• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

The balloon is much closer than the Red Arrows, so would probably only appear in a very few photos from a certain angle. Quite possibly this is the only one.

It's definitely a heart balloon, though. You can see the filling tab at the bottom.
heart balloon.png

Last edited:
It could be the case that something else had caused the scar tissue and that predisposed the pilots to interpret things as UFOs.

Professor Gary Nolan of Stanford University says that scans of pilots brains prove aliens have visited earth.
Here's a previous thread about this chap.
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ns-who-say-they’ve-had-a-ufo-encounter.69016/

Some interesting comments there.
Before we get too carried away with this hypothesis, Nolan only managed to find two people with this pre-existing condition, out of a sample of 100 witnesses. Few scientists would erect a working theory on such meagre evidence.

Perhaps more importantly - he didn't report any subject for whom a prior MRI demonstrated "normal" caudate nucleus / putamen status in their past generally, much less some past point preceding any UFO (etc.) encounter.

I have to assume fighter pilot G Forces could cause brain damage.

Why would an UFO encounter injure the brain as this would indicate a hostile action on the UFO part using a ray or force field. ?

Has there been a hostile UFO event. ?

Thomas Mantell was an unfortunate UFO mistake in Kentucky and strangely Mantell crashed not far from his house, Franklin,Kentucky.

Last edited:
After thinking about the above 29 Palms Marine base, the idea that the Department of Defense did not try to cover up a situation that did happen at this Marine base,

The DoD pushed the idea of weapons testing which is strange because weapons testing would not be near the men at the base?

This sighting has already been discussed, and explained, in this thread.
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/triangular-ufo-sightings.66394/page-15#post-2265012

This was certainly a military exercise; they were testing infrared flares, which can burn for several minutes while floating down on parachutes. They don't flood the countryside with visible light, but instead emit infrared radiation which can be detected using night-vision equipment.

However they are dimly visible to the human eye; here is a screenshot from a film taken at this event, showing five infrared flares and two visible light flares, and the difference in brilliance can be clearly seen.
irflares.png

The DoD pushed the idea of weapons testing which is strange because weapons testing would not be near the men at the base?
These flares were being tested at a significant distance from the base, beyond the mountains - the men were in no danger. Flares, even infrared flares, can be seen for many kilometres.

Last edited:
You see this answer to UFOs comes down to interpretation of how flares behave.

Do flares stay together or drift apart ?

Do flares all have the same brightness ?

Why some flares might light up a minute or two later ?

Over 50 Marines told Corball and Knapp they knew what flares looked like, and this was a UFO.

Do flares stay together or drift apart ?
Well, you can see the flares drift apart over time if you compare the photos taken during the event. The flares move significantly with respect to one another, demonstrating that they are not all fixed to a single craft.
1482-overlay-annotated-jpg.59442

Do flares all have the same brightness ?
Flares of the same type do. But in this event there are two different types of flare, and the ones that mostly emit visible light are significantly brighter than the ones which mostly emit infra-red light.
Apologies for posting the same image again, but this demonstrates the difference nicely.
index.php

Why some flares might light up a minute or two later ?
Because they were launched at different times? Probably from helicopters or aircraft too far away to be audible. These flares were likely about 10km from the witnesses, if not more.

Over 50 Marines told Corball and Knapp they knew what flares looked like, and this was a UFO.
The Marines were presumably not familiar with this kind of flare. They would be familiar with ground-launched flares or perhaps decoy flares, as opposed to long-duration aircraft-dropped flares.
2023-05-25_00-13-36-jpg.59369

--------
Finally we know for certain that there was an exercise occurring on this date, and in this direction as seen from the camp. This was the Weapons and Tactics Instructor (WTI) course 2-21, at Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, in Twentynine Palms about 10km away.
Here is a promotional video from the exercise.
https://www.dvidshub.net/video/791782/wti-assault-support-training-4-b-roll

I am by no means saying that this footage is a flying saucer.

