• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

This object was travelling at some speed.. This is the statement that was given by Darren Ellis: "Between 6-7am in Tennessee . My uncle has been photographing/videoing the humming birds that have been feeding at his house for a little while. He saw nothing out of the ordinary until he put the video in slow motion. Consider how fast a humming bird beats/flaps its wings per second...look at the horizon below the bird. At the time of shooting the video, he saw nothing and he and my aunt never heard a sound other than nature. The video starts at normal speed and then goes to slow motion. Pretty cool and something moving in a pretty straight line at a crazy rate of speed that certainly does not seem like a bug." Darren when on to add " In real time they never saw or heard anything, but that’s too perfect of a straight line for that to be a bug, and consider the speed of a hummingbirds wings (approx 53 beats per second) that thing is fast" Thanks to Darren Ellis And his Uncle for allowing me the use of this footage and to view the original https://www.facebook.com/darren.ellis...

Assuming it's not just a fake, it could be a bird of some sort. There's nothing to give it scale.

After reviewing the footage in this video 'eburacum,' the object reaches the end of it's movement to the right, then changes it's direction towards the left.

Capturing it (in slowed down motion) at the 'end' of it's travel, the image (image 1 below), the object tilts towards the left - then begins to travel left (image 2 below).

*Image 1: Object is in level flight at the end of it's flight to the right.

Screenshot 1.jpg

*Image 2: The object then makes a tilt before it alters it's direction, then moves to the left.
Screenshot.jpg

This makes me think that (if this is not a UFO ~ 'as such') it could well be a large, but very blurred out Helicopter?

Last edited:
I think it travels too fast to be a helicopter. A bird is more likely. Smaller, and closer. A small drone is also a possibility.

here are a few clips for your enjoyment 1st one is recent other 2 are a little older but i havnt seen them.

liveleak.com/view?i=ab8_1180291660

liveleak.com/view?i=017_1176567779

liveleak.com/view?i=719_1176051418

Links are all dead. No archived version of the media content could be found.
The link is still current - I've just opened it and it's fine.

I think it travels too fast to be a helicopter. A bird is more likely. Smaller, and closer. A small drone is also a possibility.
Seeing as the object is extremely blurry, doesn't that suggest it's being videoed at a great distance - even though the full video is not what you would call 'sharp.' A bird - or a drone would not be visible at all, I would imagine? Especially as the rest of the video doesn't show any other Seagulls and the like.

Perhaps it’s the same thing that was in that indistinct Loch Ness Monster pic.
1598029446148.png

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. Sometimes, though rarely, strange things happen, and we call them as we see them!” (A Slightly adapted version!) :hide:

I suppose all things are possible in our world; nothing should be ruled out, and nothing should be ruled in ~ unless it can be proven or justified.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still not convinced it isn't just a CG fake, but if it is real, it could be a small gull at approximately the same distance as the pier. The pier is fuzzy, and a bird would be, too.

I wouldn't rule out a flying insect.

The apparent tilting Sid notes is consistent with an object turning (e.g., an aircraft banking). Any such turn involves a 3D frame of reference.

The more general issue is that the apparent direction and speed of the object is seen in 2D, and this affects how one interprets what is actually a 3D scene.

Unless one knows the distance of the object and its path relative to the camera there's little that can be reliably said about either its size or its speed.

Okay, Sid and thank you for doing those still photos. :)

This is why I believe it must be massive in size. I think if it was a helicopter we would be able to see it. Nothing else in this video clip is blurry. You can even distinguish the different colors in the water. For it to be that blurry it must be far away and for it to be that size at that distance, it must be really large. Too large to be a helicopter?

Something close to the camera would be blurry, too - but in any case the rest of the image, while not very blurry, is far from razor sharp. Watching it objectively, the movement says "bird" to me.

I wouldn't rule out a flying insect.

The apparent tilting Sid notes is consistent with an object turning (e.g., an aircraft banking). Any such turn involves a 3D frame of reference.

The more general issue is that the apparent direction and speed of the object is seen in 2D, and this affects how one interprets what is actually a 3D scene.

Unless one knows the distance of the object and its path relative to the camera there's little that can be reliably said about either its size or its speed.
And I totally agree "EnoaGaia,' that's what makes definition on any video so ambiguous.

Okay, Sid and thank you for doing those still photos. :)

This is why I believe it must be massive in size. I think if it was a helicopter we would be able to see it. Nothing else in this video clip is blurry. You can even distinguish the different colors in the water. For it to be that blurry it must be far away and for it to be that size at that distance, it must be really large. Too large to be a helicopter?
Well 'michael59,' your thoughts and perceptions are the exact same as my own on this one!

Not sure this has been posted but the thing I see is in view from bottom left hand corner at 0.58 minutes but no doubt ebruacum have an answer.

Agreed. There is a solitary satellite glint, five Starlink satellites in a row, and the aurora, both green and red. Very nice.

...then a lot of city lights come into view as the ISS travels over inhabited country. This artificial illuminance issuing from the ground is generally known as 'skyglow' or light pollution.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyglow

You can also see the 'airglow', the faint, constant, transparent luminescence visible at the top of the atmosphere. This is a natural phenomenon and can be seen from space very clearly, but is barely visible from the ground.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airglow

Agreed. There is a solitary satellite glint, five Starlink satellites in a row, and the aurora, both green and red. Very nice.

