Let's Dig Up Old Threads!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
There are some seriously crazy threads on'ere, especially from the very early days.

How about we have a dig around the oldest threads and find some mind-blowing stuff to share?

There are some threads that are only a few posts long, or that had no replies at all, which are WELL worth another look. The Mods did a sterling job of moving everything here from the old Board so we should really take advantage by exploring all that juicy Forteana.

As a random example, here is a very weird thread from 2003, called 'A Helping Hand?'

Beautifully written, it describes an incident when a pick-up truck crashed off a desert road. Nobody was hurt but the occupants couldn't move the vehicle and decided to telepathically summon help from any passing flying saucers.

You won't believe what happened next! :alien:

;)

Highly recommended. I can't understand why it had no replies.
Back then, when the Board was new, you had to submit an account of your experience for consideration for 'publication' on the Board as if it were going into the magazine. Perhaps people didn't feel happy about discussing something being seen through this filter.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
This is one of my favourite posts. A salutory thought from that prolific poster Anonymous.

Imagine, in the distant future, some guy - the avid clipster of his time - sifting through the ancient 'newspaper' archives...and coming to the conclusion that the day known as '1 April' was remarkable for its heavy concentration of anomalous phenomena! And, of course, quickly getting a book out on it.

forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/extraordinary-map-find.3345/#post-57761
Link is obsolete owing to thread merger. The current link is:

The Dashka Stone / "Map of the Creator"
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-dashka-stone-map-of-the-creator.63842/

Last edited by a moderator:

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
Although not as spectacularly odd as some of our back catalogue, I've often recalled the old Strangeness in Pennines.... thread; partly because I live near the location mentioned, and have walked up there many times, but also because it's always struck me how clearly the sound effect mentioned in the 2003 experience reflects the 1925 event I reference in the penultimate post.

(Now, I'm going to have to think hard about where that 1925 story comes from - I see I didn't indicate a source.)

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
(Now, I'm going to have to think hard about where that 1925 story comes from - I see I didn't indicate a source.)
may you be forgiven.... :p

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
I found it - I was so unbelievably on it that I think you might just have missed the post (#20).
Yep - I saw it ... My post here was intended to generally re-direct attention to the relevant thread.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Reaction score
Excellent thread @escargot :D

Well I've found this one, and it's been quite the read... please don't let the first couple of posts sway you - as per StuNeville's comment in bold in the second post it is well worth continuing on. Most of the links sadly no longer work so if you're unfamiliar with the picture you will find, as I did, that you're reading a discussion about a photo you can't even see!

But if you keep reading, you are rewarded with a link near the end which does still work :)

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...apparition-the-best-ghost-picture-ever.37220/

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
That's a good one, & a very level headed discussion. Thanks for digging it up.

Rushfan62

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Excellent thread @escargot :D

Well I've found this one, and it's been quite the read... please don't let the first couple of posts sway you - as per StuNeville's comment in bold in the second post it is well worth continuing on. Most of the links sadly no longer work so if you're unfamiliar with the picture you will find, as I did, that you're reading a discussion about a photo you can't even see!

But if you keep reading, you are rewarded with a link near the end which does still work :)

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...apparition-the-best-ghost-picture-ever.37220/
This was one of my favourites from "The before time"

Ladyloafer

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I've been a member just a few months, tend to lurk more than post, and when i do post its more 'chat' that fortean threads. but i have enjoyed going back and reading random stuff. one i enjoyed was https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/göbekli-tepe-temples . it also makes it more interesting as the site was fairly recently discovered when the thread started and over the following 10 years or so, as more things were uncovered, you can see the whole thing evolve.
great stuff.