• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Maybe could be put under "Things that are not UFOs". ?

Passenger and Military Jets Both Report Seeing a UFO Over Eastern Canada

On the night of July 30, a Canadian military and a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight reported a UFO over the Gulf of Saint Lawrence.

Where-is-Gulf-of-St-Lawrence-on-map-Canada.jpg

Stock image. Gulf of Saint Lawrence tagged

According to an aviation incident report posted on the night of Aug. 11, both flights “reported seeing a bright green flying object” that “flew into a cloud, then disappeared” in a stretch of open water between Quebec and Newfoundland.

The KLM passenger flight (KLM618) was travelling from Boston to Amsterdam while the Canadian military transport aircraft (CFC4003) was flying between CFB Trenton, a base in Ontario, and Cologne, Germany.

Data posted to Twitter by aviation and shipping researcher Steffan Watkins suggests the Canadian flight even changed course and altitude at the time of the sighting, which might actually have occurred on July 31.

A Canadian military spokesperson said Canada’s air force has “no intent or need to investigate this further.”

“In this particular incident, there is nothing to indicate that what the crew saw posed any kind of safety risk to the aircraft,” they added. “We believe that they saw something—they would not have filed a report otherwise.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/93y...-both-report-seeing-a-ufo-over-eastern-canada

maximus otter

I saw a police helicopter once that was shining a searchlight on the ground. It was close enough to see its navigation lights and hear it but if it had been further away and only the spotlight beam had been visible I may have thought it was something else.

So are you thinking that the photographer who took the picture he ‘claims’ is the moon with a decent camera is lying as it’s really a ufo that later shot off at speed? The light on the boat or buoy at sea to the right is in both shots.

So are you thinking that the photographer who took the picture he ‘claims’ is the moon with a decent camera is lying as it’s really a ufo that later shot off at speed? The light on the boat or buoy at sea to the right is in both shots.
Personally speaking 'Analogue Boy,' I'm taking him at his word until anything proves otherwise!

How about this video showing the object ‘whizzing off into the distance’?

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/supermoon-over-teignmouth-put-bed-5616532
Well, obviously - this illustrates that the object IS the Moon rising. And it obviously illustrates that in this video clip that it did not go whizzing off into the distance, it also illustrates that it is NOT a background window reflection, so it certainly raises the question "was he just adding a few naughty porkies because he thought it might be something that he could put-up in an internet clip?
Will he own-up and admit his erroneous comments ~ who knows? I doubt it 'Analogue Boy.'

So not a UFO then but an ILO..............an Identified Lunar Object.
Maybe it should be moved to the 'things that are not UFOs' thread.

Reactions: Sid
So not a UFO then but an ILO..............an Identified Lunar Object.
Maybe it should be moved to the 'things that are not UFOs' thread.
Or maybe - the Debunked thread? Agreed!
Exception: Of course he could be telling the absolute truth about what he saw and snapped, he is a mature student according to reporting, and allowance's have to be made (no pun intended!)

Last edited:
It is a mirage of an oil drilling platform.

I was about to dismiss your comment as its a long way from any oil platforms, which are up in the north and off the coast of Scotland.

However, then I remembered Falmouth dockyard in Cornwall does service various drilling platforms and they do have to get from their place of operations to Falmouth which is further down this coast (to the right as you look at it).

Here's one from 2012 in Falmouth:

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/9578101.oil-rig-appears-in-falmouth-bay/

So maybe...? Personally, I think its the moon as identified above. What I would give for a decent UFO & occupants report from the UK right now *sigh*

Last edited:
Yes. It is known as an Airy Disk, after George Airy, the Astronomer Royal in the middle of the 19th century who described this effect. This is entirely consistent with an out-of-focus, bright point-like source, such as Jupiter.
240504265_374664797451655_7684010559078173804_njpeg.jpg

Airy was a consultant on the Tay Bridge, and gave a totally inadequate estimate for peak wind pressure which contributed to its failure. So his tenure as Astronomer Royal can be described as having mixed success.

Looks like an out of focus point of light and the spiralling movement described sounds like camera shake.
Had a quick search and Jupiter was high and bright at that time.
View attachment 44428

Yes. It is known as an Airy Disk, after George Airy, the Astronomer Royal in the middle of the 19th century who described this effect. This is entirely consistent with an out-of-focus, bright point-like source, such as Jupiter.
240504265_374664797451655_7684010559078173804_njpeg.jpg
Interesting update on that effect - of course it doesn't define exactly what the light source is. However, as it seems the light source wasn't remarked upon as a moving light, then it probably was Jupiter they were looking at.

From this quote in the article I get the feeling astronomy isn't one of their strongest subjects
In the video taken by Jake you can hear them gasp as Robert says: "Look that's not a planet, it's got like rings or something."

From this quote in the article I get the feeling astronomy isn't one of their strongest subjects
I think it just goes to show that what is seen through a viewfinder doesn't always turn out the way we all think it will in a captured image ~ which carries imaging faults.

Last edited:
Because there are no planets with rings around them! :headbang:
There was a report in my local paper many years ago of a "UFO" which just happened to be in the same region of sky and at the same time Venus was making an appearance. However, the witness dismissed that theory because it was "too low in the sky" to be a planet.

Back