...then a lot of city lights come into view as the ISS travels over inhabited country. This artificial illuminance issuing from the ground is generally known as 'skyglow' or light pollution.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyglow

You can also see the 'airglow', the faint, constant, transparent luminescence visible at the top of the atmosphere. This is a natural phenomenon and can be seen from space very clearly, but is barely visible from the ground.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airglow
'eburacum,' "fascinating." can you tag exactly what these captures are (below) that I managed to catch moving through this very "enlightening" video.

*(1) This capture shows at the end of the video - (is this the view

of the city lights in this capture?):

Y.jpg

*(2) This object seems to be a fixed part of the space station itself:

Part of x.jpg

*In this pass, this object makes a short appearance,
but clearly is not a passing meteorite as it has a rather
odd but discernible shape to it:
(Satellite maybe catching the Sunlight,
then disappearing into the darkness?)

Single Object.jpg

*And there are a further two objects moving
in
tandem from left to right diagonally:
(no Idea what these might be)

Enlargement.jpg

Last edited:
1/ Yes, that's an inhabited section of the Earth. Not every inhabited part of the world has light pollution/skyglow; sadly, North Korea is almost completely dark as seem from space.
2/ Yes. Someone with better knowledge of the ISS could probably tell you what part that is. I'd guess a solar panel or radiator.
3/ There are lots of satellites in that clip - it is a timelapse image, and it is sped up significantly, so we can see a lot of stuff. Apart from the Starlink group, I've no idea what we are looking at, and those two moving in parallel are intriguing.

1/ Yes, that's an inhabited section of the Earth. Not every inhabited part of the world has light pollution/skyglow; sadly, North Korea is almost completely dark as seem from space.
2/ Yes. Someone with better knowledge of the ISS could probably tell you what part that is. I'd guess a solar panel or radiator.
3/ There are lots of satellites in that clip - it is a timelapse image, and it is sped up significantly, so we can see a lot of stuff. Apart from the Starlink group, I've no idea what we are looking at, and those two moving in parallel are intriguing.
Thank you 'eburacum.' "Nice One!" :yeahthat:

NASA video: Mysterious 'space orb following' ISS sends UFO enthusiasts wild

A NASA live camera stream on the International Space Station captured a mysterious sighting, when a bright white orb was spotted racing past the camera in the distance.

iss-1337563.webp

In the footage, the UFO can be seen moving upwards, past the ISS, before suddenly fading away.

The UFO is round and appears to be moving rapidly - approximately 27,000 km per hour according to Scott Waring, from UFO Sightings Daily.

The footage was uploaded by Mr Waring, who said: "The total time was about 40+ min but I sped up the video 4X to save you time.

"Strange that it matches speeds with the ISS. Also, strange there was no audio chat."

Video at link:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1337563/UFO-sighting-NASA-ISS-space-aliens-mystery-latest-news

maximus otter

None of these accounts are 'latest', but I couldn't find anywhere else to park this.
The Russian case I haven't heard before. The Russians shot down a saucer and the surviving aliens blew themselves up in a small nuclear explosion, killing Russian soldiers in the process.

None of these accounts are 'latest', but I couldn't find anywhere else to park this.
The Russian case I haven't heard before. The Russians shot down a saucer and the surviving aliens blew themselves up in a small nuclear explosion, killing Russian soldiers in the process.

Sorry but all those "supposedly" and "allegedly" comments add up to an awful lot of "citations required" in that YouTube video.

Pilot photographs mysterious orange orb in daytime sky over North Carolina mountains

As a 45-year pilot, Charles Cobb had never seen anything like the orange-tinged orb high in the North Carolina mountains sky on a sunny late morning in June.

Orb%20photo%202.JPG

The object was round and irregular, he said, and it would suddenly plummet tens of thousands of feet before soaring right back up, he said.

Cobb, an 88-year-old Korean War combat veteran, spotted the mysterious object while sitting at Silver Creek Airport in Morganton.

Minutes ticked by as the object and its exhaust plume hovered 30,000 feet to 40,000 feet high “toward Table Rock,” Cobb said.

He was referring to the plateaued peak northeast of Asheville.

Cobb said he finally pulled out his iPad and took photos of the flying object and its “opaque” center. It was 11:18 a.m. June 12.

“It was hard to tell the size,” he said, although he distinctly recalled the craft dropping at times to maybe 15,000 feet before shooting back up to at least 30,000 feet.

The object vanished at one point when he happened to look down at his iPad, but it soon reappeared, he said.

“The fact that it could zoom up almost out of sight” made this no ordinary object, he’s convinced.

The craft also was “flying parallel” during the 15 to 20 minutes he watched it, he said, so it couldn’t have been a comet.

This object “always pointed north.”

Definitely not a comet, Bernard Arghiere, board advisor with the Astronomy Club of Asheville, agreed

“There is no reported astronomical object, certainly not a comet, in the sky that would appear that bright on that June 12, 2020, date,” Arghiere said in an email.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article246648773.html

maximus otter

Back