• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Moooksta said:
Heads up here's a new one for you!

CGI?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up5jmbSjWkw

Man, that was good, beautifuly animated, great sense of weight to the main ufo's, and the sound of the ufo's only heard as they passed directly over head was clever.

Goes to show once again how hard it is to tell a blatant hoax, from something anomilous that just happened to be caught on camera.

Frobush said:
Are you being serious? :shock:

Dude, chill will ya, yeah I'm messin', I found it amusing too.

Just that I'm sick of the Hoaxes, and although this is fun, it's stuipid too. I hate getting directed to Video links were twat's take the piss, and waste my very valuable gullibility time on very stupid Vids. I've seen worse, so this ain't as annoying as some I have seen. :)

Now that CGI Vid posted by Mooksta there, is well worth a look, even if it is a Hoax. I guess it's down to Quality, Qaulty in the effort someone has gone through to make something convincing, or Quality of the Humour involved to send up those interested in UFO shtuff. Usually on the Humour side, they just don't cut the mustard!

Anyway I didn't realise the aliens had a minced pie phase, are you sure it wasn't the Patato Smash phase? With Bangers... now that does cut the Mustard!

Waylander28 said:
Moooksta said:

CGI?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up5jmbSjWkw
Man, that was good, beautifuly animated, great sense of weight to the main ufo's, and the sound of the ufo's only heard as they passed directly over head was clever.

Goes to show once again how hard it is to tell a blatant hoax, from something anomilous that just happened to be caught on camera.
That was beautifully done, from the initial design to the focus adjustment as the crafts passed overhead. The trouble we have now is that if we are dismissing that as CGI (and I'm sure we all are), mainly because it's so wonderfully done, then what will anyone ever accept as a real alien craft? It used to be that you could always say "too fuzzy" or "too much like a colander" or "I can make out the wires", but now that that's been replaced by "it's too good to be true", is there any believable middle ground for footage?

It's great news for the movies that CGI can now conjure up just about any machine that can be dreamt of, but it's also a shame, in a way, because viewing "UFO" footage on these boards and elsewhere will no longer help to provide proof of the phenomenon. Which means, I suppose, that we're back to reading eye-witness testimony, and forming judgements from that.

Peripart said:
...viewing "UFO" footage on these boards and elsewhere will no longer help to provide proof of the phenomenon. Which means, I suppose, that we're back to reading eye-witness testimony, and forming judgements from that.

Well thats just it, we came to the same conclusion towards the end of the UAV or UFO? thread, and it is a right pain in the reviewtube.

Is it me or the layout of the "Possible UFO fleet" looks like star formations?

The other link I posted reminds of that JJ Abrams trailer on another thread.

mooks

I thought they looked a bit like constellations too, however, I'd guess shiny balloons.

Why does no one use the zoom feature on their cameras?

(ahm just askin...)

Timble2 said:
Little pale blobs over London 05/08/07

<gettting excited> I saw these!

Got some pics and looked at them through binocs - they're sort of semi-tranlucent balloons, with one cluster and a few stragglers.

We've had a few of these lately, I suspect they're to do with weddings,as it now seems to be the fashion to have a balloon release (in addition to wasting as much money as possible on other aspects of the event) -

http://www.balloon.org.uk/wedding.html

http://www.balloon.co.uk/balloon-releases.htm

As you can probably see now, the front page of the FT site now has someting on the Haiti 'UFO' video, and also has a link to Whitley Streiber's take on it. Note that one of the reasons he gives for the footage being fake is because 'the objects are flying, not sliding through the air like authenticated UFO'. I wonder (a) what he means by 'slide' and (b) what 'authenticated' UFO's talking about...

Isn't it true that the term 'Flying Saucer' derives from the skipping action made in flight? Should we now refer to them as Sliding Saucers?

Waylander28 said:
Frobush said:
Are you being serious? :shock:

Dude, chill will ya, yeah I'm messin', I found it amusing too.

You.

Are.

So.

Lucky.

I.

Have.

Been.

Offline.

When people condescend me and patronise me I teld to get a little upset.

I forgive you. :D

Jerry_B said:
As you can probably see now, the front page of the FT site now has someting on the Haiti 'UFO' video, and also has a link to Whitley Streiber's take on it. Note that one of the reasons he gives for the footage being fake is because 'the objects are flying, not sliding through the air like authenticated UFO'. I wonder (a) what he means by 'slide' and (b) what 'authenticated' UFO's talking about...

I've just read the article, it implies that some people actually thought that was authentic...I find it hard to believe that anyone looked at it and thought anything other than "nice special effects".

Besides..if it was real wouldn't you try to sell it for large sums of dosh to TV rather than posting it it for free and anonymously?

I don't understand what he means "sliding" as opposed to flying, unless it's something to do with the way the craft bank like aircraft as they turn , rather than just changing direction as some UFOs are reported to have done.

Why this should mean they're fakes is beyond me...all it might indicate is that UFOs have different types of drive and flight systems...by analogy airships and jet aircraft have very different flight dynamics

Jerry_B said:

I've just read the article, it implies that some people actually thought that was authentic...I find it hard to believe that anyone looked at it and thought anything other than "nice special effects".

Besides..if it was real wouldn't you try to sell it for large sums of dosh to TV rather than posting it it for free and anonymously?

I don't understand what he means "sliding" as opposed to flying, unless it's something to do with the way the craft bank like aircraft as they turn , rather than just changing direction as some UFOs are reported to have done.

Why this should mean they're fakes is beyond me...all it might indicate is that UFOs have different types of drive and flight systems...by analogy airships and jet aircraft have very different flight dynamics

It also seems to be saying that Streiber somehow knows how UFOs fly and so he can state these aren't 'proper' UFOs...

Sorry to sound cynical here, but isn't the conclusion of this debate that, ironically, even as the means to record a paranormal event now sits in the pockets of a fair proportion of humanity, the same leaps of technology have in effect made video evidence effectively inadmissable - because the means to produce highly convincing and practically indistinguishable fakes are almost as accessible....?

:?: :?

gncxx said:
HopoUK said:

I didn't know you could create sonic booms travelling at thirty miles an hour.

Apparently, the guy who took it said that the object was over a mile wide, and would seem to be travelling slow due to it's size. Rubbish! He shot himself in the foot with that comment I think!

And what about the woman screaming? It must be a family member helping him out. :lol:

Moooksta said:

CGI?

Well just so were all clear on this one:

http://www.strangeattractor.co.uk/furth ... 7#more-647

We’ve seen quite a run of attention-sapping UFO videos this year. Now, finally, someone has done what nobody else could be bothered to do, and identified the creator of the last batch, which showed impressively realistic saucers flying over Haiti and the Dominican Republic.

An LA Times article reveals that the films are the work of video artist ‘Barzolff814′, who created the UFOs to demonstrate his CGI skills as part of a pitch for an upcoming French SF film. To further show off his abilities Barzolff has concocted a nice short set in a Paris street, which can be found on the LA Times site.

Knew he was pitching for a film job.

I just love the optimistic title of that video clip:
real ufo proof of alien 2007
A small black circle at an indeterminate distance - that's me convinced!

I think we're missing the real weirdness here. By the sound of it the footage was filmed by the Smurfs.

gncxx said:
I think we're missing the real weirdness here. By the sound of it the footage was filmed by the Smurfs.

I'm not interested unless it's smurfs attacking a school or variation thereof.

Back