• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Jerry_B said:
Looks like aircraft going around the storm.

At the Begining of the Video it does seem to ascend rather quickly, without much or any Horizontal climb angle. Would suggets a Helicopter? Maybe there was a research helicopter photographing the storm? Certainly was not a plane. But there ya go... who knows... Silly little lights... Great video of the strom tough.

It seems to me that the lights are going from right to left, and are following and L-shaped flight path. So, they're tracking from the right and then coming towards the camera. You can see airliners doing this here in London all of the time, and the lights look very much like aircraft going around the storm in the distance.

wowsah156 said:
Whether or not this is ball lightning or a UFO will be up to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3vBW_eW238

Very good clear pictures and a commentary mid flow. So its got something to put it in context.
That was really something. I've been watching these for years, and that one had me. Whatever the circling lights were, the storm footage is fantastic. That would be Arizona? Dug the JC track too.

gncxx said:
Whatever it is, I think it's broken.
It was quite clearly a flying jellyfish....

(now broken) :(

Mexican Airforce UFO recording

Those plucky Chilangos have done it again, capturing not one, but 11 UFOs 3500m above the southern end of their beautiful country. US drones? convoy of witches? who knows? Wouldn't mind some guesses from you lot tho.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=70e_1185335866

Anyone speak Spanish?

The only words I could make a stab at were apparently numbers of the things in sight. Did they mention colours, or anything else of interest?

Isn't that footage a few years old, and explained as being something to do with oil rigs...?

rynner said:
Waylander28 said:
Here's a later one, very interesting, follow to the end.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wNVH-bgIuxI& ... ed&search=
Yes, interesting, but what's the context, and what's the scale of the grounded object?

(I'm guessing about the size of size 12 (UK) boot...)

It would be hard to trust anything from YouTube, with no idea of provenance, it's hard to tell what this video is all about. If it is really a NASA video, how did they get their hands on the video?!

I agree, i did get a sense of unsubstantial size for the object, especially looking at it in it's inpact crater, or should I say impact pothole.

Anyway looks like it was a satelite probe, either called Genesis or Stardust. that was sent to collect dust samples from space, either around the sun or from the tails of comets, whos parachute failed to deploy after rentry to earth, and crashed in the desert in Utah!

It was apparently well documented on News channels, so I guess thats how they got their hands on the video. :?

Waylander28 said:
Anyway looks like it was a satelite probe, either called Genesis or Stardust. that was sent to collect dust samples from space, either around the sun or from the tails of comets, whos parachute failed to deploy after rentry to earth, and crashed in the desert in Utah!

It was apparently well documented on News channels, so I guess thats how they got their hands on the video. :?

Yeah, you're right about it being a crashing satelite. I remember the footage being on the news quite a few years ago.

genesis_in_ground_side_500.jpg

Failed explosives caused Genesis crash

Failed explosive devices designed to release two parachutes caused the crash of a space capsule carrying solar wind ions in Utah, say scientists from NASA's Genesis mission.

Blame for the failed explosions was settling on the capsule's battery, electronics, or sensors on Wednesday afternoon. In the evening, the 190-kilogram capsule - with its potentially dangerous live mortars - was successfully moved to a clean room at the US Army Dugway Proving Ground in Utah.

Some dirt has been removed and the Genesis team will begin examining the contents of the canister on Thursday, hoping to recover some science from the $264 million mission.

The capsule crash-landed in the US Air Force's Utah Test and Training Range at 1158 EDT on Wednesday when it failed to deploy its two parachutes.

"For whatever reasons, none of the pyros on board fired," said Bob Corwin at a NASA briefing. He heads the capsule's recovery operations for Lockheed Martin, which built the spacecraft. About six pyrotechnic devices are involved in deploying the drogue parachute, then the main parafoil, and finally separating the two, he said.

"The battery is a possible cause of not firing the initial pyros," he said. "Once you don't fire the first ones, you don't fire the rest of them." An overheating battery in the capsule was discovered running at about 40°C instead of the expected 23°C shortly after the spacecraft launched in August 2001. But Corwin said further tests had shown the batteries could still operate at even higher temperatures.

Deep impact
The problem could also have arisen in the electronics used to fire the pyros, or in the sensors that trigger them. Forty-five seconds after atmospheric entry, friction with the air was expected to decelerate the 11 kilometre-per-second craft rapidly, starting a timer. This timer should have fired a mortar to release the drogue chute about two minutes after atmospheric entry.

But the mortar never fired, and the capsule crashed to earth at an estimated 310 km per hour (193 miles per hour). That impact cracked open both the capsule and the science canister it housed by a few inches, said Roy Haggard, who inspected the crash site. He had flown in one of two helicopters meant to catch the capsule in mid-air by hooking onto its parafoil.

"We're sorry we didn't get to perform the mid-air retrieval we trained so hard for, but our hearts go out to the science team," Haggard said.

