Latest Internet UFO Sightings

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
If Voorhis saw 'things moving erratically' through 'heavily magnified binoculars' they were probably birds. That's an old and recurrent phenomenon - someone gets a strange radar return, takes a look in the general direction and sees something barely visible there, and thinks it is confirmation. It really isn't.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
The Fravor event is consistent with a balloon, perhaps released from San Clemente island, observed at Fravor at half the distance he thought it was. He circled around it, and became subject to a parallax event that seems reasonably similar to the parallax event in the clip known as GOFAST. Note that the GOFAST clip is pretty well conclusively explained now, as either a balloon or a large bird, obseved from a moving plane - or, to be completely open-minded, a small spaceship about the size of an albatross.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
The trouble is, military investigations aren't always as rigorous as they might be.

1/The Mexican airforce investigated the Campeche footage, and were unable to explain it, but James C Smith, an independent investigator, discovered they were oil rig flares.
2/ The Chilean navy investigated the San Antonio helicopter footage, and were unable to explain it, but Mick West at Metabunk found out exactly what it was (a water dump from a civilisan airliner) and even found the responsible airline. That idiot Leslie Kean, who had previously touted this as evidence of official investigations proving the existence of unidentified craft, sooon changed her tune (but still refused to credit West).
3/ Mick West and his Metabunk collaborators have examined the GOFAST clip, and shown that the object in it is much smaller than Elizondo and his supposedly competent investigators had realised, bringing it into the size range of a small balloon or a large bird.
4/ Similarly they've examined the GIMBAL clip and found that the apparent rotation of the object and movement against the cloud background are artifacts of the internal rotation of the FLIR system, something that Elizondo and his supposedly competent investigators had failed to realise.

The fact of the matter is, these independent investigators seem to be doing much better than the military ones, so I think it would be a very good idea to open these investigations to independent investigators of this kind. During the investigation into the Challenger Shuttle explosion, it took and independent investigator (Richard Feynman) to cut through all the obfuscation and track-covering that went on at that time, and he found the cause in due course. I am certain that these observations have mundane causes (probably a series of unrelated causes that get linked together by no more than temporal proximity) and that a truly independent investigation could find them.

Last edited:

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
Note as well we still don't have any details about the provenance of the GOFAST or GIMBAL clips. The very fact that the GIMBAL clip is given that label seems significant to me, since the gimbal system on the FLIR was responsible for many of the strange phenomena observable in the clip. Did someone call it that because it was a good example of rotational flaring?

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
Here's a source that suggests Navy balloons may have been involved in some aspects of the sighting'
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/po...day-nimitz-tictac-ufos-radar-encounter.11273/
Kevin Day (a radar operator) said "the only thing I could think that it could possibly be were balloons ".
nearby San Clemente Island is a base for exercises including Stinger missiles and target balloons.

Why didn't the internal investigation reveal this? I think that the initial investigation wasn't particularly thorough, and the later investigation by TTSA was incompetent.

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Any further snarky comments like this will draw formal warnings. Cease the juvenile mockery ...
Probably sound advice for both sides of the factual, or non factual comments I'm thinking?:yellowc:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Has this been posted before? I think it's some natural (weather) phenomenon but I find it fascinating
I don't recall this photo being posted before.

The first thing I'd like to know is whether the photo was taken through a window. Some aspects of the color and contrast make me think the pic could have been snapped through tinted or polarized glass.

There are no hills or elevated terrain features visible from the Villa Bar & Grill location looking southward.

I've seen remarkably distinct and sky-spanning leading and trailing edges of thunderstorms in that very region (mid-Minnesota), where the flat terrain allows fronts to slide quite discretely across the landscape. This dark band resembles such storm edges, but I can't say I've ever seen one quite so linear / straight as the dark band in the photo.

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score

The first thing I'd like to know is whether the photo was taken through a window. Some aspects of the color and contrast make me think the pic could have been snapped through tinted or polarized glass.

There are no hills or elevated terrain features visible from the Villa Bar & Grill location looking southward.

I've seen remarkably distinct and sky-spanning leading and trailing edges of thunderstorms in that very region (mid-Minnesota), where the flat terrain allows fronts to slide quite discretely across the landscape. This dark band resembles such storm edges, but I can't say I've ever seen one quite so linear / straight as the dark band in the photo.
Found this similar image/effect, on Google Street View...

