• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Knox County Man Faces Charges After Trying To Resurrect Grandmother

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Knox County man faces charges after trying to resurrect his grandmother
by: Robert Holder
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 / 07:10 PM EDT / Updated: Oct 9, 2020 / 07:37 AM EDT

A Knox County man is in jail after causing nearly $30,000 in damages to a cemetery in an attempt to resurrect his grandmother.

Law enforcement responded on Monday night to reports of vandalism at the church cemetery on Huckleberry Springs Road. Extensive damage including dig sites and broken headstones were found.

Danny Frazier admitted to destroying some of the property in an attempt to “resurrect his grandmother,” who is buried at the cemetery.

Frazier was arrested and charged with vandalism and criminal trespassing.

That's The Full Article! Source:
https://www.wate.com/news/local-new...es-after-trying-to-resurrect-his-grandmother/

The Daily Mail reports:
"Online records indicate Frazier's grandmother was Edna Ruth Frazier who passed away at age 70 in June 2012."

Source:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...randmother-caused-30-000-damage-cemetery.html

One wonders what brought on the acute need to have her back some eight years after she had died.

The dumbass was probably worried about getting caught cashing her Social Security checks, and thought if he could bring her back all would be well. I dunno. We gots lots of ijits here in Murricuh.

The dumbass was probably worried about getting caught cashing her Social Security checks, and thought if he could bring her back all would be well. I dunno. We gots lots of ijits here in Murricuh.

Funny you should mention that:

Gardaí arrest man over alleged €500,000 pension fraud spanning 33 years
Detectives believe suspect collected late father’s pension payments since death in 1987

about 19 hours ago Updated: about 10 hours ago
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...000-pension-fraud-spanning-33-years-1.4377026

I wonder if she would have been happy about it, should he have succeeded?

The dumbass was probably worried about getting caught cashing her Social Security checks

It may be mean to suggest this was the motivation, though it has been, in several cases, in recent years.

Casting our minds back to pre-"Social Security," it is thought that some historical cases of incredible longevity may have been attributable to relatives, who assumed the identity of the deceased. Where leases and tenancies were concerned, Grannie simply could not afford to die!

Where she went, in the interests of her relatives, may be a question for the night-soil man . . . :thought:

Well gee, guess I was wrong.
I was real salty at some of the initial reporting about this-- very "satanic rituals!omg" and nobody could directly quote a reason for why that implication was being made, so it just sounded like one reporter paraphrasing another until it sounded more sensational than it should.

Back