTC was initially dismissed by a few who could not see it on tv as hype of a similar nature?
Still - onward, to two other movies: Firstly, the terrorist take-over and crashing of aircraft at Washington Dulles Airport in 'Die Hard II?'
And then there's 'Escape from New York' (1981). In the Internet Movie Database, I found the following:

"The year is 1997. Due to huge crime rates, the United States turns its once great city of New York into a maximum security prison where hardcore criminals are put for life. All the bridges leading into the city are mined, a large wall is built along the shoreline and a large police force army is based there to stop or kill any attempted escapees. En route to a conference, the President, on board Air Force One, is forced to eject in a pod when a female terrorist takes over the controls and crashes the plane into a building. A new prisoner, ex-soldier Snake Plissken is offered his freedom if he goes in, frees the President and finds a tape with important information for the conference. Snake agrees but to ensure his co-operation he is injected with a small but powerful explosive that will only be destroyed if his mission is successful. Snake must set out into the decaying city, filled with immoral criminals, and he must succeed - for his own life.
[Summary written by Lee Horton {[email protected]}

Hollywood has been trading in apocalypse for some time and
the modern wave of techno-disaster movies seems to have
begun with Earthquake and The Towering Inferno in the seventies.

But the events of the eleventh stirred another even less real
memory for anyone who was a kid in the sixties: this was like
an episode from Thunderbirds. The puppet show was always
built around the world's biggest buildings or the world's biggest
aircraft having their size turned against them by Evil foreign
saboteurs. Of course blood was never spilt and International
Rescue descended from the heavens to see that the guilty men
were handcuffed within fifty minutes. :(

I say arrest Gerry Anderson, that guy knew something!

Precedents

Not so much a prediction as a precedent this....

I saw one of those 'Worst Airborne Disasters Ever Vol II' type things on ITV last year. It featured the true story of a disgruntled Fed Ex employee - Auburn Calloway - who planned to take control of a Fed Ex jet and crash it into the Federal Express Memphis hub. Fed Ex allows virtually all employees to ride the company jet for free, so no-one suspected anything when he sat in on the flight. 20 mins into the journey Calloway produced a hammer and attacked the three man crew... Even though badly injured (the co-pilot almost died from the attack) they overpowered him and got the plane back on course. This happened in April 1994

This programme was American made, and looked like it would have been widely syndicated - so who knows who might have seen it...

more on this here http://hallevents.com/true_accounts/429.shtml

It's quite disturbing to see how many people want to claim the fame that they feel they deserve from this kind of tragedy, its big, its everywhere, important to everyone, so people want to use it to place themselves in the spotlight.

Does no one see how wrong this kind of behaviour is? I'm mainly commenting on the article of that Killroy woman where theres a picture of a nice blonde girl posing and smiling while the towers are in flames behind her, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT?

Sad but true

I could not agree with your sentiments more.

It is a truely sad spectacle.

About the Kilroy Programme:

(I originally posted this yesterday, but on another thread!)

Kilroy today was on
predicting the future, so I watched (and taped) it all, but there was no
mention of the WTC prediction. In fact the whole program was not up to his
usual lively (and amusing) standards, and most of the participants were
pretty dull. As it's unlikely the beeb will cover the same topic again
tomorrow, I wonder if there was in fact a late change of plan to miss out
the WTC bit, and so some less interesting people were drafted in to fill
the gap. A good one for conspiracy theorists, that...

I didn't watch the Kilroy show - I'm working most days, besides which 20+ years as a full-time housewife has left me with a lifelong loathing for daytime TV (I refuse to watch any of it, with the exception of Tellytubbies - and that only in the company of small children or under the influence of an amusing drug).
Anyway, there hasn't been another peep about this woman in the Lancashire Evening Post, which broke her story and which surely would have published a followup on her TV appearance.
So I think we can all draw the obvious conclusion. I may be wrong, but I think the going rate nowadays for a local newspaper interview+pix is £200.

I find it really awful that people purposefully want to go and see disaster sights. I remember seeing photos in the paper of tourists taking photos of the smouldering remains of the WTC so that they could show their friends. When i saw this all i could think of was how could they stand there taking holiday snaps whilst there were still bodies in the rubble. Makes me wonder whats going through these peoples minds.
On a similar note I was living in Manchester when the IRA blew up the town centre and the very next day there were people who had travelled there especially to take photos of all the damage.
Do these people not have feelings?
I'm always really shocked by this vulture type behaviour.

