• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

tony_carson said:
Handbags at dawn!!
Well, despite it involving several hours viewing, some of us sad cases did watch most of those videos, latest or not.

The Google one isn't really worth the effort - scratchy sound and jumpy videos. (But might be worth noting names and cases for further research.)

The YouTube one is technically better, but is a almost teaser for more stuff that we don't seem to have got yet. It seems to have fizzled out, but I hope not.

It's ok rynner, tell us more about your days on the sea.

Arrr!

tony_carson said:
It's ok rynner, tell us more about your days on the sea.
Ooh look, a wave, another wave, there's a wave, look, a wave, another wave, there's a wave, a wave, another wave, there's a wave, look, a wave, another wave, there's a wave...etc

[with apologies to certain TV progs...] :D

wowsah156 said:
Heres a November 07 sighting from Iran:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U5Xyj09E1w
Well, that may be the latest sighting of a video on the internet, but I doubt it! ;)

Almost impossible to comment without more info, but I won't let that stop me.... 8)

Seems to be a video of a bright light/star at night, taken by a hand-held videcam. On trying to zoom in, the focussing prog gets confused, and forms an orb-like image. I suspect the bar across the 'orb' is some sort of camera artefact, as it seems to remain perfectly 'level' however much the camera moves.

I think I shall file this one under "Don't waste my time", unless any further info comes forth. :D

wowsah156 said:
Not too sure about this one. If we go by the editing it mkaes it look like the UFO was there all day. Undecided.

Do you get balloons that shape? Might explain why it's relatively stationary.

wowsah156 said:
Heres one from France taken in April this year:

http://www.youtube.com/user/coursange

Not too sure about this one. If we go by the editing it mkaes it look like the UFO was there all day. Undecided.

What gets me is why they don't show the whole footage. If you're filming the UFO, you are going to want to film the whole thing until it is gone. Unless of course, you run out of film/disc space.

And something that stays in the sky for that long is going to attract alot of attention, but we have only heard of this video. So I'm erring towards the skeptical for this one.

HopoUK said:
What gets me is why they don't show the whole footage. If you're filming the UFO, you are going to want to film the whole thing until it is gone. Unless of course, you run out of film/disc space.

And something that stays in the sky for that long is going to attract alot of attention, but we have only heard of this video. So I'm erring towards the skeptical for this one.

And if someone on the Internet working on their PC can conjure up a convincing Zargon mothership then a black oval should be a piece of cake.

Erm... light fitings in a sky-decorated ceiling? The rain, thunder and lightning are definitely fake!

wowsah156 said:
Heres one from Australia. In the words of the cameraman... it looks like a giant nipple!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOPrj6d1Y84
Oh no! Not another videocam artefact.

Probably of the planet Venus, judging by the only shots that show any context... If we had a date/time and location for the video we could put that theory to the test.

(OMG! I think I'm mutating into James Randi... :shock: )

Very similar looking ufo to one spotted at Bonnybridge.
...which was probably taken on a similar videocam.... :roll:

O what a beautiful video of the planet Venus, its brightness causing green chromatic aberrations to be visible. O and with only four apeture blades, how old fashioned, and what a quirk of the universe that an airy disk also looks like a mammalian nipple.

wowsah156 said:
People some of your replies/rebuttals are becoming a bit "strange".

Heres one from Glasgow:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CW9Lc8yNZbg

Wow, that's actually quite an impressive bit of footage in my opinion... since it was shot at New Years I was trying to think of a rational explanation but couldn't: they seem, from the video, to be the classic cigar shape and everything. Hmmmmm....

However, wouldn't someone else have seen it, what with everyone in the city being up, and many of them outside, at that time?

ttaarraass said:
wowsah156 said:

Wow, that's actually quite an impressive bit of footage in my opinion... since it was shot at New Years I was trying to think of a rational explanation but couldn't: they seem, from the video, to be the classic cigar shape and everything. Hmmmmm....

However, wouldn't someone else have seen it, what with everyone in the city being up, and many of them outside, at that time?
Big dollop of imagination needed to see a cigar there!

Three lights, slowly changing orientation as they move is the reality.

Given that it's a party night, paper lanterns seem the most obvious explanation.

(The autofocus problems, seen so often before, can be ignored. In fact, this is illustrated again at the end of the clip by the difficulty the camera has in focussing the top of a telegraph pole.)

wowsah156 said:
Heres another one from Glasgow way:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kbe4Ta81pts

There seems to be a "rod" there has the video is slowed down.

Probably just a bird that has been distorted (stretched) by the video footage being slowed down. I can't spot any rods when it goes at normal speed.

rynner said:
Big dollop of imagination needed to see a cigar there!

Three lights, slowly changing orientation as they move is the reality. [...] paper lanterns seem the most obvious explanation.

I wouldn't say so - take a look at these images, enhanced, CSI-style, by yours truly:

glasgow.jpg

Paper lanterns require the body of the lantern to be above the light source, while these have the light on the end (hence 'cigars') - don't get me wrong, I'm sceptical that it's alien invaders too. But I don't think it's lanterns - yet...

(edit: love the way all these Glasgow UFO videos begin with someone swearing, 'at's pure classy!)

Re Gamma Enhancement: the little dark tails seem to be just a computerised artefact of the electronic image manipulation.

If the tails had more shape, or were aligned in different directions, they'd be more interesting.

Here's an experiment: take your images (before enhancement) and rotate them 90 degrees. Then apply the enhancement. Which way do the tails point now? If they are real, they should now point down (if the rotation was clockwise).

But if you end up with 'horizontal' tails again, then this suggests the 'enhancement' is creating them.

Yeeesss....

glasgow2.jpg

(I can see the 'tails' throughout the video without the enhancement by looking at my LCD monitor from a slightly different angle - they're definitely there.)

:spinning

Back