• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Hmm..looks a bit CGI to me. Would a meteor ascend?

I know what you mean about the CGI bit ... The sudden flare seems too regular and never seems to vary, as if it's something overlaid on the image (e.g., a video-editing highlighting).

In principle, a meteor sufficiently distant and coming in at a shallow approach angle (relative to the camera's horizontal line of sight) might display the apparent trajectory we see in this video.

The first thing that occurred to me is that it's an airplane climbing out after takeoff or possibly on approach for a landing.

I believe the nearer / more prominent peak is the Popocatepetl volcano, and the lesser one is Popocatepetl's sibling volcano Iztaccíhuatl. On the other side of those peaks lies Mexico City. From an elevated position south of Puebla's city center a line projected to the 'right' (north) of Popocatepetl would extend to Mexico City's dense center (and its international airport) circa 40(?) miles distant.

My best guess is that it's an aircraft climbing out from Mexico City's airport and heading east / southeast.

There's low altitude atmospheric haze visible at the horizon. I've seen lighted aircraft self-'halo' themselves when flying above an haze layer between it and the observer (think of it as a sort of back-lit glory effect). However, I don't recall ever seeing such a back-projected halo flare so brightly or maintain such a regular appearance.

The more paranormal suggestion would be some sort of earth light emanating from the area around Popocatepetl - possibly relating to the volcano per se or a minor earthquake occurring a few hours earlier that day.

It need not be ascending; it could be simply passing overhead, or even on a shallow grazing angle towards the surface (which would explain the brightening).

Were drones available or affordable in 2009 ? ..

A quick search says they were available for domestic use at least as early as 2006, but they did not take off (heh) in sales until 2015.

Last edited:
Not an internet sighting but I had a minorly interesting night time UFO sighting, in as much as it was flying & I couldn't immediately identify it as an obvious aircraft, on a clear night last week in Oxfordshire. It was flashing sort of glittery white lights about every couple of seconds & I was following it's path but the next time it flashed, it was slightly off the path I expected it to be & appeared to have 'jumped' slightly. That could have been an optical illusion I suppose. I couldn't see any coloured or continuous lights at all. I followed it for about a minute until it disappeared from view. It appeared to be extremely high altitude as it was quite faint & if so, would have been moving fast, & there was no sound audible - wind direction could affect that, or maybe it was too high to hear. Seemed to be closer than & moving too quickly for a satellite & they probably don't flash regularly.

It must surely have been an aircraft of some sort but as I say, it didn't display regular passenger plane lights. Maybe military or Elon Musk testing one of his machines..

Not an internet sighting but I had a minorly interesting night time UFO sighting, in as much as it was flying & I couldn't immediately identify it as an obvious aircraft, on a clear night last week in Oxfordshire. It was flashing sort of glittery white lights about every couple of seconds & I was following it's path but the next time it flashed, it was slightly off the path I expected it to be & appeared to have 'jumped' slightly. That could have been an optical illusion I suppose. I couldn't see any coloured or continuous lights at all. I followed it for about a minute until it disappeared from view. It appeared to be extremely high altitude as it was quite faint & if so, would have been moving fast, & there was no sound audible - wind direction could affect that, or maybe it was too high to hear. Seemed to be closer than & moving too quickly for a satellite & they probably don't flash regularly.

It must surely have been an aircraft of some sort but as I say, it didn't display regular passenger plane lights. Maybe military or Elon Musk testing one of his machines..
Could it have been a drone? Quite recently I've seen a cluster of lights around my area which seemed to zip about. I first thought they might be high up and far off but one night I had the window open and could hear the sound of the motors and more importantly, the voices of the people in the other street who were flying it.

hunck,

Sounds to me like the strobes on a high altitude plane.

INT21

Could it have been a drone? Quite recently I've seen a cluster of lights around my area which seemed to zip about. I first thought they might be high up and far off but one night I had the window open and could hear the sound of the motors and more importantly, the voices of the people in the other street who were flying it.

Could have been a high altitude drone I suppose. I'm 100% certain it wasn't a smaller domestic type.

hunck,

Sounds to me like the strobes on a high altitude plane.

INT21

That's more than likely it. Would they be white light with no coloured lights? and do they switch off the coloured ones at high altitude? It was a really clear night in a very rural spot, no glow of a town on the horizon & consequently a mass of stars visible which is always a real treat for me & something I seldom get to see. There were other aircraft around which were obvious airliners. This one was different. I watched it over half the sky from overhead to where it disappeared. Shortly afterwards I saw a shooting star.

hunk,

..Would they be white light with no coloured lights? and do they switch off the coloured ones at high altitude?..

No, the coloured ones are navigation lights and are for the purpose of letting other pilots know their relationship to the plane at night.

You always pass on the green side. I believe the same applies to shipping.

