• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Digging Up Threads Of Fortean Excellence!

Personally, i liked Black Stick Man: HERE

Lots of good first-hand accounts.

Good for late night reading, which is when i first found it. 8)

Judge Nutmeg said:
The Strange Folk thread was spooky,i read the whole of that late one night,sent cold shivers up my spine.

Which strange folk, thread ?

ps: dogheaded men, has to be my all time fave.

PPs. tried to access some of the early threads posted here in links and could not get any of them towork. just got a page saying "thread does not exsist"
The victorian london thread and the springheeled jack thread for instance.

zardoz said:
PPs. tried to access some of the early threads posted here in links and could not get any of them towork. just got a page saying "thread does not exsist"
Well, they definitely haven't been deleted. Here's : Spring-heeled Jack, and there's a fair few which cover Victorian London (mostly WRT Jack the Ripper, etc). Which particular one did you have in mind (or was iit pure curiosity, as it was recommended in this thread)?

The Al Gore, Uri Geller and Enya connection

Notable for the intense amount of flames, but more importantly than that, TastyIntestine's list of what Al Gore's achievements - apart from invention of the internet. 100%, Grade A comedy

Lastly, were mrchopper and adamrang revealed to be the same person? If so, the thread can be ingested with a certain delightful hindsight

This one's great: strange childhood incident

For me, it's a great old thread because of the piling on of weird anecdote on weird anecdote; always fun to read on a cool summer's night. 8)

zardozzz said:
Judge Nutmeg said:
The Strange Folk thread was spooky,i read the whole of that late one night,sent cold shivers up my spine.

Which strange folk, thread ?

ps: dogheaded men, has to be my all time fave.

If you change the .co.uk to .com you will get the thread ie http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=471. Hope that helps.

Yeah I've been through and done a bit of tidying up. Some have been merged, like the East End Disappearances are now in the Spring Heeled Jack thread:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29#29

If you can't find a thread try stripping the URL down to the thread/post ID (old URLs still work but if there is too much extra stuff in it, like highlight, etc. then it might stop working)) then you can use the Threadfinder General thread:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21261

Leaferne said:
Whatever happened to the idiot (re: Erik Beckjord ) anyway?

He's selling some of his 'ghost' photos on eBay at this very moment. (Does depend when you read this post though).

I seem to be a gifted photographer of anomalies. You may judge for yourself. I have taken photos and/or films of ufos, Bigfoot, Nessie and strange things in crop circles. This has also happened, unknowingly, with photos I took with a witness 6 months after the tragic deaths of Ron and Nicole allegedly by OJ, who persists in letting slip that he did it.

The current one is going for US $100,000.00 - no one has bid yet.

EDIT - That photo is also on

this site

and

his site here.

Frobush said:
He's selling some of his 'ghost' photos on eBay at this very moment. (Does depend when you read this post though).

Wow. He really hasn't changed a bit.

EDIT: It's a shame his buying history is too old to view. I'd love to know what a man like Beckjord spends his hard-earned cash on.

EDIT AGAIN: I've just noticed he mentions his mensa membership at the end of his description. :D

Anyone remember a thread with a photograph of a mouse or gopher (can't remember which, maybe even a small dog) who was walking upright in the photo?

My memory is a little hazy but I seem to remember that you weren't really sure what the animal was in the photo but it seemed most likely a large rodent of some type. I think it was a darker color and more of a silhouette than a crisp image. But the background was all short grass, and i think the edge of a building on the left side of the animal, and possibly some shrubbery off to the right side. Anyway the animal was caught in a strange position and I seem to remember that none of the posters on the thread had a solid idea of what the creature was or what it was doing. It was really a fascinating thing.

Hope I am remembering it correctly. It would have been in 2006 or 2007 that the thread was created, but possibly bumped or re-posted again since.

I don't remember that Human_84 but I remember a similar odd picture of something at the bottom of someone's garden by the back fence.

Anyway. As a consolation, here's pictures of the kung fu hamster and an indignant starfish.

kung-fu-hamster.jpg

67027_funny-animal-captions-well-excuse-me.jpg

A friend recently told me of a black mist on awakening that recedes into the ceiling. His girlfriend sees it too. I cannot seem to find a thread for this. Anyone know if we've got one?

Human_84 said:
A friend recently told me of a black mist on awakening that recedes into the ceiling. His girlfriend sees it too. I cannot seem to find a thread for this. Anyone know if we've got one?

I remember reading a post about this, and have observed it myself. The most likely explanation is that the human eye is simply adjusting to a change in lighting conditions (i.e. from dark to light).

Is there a thread about the creepiest people? Meaning stalkers, perverts, and general awkwardness that makes you say "WHO DOES THAT!?"

I know that's sort of the theme in the human condition section, but I mean pure eye-brow raising gracelessness.

Strange Sex and Strange Crimes are full of such stories. I've never felt much of a shortage. :)

There are some seriously crazy threads on'ere, especially from the very early days.

How about we have a dig around the oldest threads and find some mind-blowing stuff to share?

There are some threads that are only a few posts long, or that had no replies at all, which are WELL worth another look. The Mods did a sterling job of moving everything here from the old Board so we should really take advantage by exploring all that juicy Forteana.

As a random example, here is a very weird thread from 2003, called 'A Helping Hand?'

Beautifully written, it describes an incident when a pick-up truck crashed off a desert road. Nobody was hurt but the occupants couldn't move the vehicle and decided to telepathically summon help from any passing flying saucers.

You won't believe what happened next! :alien:

;)

Highly recommended. I can't understand why it had no replies.
Back then, when the Board was new, you had to submit an account of your experience for consideration for 'publication' on the Board as if it were going into the magazine. Perhaps people didn't feel happy about discussing something being seen through this filter.

This is one of my favourite posts. A salutory thought from that prolific poster Anonymous.

Imagine, in the distant future, some guy - the avid clipster of his time - sifting through the ancient 'newspaper' archives...and coming to the conclusion that the day known as '1 April' was remarkable for its heavy concentration of anomalous phenomena! And, of course, quickly getting a book out on it.

forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/extraordinary-map-find.3345/#post-57761
Link is obsolete owing to thread merger. The current link is:

The Dashka Stone / "Map of the Creator"
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-dashka-stone-map-of-the-creator.63842/

Last edited by a moderator:
Although not as spectacularly odd as some of our back catalogue, I've often recalled the old Strangeness in Pennines.... thread; partly because I live near the location mentioned, and have walked up there many times, but also because it's always struck me how clearly the sound effect mentioned in the 2003 experience reflects the 1925 event I reference in the penultimate post.

(Now, I'm going to have to think hard about where that 1925 story comes from - I see I didn't indicate a source.)

I found it - I was so unbelievably on it that I think you might just have missed the post (#20).

Yep - I saw it ... My post here was intended to generally re-direct attention to the relevant thread.

Excellent thread @escargot :D

Well I've found this one, and it's been quite the read... please don't let the first couple of posts sway you - as per StuNeville's comment in bold in the second post it is well worth continuing on. Most of the links sadly no longer work so if you're unfamiliar with the picture you will find, as I did, that you're reading a discussion about a photo you can't even see!

But if you keep reading, you are rewarded with a link near the end which does still work :)

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...apparition-the-best-ghost-picture-ever.37220/

Back