• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Kirlian Or Aura Photography

When a tree spoke to me through the radio* a few years ago I'd been thinking of it in terms of Kirlian photography; the tree had been cut down, but according to what I'd read in the past, its shape would still be there in a form of energy which you could photograph with the right equipment.

*Yes it did! :chuckle:
If this were the case, how long would the energy image linger? Most of the British Isles was covered with trees at some point, would they not also be visible? Or does the energy dissipate, and over how long?

If this were the case, how long would the energy image linger? Most of the British Isles was covered with trees at some point, would they not also be visible? Or does the energy dissipate, and over how long?
It'd last until the gullible ran out of money. :wink2:

I dunno, it was already a load of contrived old bollocks 40-odd years ago! :chuckle:

When a tree spoke to me through the radio* a few years ago I'd been thinking of it in terms of Kirlian photography; the tree had been cut down, but according to what I'd read in the past, its shape would still be there in a form of energy which you could photograph with the right equipment.

*Yes it did! :chuckle:
I hesitate to ask but….. what?

I don't know what kirilian photography is supposed to represent but it does produce some lovely images. Maybe we should be content with that?

I hesitate to ask but….. what?
I've described this more than once.

Our garden used to have little light because of a huge bay tree next door. We tried negotiating with the neighbours but they weren't helpful.
Eventually the elderly house owner died and the house was sold and done up, including the removal of the hated bay tree, and resold to very nice new owners.

So... one day I was gardening and thinking about how much more light we get these days.
Everything grows like mad, including things I'd planted that hadn't thrived at all.

I thought, 'But the tree isn't gone, it's still there as a stump which is growing new branches, and anyway what about Kirlian photography, where the outline of a felled tree is still there as if it's standing?'

The tree would have been behind me and I turned to face the space where it had stood, imagining how massive it had been.

Just then Jeremy Irons on t'wireless read from Psalm 37: I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.

OK tree, I get it. You're still'ere.

Perhaps ghosts are Kirlian manifestations.
Back in the day, that was the implication: you could produce a Kirlian image of the energy/spirit/essence (pick a term) of whatever you were pointing at.

It was purported to be supernatural. You were looking at the thing's very ghost. :omg:

Back in the day, that was the implication: you could produce a Kirlian image of the energy/spirit/essence (pick a term) of whatever you were pointing at.

It was purported to be supernatural. You were looking at the thing's very ghost. :omg:
I think looking at the ghost of something whilst the very thing is actually there in front of you is slightly rude. A bit like looking up what someone said to you on Facebook while the person in question is sitting next to you on the sofa.

Back