The reason you can't usually see them is that they are quite dim when compared to the brilliant strobes. You can see them quite easily if the plane is at a lower level.

Also you mentioned the apparent movement. If you watch a satellite passing overhead on a clear night it will be seen to apparently jerk about a bit. This is down to water in the atmosphere distorting the light path. It is, of course, following a true path.

INT21

hunk,

..Would they be white light with no coloured lights? and do they switch off the coloured ones at high altitude?..

No, the coloured ones are navigation lights and are for the purpose of letting other pilots know their relationship to the plane at night. ...

I don't know what the regulations are in the UK, but here in the US the green / red side marker lamps are required equipment only for aircraft operating above a certain altitude.

I don't know what the regulations are in the UK, but here in the US the green / red side marker lamps are required equipment only for aircraft operating above a certain altitude.

International Aviation and sea lighting regulations are the same. Red Right is a rule they pound in and it means steer right, which means you're seeing on-coming traffic if you're seeing a red light on the right and a green on the left. To avoid traffic steer right. This way each side is veering towards their right. This is the same for boats and ships.
https://www.whelen.com/pb/Aviation/System Requirements/Anit-Collision Systems.pdf

However....The USAF likes to fly with all red lights, as I can attest since they like to fly about these parts like they own the joint.

However this video is why I'm at this thread. I grew up in Spokane Washington. I've been on this Airbase. They give airshows every year around the 4th of July. It's had it's share of fatal accidents during airshows.

WWII SB2C Helldiver Mid-Air Collision July 23rd, 1944.
1994 B-52 crash

The UFO's can be seen at the marks. Not much to see really, but certainly not any aircraft.
0:40 and 1:31 marks and in slow mo at 2:40 and 3:14

One insect and one bird. Unidentified in the respect that the species can't be identified.

There's a couple reason's I posted the video. One the local news carried the video, which is significant in itself, and two I know the area, and finally because this base was a nuclear base. I don't think they claim it is any longer.

The UFO's can be seen at the marks. Not much to see really, but certainly not any aircraft.
0:40 and 1:31 marks and in slow mo at 2:40 and 3:14

That's some cheeky commentary from the narrator at about 1.50: "before confirming or debunking that intelligent life made an appearance at the airshow..."

July 13, 2018 over La Porte, IN....about 1 hour by car south east from where I live.
Looks like a blimp to me but yet you can't see any rudders or the bottom cupola. That might be due to thermal heat distortion.

July 13, 2018 over La Porte, IN....about 1 hour by car south east from where I live.
Looks like a blimp to me but yet you can't see any rudders or the bottom cupola. That might be due to thermal heat distortion. ...

Agreed ... The shape, relative speed, etc., all say 'blimp' to me ...

Here's a tangential side note ... That immediate area (La Porte County IN) was the site of one of the late 19th century 'phantom air ship' sightings, in 1897:

In April 1897, a Joseph Eberhardt was coming home from his job in South Bend and got as far as New Carlisle when he saw a ghostly airship “in the shape of a whale.” He told the newspaper, “It swept along at a marvelous rate and soon disappeared.” Either there were a lot of ghostly airships flying around that year, or Mr. Eberhardt joined a sort of “balloon boy” hoax of the time, because similar sightings were reported all across the country. In fact, in 1898 a musical comedy — “The Air Ship” — was produced spoofing the sightings.

SOURCE: http://whatsnewlaporte.com/2009/10/...an-laporte-for-plenty-of-great-ghost-stories/

I was sat outside in the garden a few days ago when a silver toroid appeared from the West. It was maybe five hundred feet in the air. Very bright. Apparently about six foot in diameter. Maybe a foot thick.

And then it tilted about 90 degrees and showed itself to be a large number '3'.

Someone's helium filled balloon making a bid for freedom.

Ah well, maybe next time.

INT21

Looks like a blimp to me but yet you can't see any rudders or the bottom cupola. That might be due to thermal heat distortion.
This has the earmarks of CGI to me. The camera movement is inexplicable. Also, when the object disappeared behind the treeline, wouldn't your first instinct be to shift your position so you could get it back into view? The only thing missing from this is someone in the background shouting, "Holy sh*t!".

One of the latest UFO videos going viral on the internet.

This has the earmarks of CGI to me. The camera movement is inexplicable. Also, when the object disappeared behind the treeline, wouldn't your first instinct be to shift your position so you could get it back into view? The only thing missing from this is someone in the background shouting, "Holy sh*t!".
Nope it's just the Goodyear blimp. They got three of em and there's some other private blimps operating as well.
https://www.goodyearblimp.com/
https://www.goodyearblimp.com/news-and-events/schedule.html

Vardoger,

I don't see anything. Do you have a link ?

INT21.

Back