• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

I'm always incredibly suspicious of these sorts of things, especially even more so when it's people getting massively over-excited and shouting and repeating themselves, and going back over footage and photo's, over and over again with different bits of software and clicking on bits of the picture and then having quick frame-grabs put on the film etc etc etc.
And mis-pronouncing 'escape' as 'exscape'.

I'm always incredibly suspicious of these sorts of things, especially even more so when it's people getting massively over-excited and shouting and repeating themselves, and going back over footage and photo's, over and over again with different bits of software and clicking on bits of the picture and then having quick frame-grabs put on the film etc etc etc.
And mis-pronouncing 'escape' as 'exscape'.
Well, being sceptical is well founded where UFO's are concerned, when I look at some of the videos, I play them slow - you never know what you might catch... like this one UFO Sighted Over London, England ( June 26, 2021 )
About half way through it I caught this anomaly, leaving the anomaly (the UFO) at an incredible rate of speed and vanishing into thin air - which I thought was pretty interesting!

Screenshot 2021-07-04 160804.jpg

Well, being sceptical is well founded where UFO's are concerned, when I look at some of the videos, I play them slow - you never know what you might catch... like this one UFO Sighted Over London, England ( June 26, 2021 )
About half way through it I caught this anomaly, leaving the anomaly (the UFO) at an incredible rate of speed and vanishing into thin air - which I thought was pretty interesting!

View attachment 41680
Looks like some kind of slowly turning balloon with a beacon light attached.
The thing arrowed could be a video anomaly as after that one, 2 other bits appear.
The first is there for a moment but the second one, a dot (or pixel I suppose) looks like it comes off the main object and appears to remain
burned on screen like a glitch

I think that photo would be more at home in the 'optical illusions' thread, looks like a ship on a false horizon

View attachment 41703

Arrows pointing to real horizon
Matthew, from Tidmouth, Devon, said: 'I couldn't help but see it.

'My kitchen window gives a great view of the sea so when it came across the horizon.

Tidmouth is a port on the Island of Sodor. Where Thomas The Tank Engine lives.

https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/de...land-of-sodor-where-thomas-the-tank-e-wickham

I think that photo would be more at home in the 'optical illusions' thread, looks like a ship on a false horizon

View attachment 41703

Arrows pointing to real horizon
Not necessarily - could well be a fog, or cloud bank, which is very likely in the evening (as this photo seems to be taken with the light showing in the foreground). Anyway, if that is a false horizon as you suggest, it would have to be a flipping big ship me thinks?

It may just be a refraction in the camera lens from the street light directly underneath it.

It may just be a refraction in the camera lens from the street light directly underneath it.
I don't think that it could be that - as it was my first thought too 'Ringo!'

Mainly because when you look at his other photograph, it plainly shows that he has taken the photograph's from the inside of his flat's window... (through his window - with raindrops, or condensation, showing quite plainly on the window pane), which seems to show right enough that the light (the lowest light in the photo) is a reflection of his own electric light, whereas the anomaly is quite different. See what you think...

P.S. I'm now wondering if the fishermen in that assumed fishing vessel noticed it? (unless it's a lit buoy)

1625565511652.png

Last edited:
My understanding is that Captain Kate McCue was recently being interviewed on a TV chat show (there's a complete video), 'Celebrity Edge' because she was the first female captain of a cruise liner.

During the interview, Captain McCue incidentally mentions the following incident, which someone has extracted as a separate YouTube upload:

CAPTAIN CAPTURES U.F.O. VIDEO ON CRUISE SHIP

@https://youtu.be/frmOlm8njCQ

The tiny dots that surround the ISS are generally ice particles and other debris emitted by the functioning parts of the space station - the attitude jets, mobile arms and airlocks for instance. They are small and close, not large and distant.

index.php

This is either a double reflection of the light directly below it, or a reflection of a light inside the room. If the window is double glazed, the double reflection is likely. It is not in the sky or on the horizon.

OK, this isn't a 'latest' sighting, but I couldn't find anywhere else to park it.
Some people in India describe something they saw in Chandra Taal. They also mention another sighting seen by some Indian scientists.

index.php

This is either a double reflection of the light directly below it, or a reflection of a light inside the room. If the window is double glazed, the double reflection is likely. It is not in the sky or on the horizon.
It is all very well just righting this one off as a 'reflection, or refraction of light from within the flat. However, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever with what the witness has defined as the sudden appearance of the object. Quote:
["great view of the sea so when it came across the horizon"]
[
"UFO hovering - for ten seconds"]
[
"in seconds the suspect object whizzed off into the distance"]
["it quickly zoomed off at some speed and I couldn't see it anymore"]

I don't believe it's the proper way to go about these reports, to just 'write them off' when it doesn't make any sense with the report that the witness has given - unless we choose to just ignore what witnesses state, and distort everything just because it makes it easier for Fortean to explain it away. If that's how we justify things, then what's the point of examining a photo - when their statements of detail and explanation from the witness themselves are just totally ignored?