However I sometimes despair at rational explanations. I do not think these were flares or fireworks. Flares do not stay in formation and fireworks are usually advertised and consist of a lot of banging or it would be bloomin' boring.

They are certainly not lights from cars, where does that even come from? My car hasn't got a dimmer switch as of yet but these lights do not come on and off but seem to fluctuate/dim.
A lightshow is possible but I don't think it was from a festival without the teen knowing about it, again people would have known of it and the music would have been audible at that distance.
Fakery yes, that is a definite possibility and of course the kites seem at first an answer; even though from what I have seen, they are fitted with on off lights rather than pulsating irregular lights.

So yeah, some good ideas and some that are just as silly as the notion of a UFO.
Has anyone noticed that the teen in the movie scratches his nose and sometimes displays behaviour associated with 'not telling the entire truth?'
Maybe they really thought it was weird at first but then found out what it was?
*bump*

The 2012 Thomas family UFO video is back in the spotlight with a new book and documentary that features the original footage. You can hear the author/researcher on the 'Mysteries & Monsters" podcast:

https://audioboom.com/posts/8315718...pisode-240-the-denbigh-lights-with-gari-jones

Link to the book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denbigh-Lights-Truthful-Argument-Existence/dp/B0BYLVJCZ1/ref=sr_1_1?crid=XY5RPHCWN6CR&keywords=the+denbigh+lights&qid=1686498818&sprefix=the+denbigh+li,aps,365&sr=8-1

...and the documentary:

https://rumble.com/vjky8l-denbigh-lights-ufo-312012-denbigh-north-wales.html

Personally, I find it intriguing footage that warrants the investigations undertaken. We are always asking where the video footage of UFOs is and here we have 9 minutes filmed at 03.00 from bedroom window during a storm.

I have yet to read the book but it is high on my list. However, have to say I find the author/researcher Geri Jones somewhat immersed in UFO lore and thus lacking in objectivity and prone to confirmation bias. Perhaps in the book he systematically analyses the rational explanation that have been put forward and explains why they don't explain what was seen but in the podcast he seems to dismiss them out of hand. He also mentions cases such as Berwyn that have been pretty much explained (see: https://www.amazon.co.uk/UFO-Down-Berwyn-Mountain-Crash/dp/1905723601/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1XFX3LWZRKXSW&keywords=berwyn+ufo&qid=1686591394&sprefix=berwyn+ufo,aps,86&sr=8-3).

Mods, does this sighting now deserve its own thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: BS3
Just looking at the footage I see something that looks almost pyrotechnic; there are little 'explosions' that fade away to the right of the frame.

Seeing as there was poor weather at the time, did anyone check if there were power lines in the area the UFO was seen? I could imagine electrical arcing would give an effect a bit like that (with the dark 'disc' an optical illusion due to the 'airship effect').

Just looking at the footage I see something that looks almost pyrotechnic; there are little 'explosions' that fade away to the right of the frame.

Seeing as there was poor weather at the time, did anyone check if there were power lines in the area the UFO was seen? I could imagine electrical arcing would give an effect a bit like that (with the dark 'disc' an optical illusion due to the 'airship effect').
Indeed. Clearly something is taking place and the young children are simply reacting to what they see. But making claims of extraterrestrials and cover-ups from some intriguing lights captured from inside a bedroom during heavy rain at 3am...? I feel a few more down-to earth explanations need to be discounted before we can get to that stage...

The other thing that strikes me is that lining up the video frame with a daytime shot of the skyline shows that the lights are not so much 'airborne' as among the trees along the crest of the hill, and indeed are slightly higher on the right, much as the hill itself is. I suspect this is something on the ground, rather than airborne.

From the road at coordinates 53.1941058, -3.4374386 you can see a power line of some kind running up a small farm track towards the wooded hill the witnesses were looking at. I think they could maybe have been looking at arcing on this power line, given the stormy conditions.

Last edited:
Did you see this video filmed from the same spot that shows that the lights were below the horizon, on a hillside above the town?

