Let's Get To Know (and possibly see) Our Fellow Forteans

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Hope you had a lovely time and no hangovers for today!
Thank you, we were laughing our heads off all day :loveu: .. we're off to the museum today because I've got a free pass for a viewing of remains from the sunken town of Shipden and my mates the curator .. I think I might own a bit (some stone I found on the beach with an iron clasp embedded into it that I found in the same area on the beach near to where people are convinced Shipden was) .. then we'll have some beers on the pier tonight.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Happy Birthday Mrs Swifty :D

Don't fall off of the pier Swifty

Bullseye

Abominable Snowman
Jack in the Green festival today,everyone dresses up.With this weather absolutely great day.Drumming bands, Morris sides,Releasing and Slaying of the Jack, 10's of 1000's of bikes for the Mayday run including some very serious m/c clubs, never any trouble. Did'nt realise there was a Newhaven registered boat behind me (obviously not yet re-registered to RX, port of Rye,susseX,hence RX.Hastings not being a port.) 20180507_113742.jpg

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Jack in the Green festival today,everyone dresses up.With this weather absolutely great day.Drumming bands, Morris sides,Releasing and Slaying of the Jack, 10's of 1000's of bikes for the Mayday run including some very serious m/c clubs, never any trouble. Did'nt realise there was a Newhaven registered boat behind me (obviously not yet re-registered to RX, port of Rye,susseX,hence RX.Hastings not being a port.) View attachment 9672
GREAT to see you again! :cool:

Ermintruder

Existential pixelfixer
That be a Wychwood Breweries Hobgoblin (I mean the teeshirt logo, not @Bullseye himself...unless it's corporate workwear, and he is a hobgoblin)

(Good crisps/chips & beer....and teeshirts https://www.wychwood.co.uk/shop/clothing/ ).

That Hastings cliff funicular looks very steep- does it get used to launch rockets from?

(ps Well-done on the steampunk vibe...goes well with the Green Man theme)

Last edited:

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Jack in the Green festival today,everyone dresses up.With this weather absolutely great day.Drumming bands, Morris sides,Releasing and Slaying of the Jack, 10's of 1000's of bikes for the Mayday run including some very serious m/c clubs, never any trouble. Did'nt realise there was a Newhaven registered boat behind me (obviously not yet re-registered to RX, port of Rye,susseX,hence RX.Hastings not being a port.) View attachment 9672
I nearly made it over this year! I will next year...I will.

Bullseye

Abominable Snowman
Thank you everyone. If you live in the South East and the weather promises to be good for a Mayday you really should come to the Hastings Jack in the Green festival (just google it for pics), it really is a good day. It co-incides with the Mayday Bike Run, you'll never see so many Harleys, customs and street racers in one place.

Nemo

Abominable Snowman
That be a Wychwood Breweries Hobgoblin (I mean the teeshirt logo, not @Bullseye himself...unless it's corporate workwear, and he is a hobgoblin)

(Good crisps/chips & beer....and teeshirts https://www.wychwood.co.uk/shop/clothing/ ).

That Hastings cliff funicular looks very steep- does it get used to launch rockets from?

(ps Well-done on the steampunk vibe...goes well with the Green Man theme)
Great Crisps and great ales too. (I know surrounding area)

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Brilliant photo!

As both Mrs & Miss Yith are away and I don't feel so self-conscious about pointing a camera at myself, I'll bump this thread with the first photograph here since I actually hit 40. Tradition dictates that it must be black and white and over-exposed mind you.

*Removed*

Let's see the rest of you then.

Last edited:
Brilliant photo!

As both Mrs & Miss Yith are away and I don't feel so self-conscious about pointing a camera at myself, I'll bump this thread with the first photograph here since I actually hit 40. Tradition dictates that it must be black and white and over-exposed mind you.

View attachment 10281

Let's see the rest of you then.
I bet theres a picture of you hanging in an attic...