• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

jimv1 said:
This may be a wild stab in the dark, but how about this being a helium balloon?

That would explain the voices.

Timble2 said:
.....or bug walking across the telescope lens (or mirror)?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9059578202

Absolutely not!

An insect on the lens or mirror will merely reduce the amount of light forming the final image - it will not itself be focussed at all.

And a reflecting telescope has a secondary mirror positioned up to many metres in front of the primary mirror, but this secondary mirror never appears in any images. This is just basic optics....

So the things seen apparently on the moon were certainly a long way from the telescope, whatever they were...

ufology is going very quick down the pan with youtube footage.all the footage you can see is laughable.
just ask yourself when looking at the footage,do these craft contain aliens,NO !.
only 1 piece of footage stands out to date re: craft ?,that is the sts transmissions of the broken tether.but even then they don't look like craft,more so like swarms of jellyfish that are living and surviving in the outer atmosphere of space,just like the vast mystery sea life that exists at tremendous depths in our very dark oceans

rynner said:
Timble2 said:
.....or bug walking across the telescope lens (or mirror)?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9059578202

Absolutely not!

An insect on the lens or mirror will merely reduce the amount of light forming the final image - it will not itself be focussed at all.

And a reflecting telescope has a secondary mirror positioned up to many metres in front of the primary mirror, but this secondary mirror never appears in any images. This is just basic optics....

So the things seen apparently on the moon were certainly a long way from the telescope, whatever they were...

I've been trying to make out the writing on the video, it looks as if the instrument used is a Celestron C8, or something similar, which means it's an amateur device and the distance between the mirrors is centimetres rather than metres. Don't know if this makes any difference to how visible a small object in or near the telescope would be.

i.m very open minded,but the footage yet again is not the very best,bug,fly,dirt on the lens ,space debris,satellite,even the ISS.it could even be a flying triangle which have been tested in the outer atmosphere of space for the last 30 years by the military.

may i also add,if the telescope was pointing at the object which it does like look,whether real or not.the object would be huge as it moves above the surface.yet one question.why is there no shadow moving across the surface also ??

Video is no longer available. That didn't stay there long did it?

Anyone got a copy of the last video posted?

ufo data or graham hancock site,its on a few to be honest

There's something about this that doesn't feel right to me.
Maybe it's the framing and the fact that the camera is locked on exactly the right position for the 'craft' to enter and then seems to do a predictive tracking of the object.

click onto his username,a very busy boy over the last 3months.yet nothing stands out.
move along here ,nothing to see sir !! everythings been cleaned up.
as i said youtube will never prove anything.

bardo34 said:
it could even be a flying triangle which have been tested in the outer atmosphere of space for the last 30 years by the military.
That's that solved then! ;)

its just a bug on the lens for me.case solved.
next !!!!

bardo34 said:
its just a bug on the lens for me.case solved.
next !!!!

Arrgghh!! I hate obnoxious, arrogant posts like this.

I come here instead of Above Top Secret for a reason!

Telescopes, by their nature, are designed to focus on distant objects. A bug on the lens will not be focussed; a bug further away would be very blurred and small; further away, it would be even smaller and invisible.

The sharp nature of the object(s) shown, and the steady movement, suggests this is something far away. My best guess would be earth satellites, caught traversing the moon's face. They could be up to hundreds of miles above the Earth, but thousands of miles below the Moon!

Failing that, I'd say high flying aircraft or balloons.

arrgghh!! obnoxious youtube footage will bring obnoxious posts.yet more alien craft flying over our heads.laughable.the subject is spiritual.always has and always will be.

bardo34 said:
arrgghh!! obnoxious youtube footage will bring obnoxious posts.yet more alien craft flying over our heads.laughable.the subject is spiritual.always has and always will be.

??? Who's being obnoxious now?! It's all open for discussion no? Everyones viewpoint is valid untill proven. I fail to see what spiritulism has to do with UFO's beyond, peoples personal belief.

So it's obvious its not a bug, it's movement is far to smooth for a bug. The Satellite idea is more on the money. It is not high enough or close enough to the moon to be lit by the sun, like the moon is, or cast a shadow. So it must be something in our upper atmosephere, it has one clear trajectory, even when it moves off the moon, it gets lost in the black of space, it is still not being lit by the sun, so it is closer to earth.

Frobush said:
That FX guy who made those Haiti UFOs is at it again...

Naughty Grannies

Nice to see the YouTube comments are up to their usual standard. But seriously, where do you buy one of those?

gncxx said:
Frobush said:
That FX guy who made those Haiti UFOs is at it again...

Naughty Grannies

Nice to see the YouTube comments are up to their usual standard. But seriously, where do you buy one of those?

Oh! I didn't even realise Frobush had posted a link! Just thought he was stating a certain preference of his! :shock:

;)

For want of a better thread for this one ...

This Japanese skywatcher is using a high quality astronomical camera and he captures a lot of interesting stuff. I'm pretty jealous of his videos, wish I had the time and equipment:

http://sonotaco.com/sample/etc/index.html

Highly recommended serious stuff!

I've watched shed loads of satellites going across the sky with my binoculars and that was the first thing that sprang to mind when watching that thing go across the moon. Note for Rynner, telescopes are simply designed to gather light and focus it at a point near the eye piece, all the ' magnification ' is done by the eyepiece or camera attached to the holder. Note for Timble, you wouldn't see a bug crawl across an image of an amateur telescope regardless of design, it may however slightly warp the image of a star say but nothing more. Sorry to be a pedant all :roll:

mothman8 said:
Note for Rynner, telescopes are simply designed to gather light and focus it at a point near the eye piece, all the ' magnification ' is done by the eyepiece or camera attached to the holder.
Having been interested in astronomy since before the age of 8, and having made my first telescope before you were born, I did know that...! :roll:

mothman8 said:
ROFL Rynner, by the way when did you make your first telescope?
c. 1960

I like the way you forgot to put the ' sorry to be a pedant all ' bit.
Ah, sorry, I forgot to say I used to be a physics teacher as well... :D

The thread is explicit in saying its for the latest UFO sightings. If its related to a something else can you put it under a new post please?

Handbags at dawn!!

It's still more relevant than most of the bloody hijack posts in here recently!!!

Back