• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

I'd be more willing to spend time on the vision if the man with the plastic ears wasn't spoiling it by being a twat.
"I don't believe (the aliens) knew our phones would be able to pick up their technology."
"I believe that is how (the CC) was supposably made."
F.O.

That said, I like the screensaver.

That's.. for once it's not a light on the glass, because it's opaque. It still could be something on the glass, just not a reflection, because as it moves over various colors of cloud and landscape, you don't see them through it (not even the darker gray parts of the shape, which would pale out when a reflection had clouds behind it).
Could still be an illusion of scale, of course, or composited in.

^I know little about lightning but I'm betting those are plasma balls generated by the lightning and not any 'ufos'.

Welsh police helicopter records object over the Bristol Channel Sat/ 23rd Sept 2016

Link to the thread from uk/Reddit where I have just seen this.
And a link to the St Athan NPAS twitter account where they are discussing it and show the video.

(note the video is set "hot-to-black" so you are seeing it in negative and the object was hot (yeah Chinese lantern) but noted by pilot as flying directly into the wind (maybe not a lantern then...)

Interesting, and more so as the police are being very open about their puzzlement over the affair.

Mr P

Here's another blurry short vid from 2 years ago but just released which supposedly still has the Chilean authorities baffled.

Filmed from a Chilean Navy helicopter. Lots of jump edits. It appears to emit a stream of something at one point.

Er, is there a link missing? Or am I being dim (which is always possible!)

It looks like a Chinook on fire.

It looks like a Chinook on fire.

Yeah could be. If the story can be believed however, the air authorities would know about a Chinook near an airport. Especially if it was on fire. They are reportedly 'baffled'. According to the story "they know what it wasn't. They just don't know what it was."

You have to wonder what happened after this footage though. Why stop filming at this point? Maybe it all becomes clear it was a Chinook & it's one of those viral bollocks stories..

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that's what it was. I'm just saying that's what it looked like to me. It would make sense for any naval ships or aircraft in the area to monitor another craft in distress and guide it into a controlled landing/ditching. If the footage then gets bandied about, someone sooner or later is going to misinterpret it.

My guess is that it's a jet dumping its fuel prior to landing.

Hmm. There's 10 minutes of video at Arstechnica but about 7 minutes of that is clouds over a flat landscape & a bay & not much else. Intercut is the 'ufo' segment which appears to be over mountains & doesn't last long.

I'm seeing this as 2 videos stitched together. The back story could be just that - a story.

It is two videos stitched together - one in visible light, one in infra-red (that's the part in negative). It seems likely to be a jet, that either dumps fuel or other fluid, or puts its afterburners on for a bit.

But the Chilean authorities are supposed to have looked at that possibility and eliminated it - I am not sure how, but if they are wrong, that doesn't speak well for their investigative ability.

I'm going to plump for the 'poor investigative ability' explanation, I think. This post on another forum seems to explain it very well- it is an 'aerodynamic contrail', which looks very similar in infrared.
https://www.metabunk.org/explained-...mic-contrails-flights-ib6830-and-la330.t8306/

There are likely TWO planes involved IB6830 and LA330. The plane that initially seems to fit best is LA330, a two engined A320, which was reported to be climbing through 20,000 feet at that exact visual position at 14:01:39. It was actually 65 miles away, not 35-50. This explain why it was not seen on radar (the actual plane was on radar, just not where they thought it was)

And now I'm going to have to take back that 'poor investigative ability' jibe. It seems the Chilean Navy did a very good job of identifying this object; they say that it was probably a two-engined airliner.
See this pdf of their conclusions;
http://www.ipaco.fr/ReportChileanNavyCEFAA.pdf
Conclusion
The object observed in the video was most probably a medium-haul twin jet airliner in a landing phase, flying ahead of the helicopter at a higher velocity, with a low height and a low velocity, in view of landing.

The hype about this video from UFO proponents seems to deliberately ignore this conclusion, and is to be honest, utter bollox.

The hype about this video from UFO proponents seems to deliberately ignore this conclusion, and is to be honest, utter bollox.
Yes, I do wish they'd do their homework before bringing out a wild report. The UFO channels on Youtube are mostly clickbait.

UFO hunter demands inquiry into mysterious black object filmed over Bristol Channel (VIDEO)
Published time: 16 Jan, 2017 16:20

A UFO hunter is demanding a “scientific inquiry” into police footage showing a mysterious black object flying over the Bristol Channel.
Gary Heseltine, the editor of UFO Truth magazine, claims the National Police Air Service (NPAS), which filmed the object last September, is purposely withholding information about the UFO.

https://www.rt.com/uk/373859-ufo-bristol-aliens-video/

Yes, I do wish they'd do their homework before bringing out a wild report. The UFO channels on Youtube are mostly clickbait.
Agree. Which ones aren't?
I sometimes check out secureteam10, and there are some gems there from time to time.

Agree. Which ones aren't?
I sometimes check out secureteam10, and there are some gems there from time to time.
Occasionally, yes. However, even Secureteam10 also come out with some wild stuff that can't be believed.

Unless that's just a drone, that's quite impressive ..

I dunno, as we've seen with the Chilean example above, you can't simply accept the back story with these videos.

Why wouldn't it just be a balloon? It appears spherical, doesn't do anything unusual & just floats in the sky..

I dunno, as we've seen with the Chilean example above, you can't simply accept the back story with these videos.

Why wouldn't it just be a balloon? It appears spherical, doesn't do anything unusual & just floats in the sky..
Good point ..

Probably a reflection or lens flare caused by sunlight. The way it fades into vision then fades away again is quite typical of flares. It looks too high above the atmosphere to be an atmospheric phenomenon.

Back