This could be lampers, or just kids messing around with torches. Not even UFOs if they are on the ground.

The other thing that strikes me is that lining up the video frame with a daytime shot of the skyline shows that the lights are not so much 'airborne' as among the trees along the crest of the hill, and indeed are slightly higher on the right, much as the hill itself is. I suspect this is something on the ground, rather than airborne.

From the road at coordinates 53.1941058, -3.4374386 you can see a power line of some kind running up a small farm track towards the wooded hill the witnesses were looking at. I think they could maybe have been looking at arcing on this power line, given the stormy conditions.
Some trees were later felled at this location, which is presented as a part of the 'cover-up' but was more likely the power company or landowner as they were interfering with the power line during high winds

Last edited:
Some trees were later felled at this location, which is presented as a part of the 'cover-up' but was ore likely the power company or landowner as they were interfering with the power line during high winds

That's a great call, could well have been the reason. And the presence of the trees would explain why the arcing was restricted to a specific area, if the high winds were causing them to strike the power line.

I had a look at a few videos of arcing power cables online: the light quality does seem fairly similar to the sort of lights seen in the video. They even have the sort of initially multi-coloured appearance the witnesses described.

The lines of sight drawn using Google Earth in the documentary to show the two extremities of the lights from the witnesses' position seem to match up - almost exactly! - to the section of power line which passes through a small wood.

Screenshot_20230612-231214_Maps.jpg

You can see the place above. The power line runs up the lane from the farm and then through trees (before feeding what seems to be an, ironically enough, disc shaped structure). I have a feeling that the 'lights' were in that area where the cables run through the trees.

I guess one of the things about approaching cases with pre-existing ideas is you sometimes miss some good potential solutions. If this case has really been the subject of a year long investigation, it would be a bit disappointing if we'd been able to possibly solve it in a few hours.

Last edited:
As for the still image showing the lights with a red light at the top (which Jones immediately identifies as being on top of a 'dome') it's said in the video to have been produced by their neighbour by zooming in on a paused frame of the footage using an iPad and taking a screenshot.

I have to say I can't see anything in the video which would produce that appearance when zoomed in, and the frame it was taken from is not identified. I don't know why but there's something a bit fishy about this part of the story.

Some trees were later felled at this location, which is presented as a part of the 'cover-up' but was more likely the power company or landowner as they were interfering with the power line during high winds
Oddly, the view of that path up the hill doesn't show that any trees are growing there, or that any had been removed (i.e. tree stumps, google map shows optional views back to 2009) but also, any Idea what this is? It's the circular image on the ground at the point just above the end of the trackway at the top to the right . . .
it appears to be inside a dug-out hole, and then slightly sunken below ground level itself.
(Maybe some form of cesspit, but why would a cesspit be placed higher up the hill, but what's with all those divisions inside it?) The only part which trees could have come into contact with electric lines, would be the 80metre length from the top of the trackway, leading which seems to lead to this circular object in the ground - what ever it is.

1686640039146.png

*Extra Edit: Identified ~ see posts on next page (53).

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the investigators haven't looked into the power arcing idea in any great detail. I guess this is because it doesn't resemble what the witnesses reported (a large, dark rotating disc with lights).

However this isn't what the video shows either. The video does look like arcing. You can even see at various points where sparks are falling away towards the ground. The 'rotation', and hence the disc, is an optical illusion - a variety of the 'airship effect' around a group of bright lights at night. When in the documentary the lights are overlaid exactly over a daylight frame, you can see that the lights are very slightly over the line of the hill, following the ground level uphill, and among the tree branches - very much like they were on a power line in fact.

I've only seen a few clips of power arcing, and the effect tends to last a very short time before the power cuts out automatically. Probably there aren't many clips of this kind because it is such a very short-lived phenomenon. I would put power-arcing low on the list of possibilities, behind lamping, kids playing with torches or trailbikes. Certainly if I saw mysterious lights on a hill near me I'd think trailbikes first, although you would normally hear them before you see them.

Back