Let's Get To Know (and possibly see) Our Fellow Forteans

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I might just be very old...but you look (in the best way!) about 17. Does your mum know you are an uber-mod?
I would guess that I'm much closer to your age than seventeen--unless you are sixty-five or older.

And if you are, judging from your photo, you are equally well preserved!

I take your point though. People who have known me a long time have begun to comment that I seem to have stopped ageing.

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
I would guess that I'm much closer to your age than seventeen--unless you are sixty-five or older.

I take your point though. People who have known me a long time have begun to comment that I seem to have stoped ageing.
Late 40s! I have natural wrinkle-fillers and face-plumpers though - a.k.a. as being fat :D

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin

I take your point though. People who have known me a long time have begun to comment that I seem to have stoped ageing.
Yith is not bound by human concepts of ageing...

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Yith, showered and cleanly shaven, catching a sunny afternoon before winter comes.

REMOVED

I was actually trying to take a picture of the sun shining through the clouds, but I hit the button to reverse the camera and it's come out better than I usually manage when trying to take a picture of myself.
Are you mixed race Yith? You appear to have an interesting mix going on..

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Are you mixed race Yith? You appear to have an interesting mix going on..
Negative.

Well, as we had a long while back: English with infusions of Irish and Welsh and a Norman surname.

I'm also very pale-skinned. Hair is wet in the picture, but when dry is brown with natural blond highlights.

Genetically, who knows? I'd love to have done a test, but just as I was set to give it a whirl all those cautionary tales started to be published about how your sample can be stored and used without consent.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Negative.

Well, as we had a long while back: English with infusions of Irish and Welsh and a Norman surname.

I'm also very pale-skinned. Hair is wet in the picture, but when dry is brown with natural blond highlights.

Genetically, who knows? I'd love to have done a test, but just as I was set to give it a whirl all those cautionary tales started to be published about how your sample can be stored and used without consent.
Yeah I guess we're all mixed race to some degree depending on how far back you go. Just that you appear to me to have a bit of an Asian/Chinese/Japanese/Korean thing going on..

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Yeah I guess we're all mixed race to some degree depending on how far back you go. Just that you appear to me to have a bit of an Asian/Chinese/Japanese/Korean thing going on..
Possible I suppose, but highly unlikely.

In fact, I live in East Asia now and stand out to an extreme extent!

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Possible I suppose, but highly unlikely.

In fact, I live in East Asia now and stand out to an extreme extent!
I to thought you were Asian dear, I remember your last photo and i thought that to, anyway, you always have some incredible photos, the scenery you have there is amazing, must be time to post some more soon surely?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
A fellow child of the 70s...
I have the same age confusion/looking younger than I am 'thing' Yith in that I'm coming up to 50 but most people think I'm in my mid to late 30s .. a friend's girlfriend jokes that my face was frozen in time because of "all the drugs you took back then" .. I've had two or three co workers this year alone try to play the 'I'm older than you so I know more than you' card and they're all younger than me. My immediate boss is 26 I've been told but his overall attitudes are way more mature so his age isn't even a factor to me, he looks his age though. We've got a waitress at work who only looks about 16 years old but she's actually in her late twenties.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I have the same age confusion/looking younger than I am 'thing' Yith in that I'm coming up to 50 but most people think I'm in my mid to late 30s .. a friend's girlfriend jokes that my face was frozen in time because of "all the drugs you took back then" .. I've had two or three co workers this year alone try to play the 'I'm older than you so I know more than you' card and they're all younger than me. My immediate boss is 26 I've been told but his overall attitudes are way more mature so his age isn't even a factor to me, he looks his age though. We've got a waitress at work who only looks about 16 years old but she's actually in her late twenties.
You'll hear a lot now, "Aren't the Swifties looking younger these days?"

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
You'll hear a lot now, "Aren't the Swifties looking younger these days?"
That's never going to happen .. I've never been daft enough to breed unless you count a son I might or might not have in Burton On Trent .. if I have, I hope he's a little bastard .. I've no way of finding out unfortunately ..

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
That's never going to happen .. I've never been daft enough to breed unless you count a son I might or might not have in Burton On Trent .. if I have, I hope he's a little bastard .. I've no way of finding out unfortunately ..
Win the lottery, go public and then you'll find him - or rather he'll find you :)

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
What, seriously? WOW, ok whats ya secret?
ARTHUR:
”The fourth”?! Zaphod Beeblebrox the Fourth?!?

ZAPHOD:
Yeah. I’m Zaphod Beeblebrox, my father’s Zaphod Beeblebrox the Second, my grandfather’s Zaphod Beeblebrox the Third -

ARTHUR:
What?!

ZAPHOD:
There was an accident with a contraceptive and a time-machine, I can’t explain it now.