Let's Get To Know (and possibly see) Our Fellow Forteans

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
That's Scarborough, that is! My huge head was up at the castle, so I'm leaning out over North Bay.
Scarborough North Bay, by the looks of it.
Oooh my niece lives there!
Also, Jimmy Savile was buried there on a hilltop cemetery, his coffin tilted towards the sea, the epitaph on his elaborate gravestone reading 'It was good while it lasted'.

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Nice one man. I don't know anything about weight lifting, I noticed each of your hands are holding the bar differently?
It's called alternate grip :D There's 3 grip styles for deadlift, double over hand which unless you're a strongman competitor is the weakest, then hook grip which involves trapping your thumb between bar and fingers but is really strong, and alternate, which is just as strong and stops the bar rolling out your grip, if it swings one way, because the other hand is gripping the opposite side it doesn't go anywhere :D

catseye

For the greater good
Me, at the Salem Witch Museum, Salem, Massachusetts in May 2018. We'd just driven up from Boston and spent the morning exploring here before continuing up the coast to Maine. A beautiful and picturesque part of the world.
View attachment 14100
Please please please let someone else post and move this on to another page! Currently it's opening up with Lord Lucan's groin in the centre of my screen... not that it isn't a very..ahem...errr....well, it's just...disturbing.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Please please please let someone else post and move this on to another page! Currently it's opening up with Lord Lucan's groin in the centre of my screen... not that it isn't a very..ahem...errr....well, it's just...disturbing.
Well your eyes must just be being drawn to Lord Lucan's groin catseye .. my filthy mind just sees a wizard on that sign post with a witch kneeling at a suspicious looking groin level in front of him .. so we're both as bad as each other truth be told ..

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
.. my filthy mind just sees a wizard on that sign post with a witch kneeling at a suspicious looking groin level in front of him .. so we're both as bad as each other truth be told ..
:yellowc: And the referee's call ...

Nope ... Swifty has the dirtier mind.

The 'kneeling witch' is meant to be the witch's cat. It's not all that well rendered on the sign in Lord Lucan's photo, but it's a standard element in the Salem Witch Museum's logo. Here's a logo image from the museum's website ...

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
:yellowc: And the referee's call ...

Nope ... Swifty has the dirtier mind.

The 'kneeling witch' is meant to be the witch's cat. It's not all that well rendered on the sign in Lord Lucan's photo, but it's a standard element in the Salem Witch Museum's logo. Here's a logo image from the museum's website ...

Show us a picture of you handsome visage Enola .. perhaps you rescuing a building from a burning kitten, you with one foot on a log looking wistful with a pipe .. oh I dunno you big silly!? ..

Ulalume

tart of darkness
Me, at the Salem Witch Museum, Salem, Massachusetts in May 2018. We'd just driven up from Boston and spent the morning exploring here before continuing up the coast to Maine. A beautiful and picturesque part of the world.
I really enjoyed visiting Salem. It smelled of salt air and boiling lobsters, and there were witches everywhere. :witch:

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Me in the foreground from last Saturday stewarding the Gilets Jaunes march, random pic I found on Twitter that I just happen to be in.

Am moving sideways so probably looking there if there's anything I can trip over lol, never really a good place to look when going sideways.

I always seem to end up going sideways.