Latest Internet UFO Sightings

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Some interesting ones there. The one from the police helicopter over Brighton is odd. What could that be?

feinman

Abominable Snowman
The last segment of the stabilized footage is pretty good too; that has to be a pretty big object.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Some interesting ones there. The one from the police helicopter over Brighton is odd. What could that be?
That looks like a Chinese Lantern as seen from above. Don't forget to allow for the relative movement of the helicopter and the lantern, which makes the lantern look like it is moving fast when it is in fact nearly stationary.

lantern.png

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Another sighting in that video is trivially easy to identify. This is a vertical solar balloon- I've seen one of these myself, flying off the beach at Perranporth.
View attachment 17837

Used one of these at work once and the string snapped. We all stood and watched it head towards the centre of town. A day or two later in the letters section of the local rag was a letter asking if anyone had seen the black rectangular object flying over Rose Street. The time matched our accidental release. The letter was actually written by a friend and fellow EdFort member. Next time I saw him we spoke and as certain as we could be it was my escape! Never did bother writing to the paper...

hunck

Justified & Ancient
That looks like a Chinese Lantern as seen from above. Don't forget to allow for the relative movement of the helicopter and the lantern, which makes the lantern look like it is moving fast when it is in fact nearly stationary.

View attachment 17836
Yeah maybe - it's possible, although I'd have thought a police helicopter pilot would be sufficiently aware of Chinese Lanterns not to be tempted into chasing one. Maybe you could be fooled at night. But wouldn't it become obvious once you got near it?

What about the Chinese bol which seems to settle on a building then ascend vertically out of frame.. let's at least entertain the possibility that it's genuine & not cgi. That's not a Chinese Lantern.

Bols have been videoed numerous times in various locations. Seems like a genuine phenomenon but as to what..

eburacum

Papo-furado
Yeah maybe - it's possible, although I'd have thought a police helicopter pilot would be sufficiently aware of Chinese Lanterns not to be tempted into chasing one. Maybe you could be fooled at night. But wouldn't it become obvious once you got near it?
Trouble is, the helicopter would probably zip past it too fast to make an accurate identification. Because the lantern is small and relatively nearby, it seems to move very fast against the background scenery - but this is a parallax effect due to the movement of the helicopter, and it seems to be surprisingly difficult to recognise objects in this situation.

The so-called 'GO FAST' video from To The Stars Academy also probably shows a small, slow-moving object apparently moving rapidly against the distant background.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
I think the Nellis footage is probably real, too:
It's certainly one of the more intriguing examples of video footage. It looks genuine but I don't have any technical expertise to really tell. It's a shame it's so blurry - it must be a copy of a copy of a copy. If it's genuine, somewhere there has to be a sharper version.

feinman

Abominable Snowman
The original was apparently smuggled out by civilian contractors and provided to the TV show "Sightings" in the late '80s or early '90s, iirc. There are a number of versions on YouTube; some might be sharper. At one point you can see it morph into a classic hat-shaped Heflin UFO.

Just read the comments here (one person mentions the leaker was arrested):