"This is not a complete loss of the mission," said Don Sevilla, the mission's payload team leader at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California. He said workers would try to prevent any of the five fragile collector arrays from being further damaged while the canister was moved and opened.

Billion billion ions
Each array studies a different type of solar wind particle, blown out from the Sun, and has a unique thickness. So it may be possible to "reconstruct" the smashed arrays to salvage some data. The arrays collected more than a billion billion ions – it was hoped that this sample of the Sun would reveal the composition of the cloud that formed the solar system 4.5 billion years ago.

But Sevilla added: "The solar wind ions have been imbedded very shallowly, and it's going to take some time to develop techniques to ensure any contamination on the surface can be cleaned without hurting the science objectives."

A mishap review board composed of engineers and administrators will be appointed within 72 hours of the crash, said a NASA official. Their findings, which may take several months to report, will influence the design of future spacecraft intended to bring samples back from Mars or beyond.

But "the die is cast" for NASA's Stardust mission, which uses a similar design and has already been launched, said Chris Jones, director of Solar System exploration at JPL. Stardust will drop samples of a comet over Utah in January 2006.

"Let's hope this was an isolated failure and not a generic problem," says John Logsdon, director of the Space Policy Institute at George Washington University. "But how quickly we forget that nine months ago, we landed two rovers on the surface of Mars with parachutes and inflatable balls."

Link

Scale...

nn_lewis_genesis_040908.vsmall.jpg

I said when the Genesis/Stardust probe crashed that in few years someone would try to pass it off as a crashed UFO. :roll:

Frobush said:
Failed explosives caused Genesis crash
Link

Nice one Frobush, That'll be that then.

As for the other crashing UFO? Someone has suggested that it was a failed missile engine test, that broke off the rails. Not sure though. It had also been suggested that it was a Video piece Created by Ted Loman, for a documentary he worked on.

Story Here.

But not even this story can be sure about were it came from.

And More From MyStrangeNewMexico.com

Jerry_B said:
Waylander28 said:
Which One?!?!

The video in the link provided by _TMS_...

Oh! Okay :)

But Jerry? How could this having anything to do with oil rigs?! Or are you speaking of a different Video now?!

Waylander28 said:
As for the other crashing UFO? Someone has suggested that it was a failed missile engine test, that broke off the rails. Not sure though. It had also been suggested that it was a Video piece Created by Ted Loman, for a documentary he worked on.

Seems unlikely it was 'created' for a documentary - more like it 'featured' in Loman's documentary. Whatever it is it seems to try to avoid contact with the ground just before the initial impact - which suggests, to me, that it's something under remote (out of) control.

Linked to again to save people going back and FRO!

It looks like it has no internal method of propulsion. The lighting looks consistent with the rest of the environment and there seem to be no wires or glows. The camera lens seems a bit primitive and the focal distance would suggest that it is a small object close up rather than a larger object far away.

I'm guessing it's some sort of continental* aluminium temporary toilet that has been caught in a waterspout.

*as opposed to incontinental.

Frobush said:
Hmmm. Sieve you can guess what it is yet...

Why Oh why?!?!? Lets keep it real... well... unverifiably real... I think...

I'm convinced too, but I'm just going to check my colendar to make sure it's not an April Fool prank anyway.

Waylander28 said:
Frobush said:
Hmmm. Sieve you can guess what it is yet...

Why Oh why?!?!? Lets keep it real... well... unverifiably real... I think...

Are you being serious? :shock:

I can't tell anymore? :(

I gave up wanting to believe in aliens during their 'minced pie' phase (if you need to ask then...). I'd like to think my disbelief happened at the same time as my puberty - make of that what you will! (Usually it's the other way round, isn't it? For girls and Polts at least! Er, I'm a boy! Er, I'm a man!) :?:

My YouTube link IS just a valid as anyone elses loopy links! Probably more so, as it shows just how far this crap has become emursed with our culture.

Sorry if I've mis-understood your post. :oops:

This subject interests me. Still. Don't spoil it for me by being too naive. Too gullible! Have fun with it otherwise it WILL twist your mind! Have a mince pie!

Waylander28 said:
But Jerry? How could this having anything to do with oil rigs?! Or are you speaking of a different Video now?!

No, I'm still talking about the same one (i.e. military footage, via thermal imaging, of lights off in the distance, complete with crew dialogue). The footage is not new but is apparently being touted as such. It first came to light a few years ago.

Jerry_B said:
Waylander28 said:

No, I'm still talking about the same one (i.e. military footage, via thermal imaging, of lights off in the distance, complete with crew dialogue). The footage is not new but is apparently being touted as such. It first came to light a few years ago.

if that is the same footage I'm thinking about where the on-board camera switched to infra red and the ufos showed up, it was a couple of years ago.

Back