• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Let Me In

DaveTiger

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I'm heading to the multiplex tomorrow to see the new vampire flick, Let Me In. It's an Americanized version of the very fine Scandinavian film, Let The Right One In.

Anyone out there seen this new film yet? And if you have, have you also seen the original version? If so, how well does it hold up?

I still plan on going, but I figured I'd prepare to be disappointed if need be.

I have the original one downloaded but have not got round to watching it. Where possible if the remake is of something that is generally regarded to be a classic I have no real inclination to see an Americanised version. Would much rather watch the original subtitles and all.

The original is well worth your time. It isn't even all that old, just a couple of years if I'm not mistaken.

The remade version has been getting pretty good reviews over here in America though. I'll check it out and let you know how the two films compare.

I don't fancy another sodding vampire movie. I find vampires really pathetic and uninteresting.

However, I'll be making an exception for Vampires Suck. :lol:

escargot1 said:
I don't fancy another sodding vampire movie. I find vampires really pathetic and uninteresting.

However, I'll be making an exception for Vampires Suck. :lol:

Easy to suck snails outof their shells. :twisted:

I wonder what you practice on? :lol:

Some kind of winkles anyway. :twisted:

I have a feeling I'm getting the salt too. :shock:

I'm not answering any questions without my lawyer present.

This is all a bit off Topic and I'm of a mind to give it its own Thread, under the title, 'Salty Winkles'.

P_M

I too would like to see the original version, 'Let the Right One In', or whatever its Swedish title really is. before the remake. The Swedish version had tremendous reviews and watching the US version first might spoil it.

The original was very good indeed, and the new one is also meant to be, um, very good indeed. Apparently it picks up on some aspects to the book the previous version didn't. Maybe together they make a whole?

I'm very pleased to report that the American version DOES NOT SUCK! I was quite surprised to find the movie similar in tone and doesn't rely upon the constant buckets of gore I was expecting. True, some of the scenes are hard to watch, but I expect this when watching horror.

IMHO this is probably the best vampire movie to come out of the US in years. People who are turned off at the prospect of reading subtitles may find this their cup of tea. I highly recommend this film.

I have not yet read the book, so I can't really tell whether or not the films follow the original story closely.

Isn't this one of the new Hammer productions? But not the one with 'the Potter boy' in it.

I've heard from a friend who is a big fan of the original that this remake is even better - very similar in tone with better set-pieces and better acting. One in the eye for the remake haters, but there we go, it has to work out some time.

Loved the book. Very interesting take on the genre. Was shocked to see such a prevalence of other story threads but the ones left out of the film were probably quite difficult to get down on tape. Handling the Undead - his zombie book - was pretty crap but what little I've read of Human Harbour is very good.

Back