• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

The last segment of the stabilized footage is pretty good too; that has to be a pretty big object.

Some interesting ones there. The one from the police helicopter over Brighton is odd. What could that be?
That looks like a Chinese Lantern as seen from above. Don't forget to allow for the relative movement of the helicopter and the lantern, which makes the lantern look like it is moving fast when it is in fact nearly stationary.

lantern.png

Another sighting in that video is trivially easy to identify. This is a vertical solar balloon- I've seen one of these myself, flying off the beach at Perranporth.
View attachment 17837

Solar-Airship-299x400.jpg
Used one of these at work once and the string snapped. We all stood and watched it head towards the centre of town. A day or two later in the letters section of the local rag was a letter asking if anyone had seen the black rectangular object flying over Rose Street. The time matched our accidental release. The letter was actually written by a friend and fellow EdFort member. Next time I saw him we spoke and as certain as we could be it was my escape! Never did bother writing to the paper...

That looks like a Chinese Lantern as seen from above. Don't forget to allow for the relative movement of the helicopter and the lantern, which makes the lantern look like it is moving fast when it is in fact nearly stationary.

View attachment 17836

Yeah maybe - it's possible, although I'd have thought a police helicopter pilot would be sufficiently aware of Chinese Lanterns not to be tempted into chasing one. Maybe you could be fooled at night. But wouldn't it become obvious once you got near it?

What about the Chinese bol which seems to settle on a building then ascend vertically out of frame.. let's at least entertain the possibility that it's genuine & not cgi. That's not a Chinese Lantern.

Bols have been videoed numerous times in various locations. Seems like a genuine phenomenon but as to what..

Yeah maybe - it's possible, although I'd have thought a police helicopter pilot would be sufficiently aware of Chinese Lanterns not to be tempted into chasing one. Maybe you could be fooled at night. But wouldn't it become obvious once you got near it?
Trouble is, the helicopter would probably zip past it too fast to make an accurate identification. Because the lantern is small and relatively nearby, it seems to move very fast against the background scenery - but this is a parallax effect due to the movement of the helicopter, and it seems to be surprisingly difficult to recognise objects in this situation.

The so-called 'GO FAST' video from To The Stars Academy also probably shows a small, slow-moving object apparently moving rapidly against the distant background.

I think the Nellis footage is probably real, too:

It's certainly one of the more intriguing examples of video footage. It looks genuine but I don't have any technical expertise to really tell. It's a shame it's so blurry - it must be a copy of a copy of a copy. If it's genuine, somewhere there has to be a sharper version.

The original was apparently smuggled out by civilian contractors and provided to the TV show "Sightings" in the late '80s or early '90s, iirc. There are a number of versions on YouTube; some might be sharper. At one point you can see it morph into a classic hat-shaped Heflin UFO.

Just read the comments here (one person mentions the leaker was arrested):

A couple of UFOs filmed over Grand Canyon by a pilot.

here are a few clips for your enjoyment 1st one is recent other 2 are a little older but i havnt seen them.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Gutted. They all state the video is not available! Thanks for trying to share though.

On the same theme of navy pilots and reported UFO encounters, this one is just plain weird!

Gotcha...! Been searching for this video all day...

Pilots reportedly encounter a UFO... it's manoeuvres are disturbing.

Sighting backed up by ground radar...

This is actually quite some UFO account, with considerable supporting evidence from the cited, recorded dialogue.

As always, make of it what you will...

It's a gripping tale!

On the same theme of navy pilots and reported UFO encounters, this one is just plain weird!

Metabunk explained this one months ago, and even identified the aircraft involved. The useful fact that the dtailed flightpaths of all airliners are recorded and logged in a database nowadays allowed them to look back and see exactly which plane was in the frame for this one. I expect every encounter could be explained in this way (or in other, related ways), given enough data.

Last edited:
Gotcha...! Been searching for this video all day...

Pilots reportedly encounter a UFO... it's manoeuvres are disturbing.

Lots of unsatisfactory aspects to this case. The pilot has seen UFOs before, which always makes you wonder if he is just a 'serial reporter' who thinks anything in the sky he can't immediately explain is an extraterrestrial. The other two flight crew apparently did not see the same things as he did, possibly because they were sitting on the wrong side of the plane, or maybe they were just more level-headed.

And the final aspect of the sighting was a huge, black craft as big as an aircraft carrier, that his crew could not see. The thing about this is, well,
... the thing about space, the colour of space, your basic space colour, is black. and the basic colour of this massive object, the main distinguishing feature, that was black too. Basically Captain Terauchi was looking at a black spaceship against a black sky, that no-one else could see, despite the fact that 2 other aircraft had been diverted to take a look.

The radar returns have been adequately explained too, but of course no-one in the UFO camp believes that.

