• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Legend: Byron's Prodigious Penis

Oh F.F.S. I'll do it then! After all, it won't be the first time I've looked for penises on the interweb :wink2:

I did a search with the words 'cadaver', penis' and 'decay' and found this fact:

Bloat is most noticeable in the abdomen, Arpad is saying, where the largest numbers of bacteria are, but it happens in other bacterial hot spots, most notably the mouth and genitalia. "It's predominant in the groin and face. In the male, the penis and especially the testicles can become very large."

The full article is here https://www.salon.com/2003/04/17/roach_excerpt/ (not for the squeamish)

OK, bloat happens but I'm still not convinced it would stand up after 102 years. Further research needed..

I'm still not convinced it would stand up after 102 years.

The penis was supposed to be unusually large, as it had been rumoured to be during Byron's life, not erect.
A show-er and not a grow-er, if you will.

The penis was supposed to be unusually large, as it had been rumoured to be during Byron's life, not erect.
A show-er and not a grow-er, if you will.

Yeah I realise that - I wasn't expecting him to still have a boner. It was a way of saying I'm not sure the story stands up. The question remains - would a 102 year old large todger still be in reasonable enough condition to pronounce as a large example?

Of course if it happened now the MP would be pictured posing in a selfie with the todger & it'd be on twitter.

Let's hope they don't bring out a calendar!

... The question remains - would a 102 year old large todger still be in reasonable enough condition to pronounce as a large example?

I suppose it would depend on the methods used when he was embalmed in Greece. He was something of a popular hero, so it wouldn't be surprising if his body had been given special (i.e., more permanently preservative) treatment.

Back