It might seem a distasteful pastime, but in reality it's a natural human reaction to the idea of personal mortality - not, I hasten to add, the taking of pix - yes, I agree, that could be argued to be a little too ghoulish (depending on the exact circumstances - for instance, photos said to have been taken of the terminally injured Princess Di in the car wreck were - quite rightly - widely condemned; whereas, in other instances, garish pix of casualties of war, or disease, or persecution, can be and are regarded for their historical, educational, even artistic merit).
I'm talking about slowing or rubbernecking on motorways to see the carnage in the other carriageway; or, just as you've mentioned, the need some people feel to visit the scene of a disaster that has a measurable effect on themselves and their outlook - and in this we can include veterans' visits to battlefields, or relatives returning year after year to place flowers at an accident spot where a loved one died.
The last examples are obviously personal cases, motivated by strong personal feeling.
For the majority of us, the WTC/Pentagon, a car wreck, or any of the disasters we hear about worldwide every year, are necessarily impersonal events which cannot possibly hold the same degree of feeling as a personal event. At the same time, I feel, we shouldn't accuse these people of having no feeling. More people, I believe, will visit as an outward show of love, sympathy and respect that out of ghoulish interest.
However, we should also appreciate that in life we tend to believe that disasters of this kind always happen to someone else - that they could never happen to us. When something happens close to home, like the WTC to New Yorkers, or a bombing in central Manchester, or London, or anywhere familiar and generally regarded as 'safe', that illusion is suddenly shattered. People are confronted with the shocking realisation of the fragile and tenuous nature of their own existence - that it really could end at any moment, without warning or preparation - "Like those poor people in there."
We have to accept that one way some find to deal with that, to make it real and make that adjustment (or, in the case of national or world leaders, to gain a proper perspective of the situation) is by that personal visit.

Sadly there is a ghoulish side to human nature. The atrocities of the Roman circus drew huge crowds, as did public executions in this country. There have even been calls for executions in the US to be televised.

Perhaps we're slowly growing out of that frame of mind, but an interest in death is something inbred in all intelligent species. Have you seen those pictures of elephants lovingly caressing the bones of their deceased?

monkey010101 said:
I find it really awful that people purposefully want to go and see disaster sights. I remember seeing photos in the paper of tourists taking photos of the smouldering remains of the WTC so that they could show their friends. When i saw this all i could think of was how could they stand there taking holiday snaps whilst there were still bodies in the rubble. Makes me wonder whats going through these peoples minds.
On a similar note I was living in Manchester when the IRA blew up the town centre and the very next day there were people who had travelled there especially to take photos of all the damage.
Do these people not have feelings?
I'm always really shocked by this vulture type behaviour.
And right after the Lockerbie crash, the AA's route-finding telephone service was flooded with hundreds of calls asking how to get there. The callers could'nt all have been worried friends and relatives, or they'd already know the route.

Thats my point. The people I'm getting at aren't the people there to pay respects or people who are personally effected by a tradegy but the people who see these things as some sort of tourist attraction.

monkey010101 said:
Thats my point. The people I'm getting at aren't the people there to pay respects or people who are personally effected by a tradegy but the people who see these things as some sort of tourist attraction.

OK, I concede the point. In a perverse way, I suppose they are tourist attractions - or at least they become that in time - name any of many famous battlefields (Gettysburg, in the American Civil War, springs to mind as a good example) that have become the focus of a modern day tourist industry. Or numerous castles in the UK that contain as part of their 'rich' history tales of torture and bloody execution, even displaying the agents of misery & death. Even ghostly tales such as those surrounding Gettysburg and Mary King's Close (mediaeval plague street), in Edinburgh, feed off that same legacy - and yet may be encouraged by the local authorities that recognise their power to attract money-carrying tourists to the area.

So, yep, you're right - there's not much hope for us, is there?

Talking About WTC predictions.

Not sure if this is a prediction/premenition but:

it was my 26th Birthday on Saturday 8th September, it was a pretty dull day all in all, but on the Sunday I visited my Brother and his Girlfriend and we had a great roast dinner. After dinner we sat down in the living room and my brother handed me the gift he had bought me, it was a fantastic blue lava lamp which was in a straight tube.

On returning home later that evening, I couldn't wait to get it out of the box and plugged in, so I did.

nothing happened for about 20 mins, then the wax began to melt, i'd nipped to the loo and on returning looked at my new lamp. The wax had risen into a tall peak, when I went over and sat on my bed the peak looked remarkably similar to the statue of liberty. I continued watching it and eventually it melted down towards the base of the lamp. Then the real lava lamp action started. What fun I had watching it.

That wasn't the end of the story though, at the end of the night I switched it off and got ready for bed. I was reading my book, (I am determined to finish the Lord of the Rings before the trailers start for the film! ) after about an hour (and Frodo being trapped by a massive spider) I looked over to my lamp. At the lop was a what looked like a ring of wax, this isn't good I thought, surely it should all be at the bottom since it has cooled. Its bust I thought! Oh-no. So I got out of bed, went over to the lamp and gave it a little wiggle. The wax at the top of the lamp started to decend and as it slowly dropped through the water I noticed that it was only half a circle of wax. When it reached the bottom it landed on it's side....... and looked exactly like a crescent moon. I looked at it for a while then went to sleep, it was still there in the morning. Now I'm not sure if the crescent moon appears on the afganistan flag but the next day I phoned my brother and told him how good the lamp was and described to him what had happened. It wasn't till the tuesday that I thought of it again and the symbolism sprang to mind, but it had'nt happened since. and all i can see are blobs and when it warms up it just looks like a brain on a stem until the stem melt , and then the bubble action occurs(i still love watching it)

Anyway, thats the story, whether you believe me or not does not matter, Thats just the way it is.

About a month before the WTC attack I was watching a program about New York, I remember seeing the twin towers and thinking to myself, "it's a miracle that no ones flown a plane into them". I had a feeling of unease for a few days before the event. Also the night before it happened my friend said that she could smell smoke and had a cloying taste in her mouth. She checked her home and outside and there wasn't a fire.

Back