• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Lake Monster Video

Byblow

Fresh Blood
Hello, everyone. New member here.

I stumbled upon a video titled Lake Monster Video that I find extremely interesting. If it has already been discussed here, please accept my apologies for wasting your time.

Unfortunately, the site where I found it (cryptidz.fandom.com) provides no info on when or where it was recorded. If it’s not fake, it’s by far the best sea serpent or lake monster footage I’ve ever seen. What do you folks think?

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/File:Lake_Monster_Video?file=Lake_Monster_Video

Edit: embedded video added:

Last edited:
please accept my apologies for wasting your time.

You are one of us now :D er.... welcome to the place!

I enjoy all these vids to be honest.

So the consensus is that it’s a fake. Bummer. On my first viewing I also thought something like an inner tube was being thrust up from below, but it would be awfully hard to hold it underwater I would think. It reminded me of descriptions re: Ogopogo and Manipogo, of seeing daylight under the coils of the creature’s body.

Also, in the first segment, it looked like it was going too fast to be a diver or swimmer moving against the waves, but I suppose a swimmer could use a diver propulsion vehicle to move faster.

If it is a fake, I think it’s pretty clever with some subtle touches, e.g., only occasionally showing the inner tube and weird protuberance that extends high above the surface.

But a creature that large and so active near the surface would surely be seen more often, especially since a population large enough to prevent inbreeding would be necessary.

... Also, in the first segment, it looked like it was going too fast to be a diver or swimmer moving against the waves, but I suppose a swimmer could use a diver propulsion vehicle to move faster. ...

I don't think it's moving all that fast. The constant in / out zooming with the camera obscures the reference points provided by particular tree branches in the foreground. It appeared to me that the object didn't travel all that far in relation to these foreground reference points.

Another confounding issue is the presence of wind-blown waves moving in the (apparently ... ) opposite direction. Especially when the camera is zoomed in tighter, the waves' motion heightens the impression the object is traveling.

If it’s a fake, at least two people went to a lot of trouble. I don’t understand what motivates people to perpetrate hoaxes — such a waste of time. I would be too chicken to pull a stunt like that; I have never liked swimming in anything other than crystal-clear water so I can see what’s around me. That phobia began after reading my first book about lake monsters as a child.

The thing sticking up in the water looked so fake anyway, and maybe, as one poster said, that it was someone in scuba gear with one of those underwater propeller things. At first it looked like a couple of seals playing

Back