• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

I'm listening to this now. Interesting.
EXCLUSIVE: The Bob Lazar Interview

This video has some great cases, including a couple from just last year. The China case is interesting. It could be a rocket boosting at regular intervals, although the orange flarey type afterburners look weird, especially in such a rapid sequence of ignitions. More likely a cluster of some advanced drone craft sequencing some powerful light effects. What do you make of it?

It's hard to tell from the picture but there has been more than one case where people have called these "ball lightning" but they are almost certainly reflections of interior vehicle lights. Both are much more plausible than the alien headline the media trots out.

Edit: I was able to see the video. A reliable acquaintance who researchers UFO media opines that this is "a lens flare caused by the car's reversing lights that you can see on the bottom right corner. Indeed the alleged UFO and the reversing lights have synchronized movements compared to the center of the image."

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the picture but there has been more than one case where people have called these "ball lightning" but they are almost certainly reflections of interior vehicle lights. Both are much more plausible than the alien headline the media trots out.

Edit: I was able to see the video. A reliable acquaintance who researchers UFO media opines that this is "a lens flare caused by the car's reversing lights that you can see on the bottom right corner. Indeed the alleged UFO and the reversing lights have synchronized movements compared to the center of the image."

They're always too good to be true aren't they? A sensible & logical explanation.

Tracking UFOs | Triad Man Says He Captured Video of a UFO While Live on Facebook

Aren't the triads usually Chinese people?

I finally caught a UFO outside my back door. I was so excited. My husband was quick to grab the binoculars and see that it was a paper bag with a candle tied to a balloon and it immediately went out. Ye old Chinese Lantern.

I finally caught a UFO outside my back door. I was so excited. My husband was quick to grab the binoculars and see that it was a paper bag with a candle tied to a balloon and it immediately went out. Ye old Chinese Lantern.

I popped out and saw a CGI one - UFOs load of rubbish hey?

Too small to be a flying saucer.

Too small to be a flying saucer.
Some are very small! Those repeatedly travelling up the sides of missiles during tests at White Sands (and on at least one occasion --through the missile exhaust, then up the side and leaving the missile behind as they flew off into space) were only about 20 inches across; same with the disc that flew right at a military jet, stopped abruptly, turned on edge and flipped over his wing and then flew over the jet, in the Historic Articles thread. We should start thinking of these things as "devices" not all are the type we think of when we think of "flying saucers".

Some are very small! Those repeatedly travelling up the sides of missiles during tests at White Sands (and on at least one occasion --through the missile exhaust, then up the side and leaving the missile behind as they flew off into space) were only about 20 inches across; same with the disc that flew right at a military jet, stopped abruptly, turned on edge and flipped over his wing and then flew over the jet, in the Historic Articles thread. We should start thinking of these things as "devices" not all are the type we think of when we think of "flying saucers".
It's possible that they are drones. Alien drones.

God I am happy this stuff is hitting the fan! I never thought I would see the day. :dbana:

Former US defense official: We know UFOs are real - here's why that's concerning

After a bombshell report detailing near-daily interactions with unidentified flying objects by Navy pilots in 2014 and 2015, Christopher Mellon has argued that this information is nothing new, and the government needs to do something about it.

Mellon, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, is involved with a new History Channel series, 'Unidentified,' which will expand on topics discussed in a recent New York Times article. In numerous interviews, Navy pilots revealed that they saw UFOs moving at hypersonic speeds, performing acts “beyond the physical limits of a human crew,” and emitting "no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes."

In a Wednesday morning interview with "Fox & Friends," Mellon, who has written extensively on the topic before, outlined the reasons the Navy is concerned about these sightings.

"We know that UFOs exist. This is no longer an issue," he said. "The issue is why are they here? Where are they coming from and what is the technology behind these devices that we are observing?"

There are indications, Mellon said, that the objects reported by Navy pilots in 2014 and 2015 were doing things that aren't possible in this physical realm.

The speeds being reported (about 5,000 miles per hour, according to Mellon) were only sustainable for about an hour by an aircraft in the air, and these objects would be flying around all day long, the pilots said.

"Pilots observing these craft are absolutely mystified and that comes through clearly in their public statements," Mellon continued.

Fascination turned to fear one day, however, when a Super Hornet pilot said he almost collided with one of the objects — which he described as a sphere encasing a cube. An official report was filed, and the incident shattered the previous theory by Navy pilots that the objects were a part of some sort of extremely classified drone operation.

"These are reactions between intelligently controlled vehicles operating in and around U.S. military facilities, hence the concern," Mellon explained.

"One: there have been near mid-air collisions so there is a safety issue. Two, there is a vital national security issue which is that our sovereignty is being violated by vehicles of unknown origin," he continued.