Last edited:
It is all very well just righting this one off as a 'reflection, or refraction of light from within the flat. However, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever with what the witness has defined as the sudden appearance of the object. Quote:
["great view of the sea so when it came across the horizon"]
["UFO hovering - for ten seconds"]
["in seconds the suspect object whizzed off into the distance"]
["it quickly zoomed off at some speed and I couldn't see it anymore"]

I don't believe it's the proper way to go about these reports, to just 'write them off' when it doesn't make any sense with the report that the witness has given - unless we choose to just ignore what witnesses state, and distort everything just because it makes it easier for Fortean to explain it away. If that's how we justify things, then what's the point of examining a photo - when their statements of detail and explanation from the witness themselves are just totally ignored?
The witness only observed it for ten seconds, and all the appearances and disappearances were described as happening very fast. So the witness may not have had enough time to identify the source of this phenomenon. Quite often a UAP is described as disappearing into the distance when it has really just faded away or ceased to be visible; if an object simply ceases to be visible, it may appear to have 'zoomed off'.

Reflections are particularly tricksy - they may only be visible from one position- as soon as the witness moves, the reflection might appear to 'whizz off' whereas it is only the observer who has moved. If the observer (who is near the glass) moved a few centimetres, the reflection could apparently move a significant distance rapidly across the landscape.

I believe this is the report from the other sighting by some Indian Scientists 'Mythopoeika.'
www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/11/UFO-Sighting-India-News-Pictures.
That link seems broken to me. Here's a better one.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/nor...in-himachal-pradesh-in-2005-120392-2012-11-02

ufo660_110212043112.jpg

ufo-old-660_110212051207.jpg

This really, really looks like a balloon of some sort, perhaps a weather balloon, nearly deflated but still a bit bouyant. The witnesses even used the term 'balloon-like' at one point. The photos don't show any sign of the humanoid 'walking' behaviour some witnesses reported, but it sounds plausible behaviour for a deflating balloon to me.

Well, when I clicked on the website yesterday, I found it quite quickly - now it seems to be missing?
I shall try and find it again. . . cheers.

Works for me but "Not Secure" comes up in address bar along with the url.

Reactions: Sid
Works for me but "Not Secure" comes up in address bar along with the url.
Two of my own websites are labelled Not Secure - it means that they use http:// addresses instead of https:// is all.

EDIT: And on a cheerful note, I decided to change my websites to Secure last night and promptly caused a major coding error rendering one site (and my admin access portal to it) completely unaccessable

Last edited:
Two of my own websites are labelled Not Secure - it means that they use http:// addresses instead of https:// is all.

EDIT: And on a cheerful note, I decided to change my websites to Secure last night and promptly caused a major coding error rendering one site (and my admin access portal to it) completely unaccessable
That sounds like sods law then?

Just came across this interesting set of photos:

This one is classified as 'explained' on the Metabunk forum; it is a series of long-period exposures of an air ambulance.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/explained-homesteadhow-ufo-photos-helicopter.11854/
The row of dots is a strobe light, the continuous strip is formed by the non-blinking lights and searchlights on the helicopter as it moves across the sky.

This image shows a similar helicopter photo from Lille (on the left) showing the effects of a long exposure; the image on the right is from the video in your link.
2021-07-05_16-37-28-jpg.45763

This one is classified as 'explained' on the Metabunk forum; it is a series of long-period exposures of an air ambulance.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/explained-homesteadhow-ufo-photos-helicopter.11854/
The row of dots is a strobe light, the continuous strip is formed by the non-blinking lights and searchlights on the helicopter as it moves across the sky.

This image shows a similar helicopter photo from Lille (on the left) showing the effects of a long exposure; the image on the right is from the video in your link.
2021-07-05_16-37-28-jpg.45763
That's interesting 'eburacum,' the one thing that jumps out at me from viewing the above photos, is that in one picture there is an absence of light beams to the ground, and in the other - light beams, which is what you would expect to see a search light emitting?

I think that both images have 'searchlight' beams visible in long shot.

The Montello UFO:
beam.png

and the Lille helicopter
485px-Lille_helicopter_Img004510.ppm.jpg

Back