Annotation 2020-07-09 150535.jpg

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score

Probably photographed from inside the cafè.

Is it possible it's a fata morgana of a hill and a lake "hiding" behind the local fog?

Last edited:

ginoide

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score

It was actually taken through a window, or so the poster says. Tinted or polarized, I have no idea.
Lots of people who responded to the post confirmed that there are no hills nearby.
I agree it's either an exceptionally clear and straight thunderstorm in the distance, as you suggest, or a fata morgana, as @Vardoger says. I find it stunning anyway.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible it's a fata morgana of a hill and a lake "hiding" behind the local fog?
It appears to be too close (i.e., not as distant as the horizon) and too high in the sky to be a fata morgana.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
The cloud appears dark, so it must be in shadow. That implies there is another cloud above it, between it and the Sun. I think I can see that, right at the top of the photo. Note that the dark cloud stretches right across the image, behind the foreground clouds. So it's not a reflection.

An unusual image, but unlikely to be a gigantic star destroyer floating above Minnesota with no-one else noticing.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if this may have been a 'shelf cloud', a species of Arcus cloud that is associated with thunderstorms. Fairly sure they get thunderstorms in Minnesota. ...
Same here ... That's precisely the sort of dramatic cloud-edge structure I alluded to earlier, which I've personally witnessed in mid-Minnesota.

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
I've seen them very rarely in the UK, generally associated with severe weather events. Never seen a 'roll cloud', which is the other kind of arcus, sometimes seen in Australia where the gliders use them for skysurfing.

Sabresonic

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
The cloud appears dark, so it must be in shadow. That implies there is another cloud above it, between it and the Sun. I think I can see that, right at the top of the photo. Note that the dark cloud stretches right across the image, behind the foreground clouds. So it's not a reflection.

An unusual image, but unlikely to be a gigantic star destroyer floating above Minnesota with no-one else noticing.
Why is there a person in black standing in the middle of the road ?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Why is there a person in black standing in the middle of the road ?
It's a dead leaf on the long stalk of the plant near the foreground.

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score

As an experiment - if you take away the valley cloud, this is what is left - it's seems more like a bank of cloud then?
Cafe Image.jpg

michael59

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This object was travelling at some speed.. This is the statement that was given by Darren Ellis: "Between 6-7am in Tennessee . My uncle has been photographing/videoing the humming birds that have been feeding at his house for a little while. He saw nothing out of the ordinary until he put the video in slow motion. Consider how fast a humming bird beats/flaps its wings per second...look at the horizon below the bird. At the time of shooting the video, he saw nothing and he and my aunt never heard a sound other than nature. The video starts at normal speed and then goes to slow motion. Pretty cool and something moving in a pretty straight line at a crazy rate of speed that certainly does not seem like a bug." Darren when on to add " In real time they never saw or heard anything, but that’s too perfect of a straight line for that to be a bug, and consider the speed of a hummingbirds wings (approx 53 beats per second) that thing is fast" Thanks to Darren Ellis And his Uncle for allowing me the use of this footage and to view the original https://www.facebook.com/darren.ellis...

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
Assuming it's not just a fake, it could be a bird of some sort. There's nothing to give it scale.

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Assuming it's not just a fake, it could be a bird of some sort. There's nothing to give it scale.
After reviewing the footage in this video 'eburacum,' the object reaches the end of it's movement to the right, then changes it's direction towards the left.

Capturing it (in slowed down motion) at the 'end' of it's travel, the image (image 1 below), the object tilts towards the left - then begins to travel left (image 2 below).

*Image 1: Object is in level flight at the end of it's flight to the right.

Screenshot 1.jpg

*Image 2: The object then makes a tilt before it alters it's direction, then moves to the left.
Screenshot.jpg

This makes me think that (if this is not a UFO ~ 'as such') it could well be a large, but very blurred out Helicopter?

Last edited:

eburacum

Papo-furado
Reaction score
I think it travels too fast to be a helicopter. A bird is more likely. Smaller, and closer. A small drone is also a possibility.

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
here are a few clips for your enjoyment 1st one is recent other 2 are a little older but i havnt seen them.

liveleak.com/view?i=ab8_1180291660

liveleak.com/view?i=017_1176567779

liveleak.com/view?i=719_1176051418

Links are all dead. No archived version of the media content could be found.
The link is still current - I've just opened it and it's fine.