• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Classified UFO videos would 'harm national security' if released, Navy says

The U.S. Navy confirmed in a letter that the agency has unreleased footage of UFOs, which have been deemed national security secrets. (Image credit: Getty/ Bettmann)
The U.S. Navy holds unseen videos of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) — or unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), as the Department of Defense (DOD) prefers to call them — but will not release the footage publicly because it would "harm national security," a Navy spokesperson wrote Wednesday (Sept. 7).

Interestingly, in its response to The Black Vault's request, the Navy did not make any attempts to conceal the existence of additional UAP videos. There are clearly more videos of inexplicable UFO encounters in the Navy's archives, but how many and what they depict will have to remain a mystery for now.

It's clear, however, that the U.S. military takes the potential threat of UAP very seriously. In May 2022, the DOD held its first public hearing on UFOs since the 1960s. The hearing primarily discussed a June 2021 Pentagon report that revealed U.S. Navy pilots had reported 144 UAP sightings since 2004. More recently, the DOD announced that it will receive federal funding to open a new office focused exclusively on managing reports of UFO sightings by the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force.

https://www.livescience.com/navy-ufo-videos-national-security-threat

Look like formation drones to me, assuming they are real.
That small flashing light (to the right, below the two green lights) looks a bit interesting too 'eburacum.' Doesn't appear to just a twinkling star?

If we knew what time and in which direction this video was taken, we might be able to identify the star. Altair is bright in the south at the moment, but it might be anything.

If we knew what time and in which direction this video was taken, we might be able to identify the star. Altair is bright in the south at the moment, but it might be anything.

It might not be a star. It appears to me the small white-ish light "twinkles" (flares a bit) in a periodic manner. It could be the static marker light of an aircraft in the far distance, augmented intermittently by its flashing marker / beacon.

Look like formation drones to me, assuming they are real.

Agreed ... The smooth acceleration, dually-coordinated flight, and deceleration all match what I've recurrently seen with drones.

Small, fast-moving blobs on film clips taken by witnesses who didn't see anything at the time? This is a very common phenomenon, and is usually caused by small, fast-moving insects near the camera. That seems to be the case here.

As Cabello herself notes, this clip doesn't look like birds, but the bird hypothesis is not needed in this case. A small, perhaps laterally-flattened insect like a beetle would explain the larger object, and the smaller one is too indistinct to see any details.

Well,

This night TV program has about 2 million viewers.

I think it is good that the possibility of UFOs were talked about.

Small, fast-moving blobs on film clips taken by witnesses who didn't see anything at the time? This is a very common phenomenon, and is usually caused by small, fast-moving insects near the camera. That seems to be the case here.

As Cabello herself notes, this clip doesn't look like birds, but the bird hypothesis is not needed in this case. A small, perhaps laterally-flattened insect like a beetle would explain the larger object, and the smaller one is too indistinct to see any details.
It certainly is an interesting clip - but open to CGI or to misinterpreting what is actually captured in the shot!

This clip is unlikely to be CGI. There are innumerable YouTube clips of UFOs on the 'Net; one (almost infallible) way to detect CGI hoaxes is that the actual witness remains anonymous, to hide the fact that no-one actually saw anything.

That doesn't apply in this case.

Reactions: Sid
The political opinion organization called The Hill claims UFOs suffer the “ Cassandra Curse “.

The Greek Priestess Cassandra foretold the futures to the god Apollo, but Apollo thought her as a silly, untruthful person.

The interpretation is “ if it is impossible to exist, therefore it can not possibly exist “.

Likely protecting the methods/mechanics of detection/collection rather than content.
I wish it weren't so, but it's probably so. I mean I want my answers but I do figure they're probably pretty mundane. ...still... one hopes...

I wish it weren't so, but it's probably so. I mean I want my answers but I do figure they're probably pretty mundane. ...still... one hopes...
It is the fact that the Mundane can also lead you to the more interesting places, the places others have not noticed, discovered, or recorded!
Research.jpg

There seem to be several possible explanations for these various sightings in the Pacific.