Although all of this information is old news to Mellon, it's taken America by storm, and he says we're hardly the only country to have interactions with these objects. Having written extensively about UFO sightings before, Mellon said he's frustrated with the lack of action being taken by the government, as are the Navy pilots who experienced the sightings.

He decided that the only way to make progress was to release this information to the public in the form of his new show, and television interviews.

"We are giving military personnel on the front line a voice," he said. "We are helping them get out the message of what it is they are encountering and why they are so concerned about it."

https://www.foxnews.com/science/christopher-mellon-official-ufo-sightings-real?fbclid=IwAR0vzzx7b6nfGLLDQAzD9rRfVLXi_YidLJoSHBVXA8P30BYxTrZ4R7Y76UM

Not an "internet sighting" per-se, but a youtube video recording of a Canadian TV broadcast.

Don't know if folks have seen the Utah footage making the rounds now..

This has got to be, by far, the best alleged UFO/UAP footage that I have ever seen.!Our resident sceptics seem strangely quiet about it. Do they not realise that there's a party balloon here that has been left unburst?

This has got to be, by far, the best alleged UFO/UAP footage that I have ever seen.!Our resident sceptics seem strangely quiet about it. Do they not realise that there's a party balloon here that has been left unburst?

Bird, drone, fake? Lots of explanations before UFOs come into it. I feel flying saucers should be the last thing you use to explain these things, the margin for error is just too great.

Bird, drone, fake? Lots of explanations before UFOs come into it. I feel flying saucers should be the last thing you use to explain these things, the margin for error is just too great.

So how about you tell us what you think it is then? If you have watched both videos you will know that insects and birds have been ruled out - and that it is travelling faster than any drone could. That leaves the possibility of a fake - but nobody seems to be coming forward to explain how and why this was done. (Usually this happens quite quickly).

I do agree, of course that you need to exhaust all of the mundane possibilities before turning to UAPs/UFOs - my point was that this one might, just might, be such a case where doing so would be justified.

I stand to be corrected - but there's radio silence from the usual sceptic suspects so far.

With my sceptical trousers on, the first suspicion these days has to be CGI. It's speculated to be travelling between 9000 - 12000 mph. An 'object' should produce many sonic booms at that speed.

As someone [saying it is CGI] commented on youtube:

it’s the amount of frames inserted that is the red flag. If it’s actually traveling as fast as it is, when it passed the camera, it should have been in much less frames than what was actually captured or inserted.
Which seems a valid point..

With my sceptical trousers on, the first suspicion these days has to be CGI. It's speculated to be travelling between 9000 - 12000 mph. An 'object' should produce many sonic booms at that speed. ...

On a related note ...

If a tangible / physical object of the purported relative size had zoomed past the lightweight drone at the claimed (or at least insinuated) speed, there would have been subsequent footage in which the camera / view shuddered in response to the unavoidable shock wave(s).

Such subsequent footage would have made the video far more compelling as evidence for an anomalous craft.

Sorry- I don't usually read this thread, because it is too full of fakes.
The Utah drone footage has been analysed at Metabunk, and it is probably a bird or bug.
fceabcb9f05ae32c5f252f1f71d2ae24.gif

Last edited:
Another thing to point out ...

The claim of remarkable speed is predicated on the object being only intermittently visible early on. This discontinuous visibility is optimistically explained in terms of the object being obscured by a ridge line a few miles distant. In turn, this claimed distance is the basis for attributing extraordinary speed.

However ...

If you look closely at the image of the object prior to the final frames you'll see clear signs of dark dorsal / ventral surfaces (assuming the dark regions are actual elements of the object as opposed to the pixel-halo often accompanying an inserted image artifact).

Early on the object appears to radically bank to (its) starboard in changing course. At the point this banking is visible the object is already oriented so as to expose its lighter-colored leading / side surfaces to view.

An object with a dark dorsal surface banking to turn toward the camera could seem to disappear by virtue of blending in with the distant background rather than being obscured by another object (the ridge) at a known distance.

Here's a drone passing through a flock of birds. The extremely rapid movement of the birds is caused by the drone's movement, not the speed of the flock.
mavic-pro-drone-near-miss-with-a-flock-of-birds-copy-gif.36206

A small white bug would zip by the camera even faster; the people at Metabunk call these images 'zipbys' and they are fairly common, but not easy to see.

The claim of remarkable speed is predicated on the object being only intermittently visible early on. This discontinuous visibility is optimistically explained in terms of the object being obscured by a ridge line a few miles distant. In turn, this claimed distance is the basis for attributing extraordinary speed.
Strangely enough, this is how Kenneth Arnold claimed to have established the distance to his formation of UAPs way back in 1947. He said that the objects passed behind a ridge, allowing him to determine that they were big, and far away. It is much more likely that he simply lost sight of them for a second or two, because of contrast effects. Just as in this case.

Some interesting ones there. The one from the police helicopter over Brighton is odd. What could that be?

Back