Lots of unsatisfactory aspects to this case...

[...]
Terrific summary - if nothing else, just illustrates how a documented UFO encounter, of some serious magnitude, might occur with no actual substance behind it.

Open minded on this one - typically, we'll never know for sure!

Strange lights off the Outer Banks spark UFO debate: Was it aliens or the military?

BY MARK PRICE

A fleet of lights recorded off North Carolina’s Outer Banks has ignited a debate about whether they are honest-to-goodness UFOs or just part of a mysterious military exercise.
William Guy posted a 31-second video Sept. 28 on YouTube, showing what appears to be 14 glowing orbs over the water. He refers to it as a “[COLOR=var(--lc)]real UFO sighting[/COLOR].”
“Anybody tell me what that is?” Guy says in the video. “We’re in the middle of the ocean, on a ferry, nothing around. Look. Nothing around. No land, no nothing.”

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article235790617.html

Strange lights off the Outer Banks spark UFO debate: Was it aliens or the military?

BY MARK PRICE

A fleet of lights recorded off North Carolina’s Outer Banks has ignited a debate about whether they are honest-to-goodness UFOs or just part of a mysterious military exercise.
William Guy posted a 31-second video Sept. 28 on YouTube, showing what appears to be 14 glowing orbs over the water. He refers to it as a “[COLOR=var(--lc)]real UFO sighting[/COLOR].”
“Anybody tell me what that is?” Guy says in the video. “We’re in the middle of the ocean, on a ferry, nothing around. Look. Nothing around. No land, no nothing.”

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article235790617.html

I sent the link to a friend who lives in Jacksonville, not too far from that area. He reckons it's flares. There is a lot of military hardware flying about that area; helicopters, jets, transport aircraft all sorts of stuff.

Snake-like UFO seen over Florida ‘is hybrid air, land and sea craft run by USAF’
EXCLUSIVE: A professor has claimed the mystery object seen above Orlando is part of a "covert fleet" being created for the Space Force

A cigar-shaped UFO similar to numerous mysterious objects seen in the US in recent months has been spotted above Orlando – and a professor thinks he knows what it is.

Daily Star Online has revealed several baffling clips of the UFOs – which have also been described as snake-like – popping up in all parts of the country since June.

The first sighting was recorded over the Mojave Desert, before similar objects were seen in Wyoming , New York and Washington.

This site previously revealed how the US government could be silently monitoring them.

But now, an expert in the field has offered a new suggestion of what they could be after posting new footage of a sighting.

The clip shows a glowing elongated object slowly move across the overcast sky in Orlando, Florida.

After several moments it disappears behind the treeline.

Dr Michael Salla – who posted the clip to YouTube last month – says in the clip: “It is very clearly a cigar-shaped craft.

“There are no wings, no tails so it is a cigar-shaped craft, a UFO.”

He was sent the footage by an unnamed source, who has been releasing UFO videos in the area since 2008.

Dr Salla – an Assistant Professor in the School of International Service at American University, Washington DC – told this site he believes the craft is linked to the military's Space Force.

“I believe it is a hybrid air, sea, space vehicle developed by a major US corporation for a USAF-run secret space program,” he explained.

“There is a military connection since the photographer, JP, says he has been encouraged to take photos of other UFOs which are part of a USAF secret space program, some of which he has been aboard.

“I believe the illuminated craft in the video is part of a covert fleet of electromagnetically propelled spacecraft that have been secretly developed by the USAF that will be unveiled as part of the soon to be created US Space Force.”

The 61-year-old – who also runs conspiracy website exopolitics.org – went on to say the purpose of such craft was to both "establish a strategic military advantage over other nations" and "protect Earth from alien attacks".

"Elected Government representatives know very little about these secret space programs developed by their respective militaries and other major world powers," he continued.

"In the US only a few very senior members of Congress are briefed, and even the President is kept out of the loop of many of these programs."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/snake-like-ufo-seen-over-20545094

Huge cigar-shaped object ‘with spheres circling it’ seen hovering over Baltimore
The witness claimed to see several of the cylinder-shaped objects in the skies over several hours

A strange "craft" shaped like a cylinder and with "spheres circling it" has apparently been caught on camera hovering in the skies above Baltimore, Maryland.

The footage begins with the cameraman exclaiming he is filming a "UFO over Baltimore" which is "huge".

At first, it seems the black object is circular but as it begins to move past the screen, its true shape becomes apparent.

According to the witness, a "white sphere" was going around the crane at the same time, but that isn't shown in the video.

He also said there were "several cylinder objects" in the sky before he started recording.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/huge-cigar-shaped-object-with-20576445

Well we don't see any spheres circling the object in the video & it doesn't move very far. Inflatable of some sort would be my guess.

Back