The ones near the Californian Coast may be connected to the drone base on San Clemente island, which seems to have caused several sightings over the last few years.
Drone testing and drone warfare are both on the increase around the world, and I suspect we will need to get used to them.
1657773443951-png.52466

------------
The other sightings may indeed have something to do with Starlink, despite the fact that this source was dismissed by some of the witnesses. Starlink flares seem to move across the sky in a counterintuitive way - since these satellites are all aligned in the same direction, the location of the flare moves backwards along the chain. This strange effect can give the impression that the satellites are moving in the opposite direction to their actual movement, making them appear as if they were rotating in place.

In this video the satellites are moving right-to-left, but the peak brightness of each flare moves along the chain and appears to move left to right, because of the way the solar panels are angled.

Last edited:
To my surprise NBC’s morning TV show called “Today” spent a fair amount of time about these latest UAPs.

The show asks are UFOs/UAPs happening more often, or are people finally stepping up and reporting UFO sightings ?

From the state of Missouri to the Pacific U.S. west coast groups of UAPs, usually in groups of 7 objects, chase each other around in circles always near the bottom of the Big Dipper.

Why the bottom of the Big Dipper ?

This has been reported around 24 pilots on different nights.

I once saw with my neighbor at night around the late 1980s a group of seven UFOs at night, so why seven ?

My neighbor was retired military and was not interested.

Ironically, the Pentagon is to give Congress the latest UFO report on Halloween, October 31, 2022.

Will the public see any of this information or will it be stored in Warehouse 13 ?

Last edited:
Just my opinion, there are too many pilots reporting these same UAPs chasing each other ( sometimes in wide circles) which to me does not sound like satellites.

I assume commercial airline pilots have many hours of training and many hours of flying time.

I also assume these pilots can spot something not normal.

Airline pilots do have a lot of training, but not in the identification of ufos or unusual phenomena. Research suggests they're not great witnesses: see, for example, this piece by Jim Oberg: https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna38852385
Maybe where Pilots are concerned the best factual evidence is when several Pilots and crew spot the same anomalies in triangulational reports.

Just my opinion, there are too many pilots reporting these same UAPs chasing each other ( sometimes in wide circles) which to me does not sound like satellites.
I assume commercial airline pilots have many hours of training and many hours of flying time.
Well, Starlink satellite constellations are a relatively new thing, and I haven't seen this 'progressive flare' rotational phenomenon described before, so it looks like something new. The lights look as if they are chasing each other around a racetrack in the sky, but they are just reflecting the Sun in sequence.

These pilots can't be expected to be familiar with something no-one has seen before.

Well, Starlink satellite constellations are a relatively new thing, and I haven't seen this 'progressive flare' rotational phenomenon described before, so it looks like something new. The lights look as if they are chasing each other around a racetrack in the sky, but they are just reflecting the Sun in sequence.

These pilots can't be expected to be familiar with something no-one has seen before.
So that - in all probability, means that most Pilots ARE AND DO ACCURATELY report exactly what they are seeing as accurately as humanly possible, even though the unknown objects/craft have never been seen before.
Or, in other words, as good as anyone else's sightings - give-or-take the obvious, or the illusive mistaken concepts part of any witness reports.

I agree with Sid in that pilots will be as good as it is going to be.

Just think we only need one UFO report confirmed by governments to rewrite human history.

Mick West's latest video goes through the Starlink explanation step-by-step to show how these satellites could cause the apparent 'circling' phenomenon, and also demonstrates that the lights are actually equidistant from each other, so they can't actually be travelling in circles.

Why "Racetrack" UFOs are (mostly) Starlink Flares

This phenomenon was seen from August 3rd through September 23rd by 15 different airlines.

Satellites just seem to be illogical.

All these commercial flights were probably not on the exact flight path but flying in different directions .

The common factor seems to be that the reflections were seen in the same part of the sky, just above where the Sun would have been below the horizon. This suggests it is caused by reflections/glints, not aliens.

In this image, the horizon is about halfway down the page; the Sun is the circle in Cancer (near the bottom) and the reflections all happen in Ursa Major (the Plough) directly above the Sun. This seems to indicate that the phenomenon is directly linked to the location of the Sun at the time of observation. No matter what direction the commercial flights are travelling in, the direction of the Sun would be constant in this time period.

1666303331179-png.55402

Note that it could be aliens, but since we've got Starlink satellites in the same location, Occam's Razor suggests that the alien hypothesis is unnecessary.

Back