Let's Get To Know (And See) Our Fellow Forteans

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I've been preparing some new profile pictures for the COVID-19 era. This is for the dating app
May I just say, that's a smashing blouse you have on
received_793327661198941.jpeg

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Ogdred Weary

The Lich-King of Angmar
Reaction score

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I think it's either a chain or a "go to" name like The Taj Mahal or something, there are others with the same name.
The original Gaylord was one of two that was run by two brothers. The sister restaurant closed some years ago. I never visited that one, only Gaylord.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Bump with a 'passport photo' of me on the way to a birthday meal with Mrs Yith.

My world is in monochrome.

*Edit*

Let's see the rest of you, so to speak.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the colours?
That’s the Blue Blanket, the banner of the Incorporated Trades of Edinburgh. It was carried by Randolph Murray at the Battle of Flodden in 1513 when he returned to Edinburgh to tell of the massacre and the death of the king. It’s now carried by the Officer to the Convenery of the Incorporated Trades of Edinburgh at appropriate ceremonies. This photo was from the most recent start of the Riding of the Marches ceremony during a procession around the walls of Edinburgh. I should have had the honour of carrying it in a parade earlier in the year for the 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War but of course such gatherings didn’t happen.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
That’s the Blue Blanket, the banner of the Incorporated Trades of Edinburgh. It was carried by Randolph Murray at the Battle of Flodden in 1513 when he returned to Edinburgh to tell of the massacre and the death of the king. It’s now carried by the Officer to the Convenery of the Incorporated Trades of Edinburgh at appropriate ceremonies. This photo was from the most recent start of the Riding of the Marches ceremony during a procession around the walls of Edinburgh. I should have had the honour of carrying it in a parade earlier in the year for the 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War but of course such gatherings didn’t happen.
Of course this is a slightly more modern one than the one used at Flodden!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm impressed.

The last time anybody let me carry a banner was with the Scouts on St George's Day.

skinny

aka Wuluwait, Boatman of the Dead
Reaction score
oo oo Caption contest! Caption contest!

skinny

aka Wuluwait, Boatman of the Dead
Reaction score
Somebody took this picture of me at xmas 2020 covered for covid.
IMG_0217.JPG

I had to show you. I'm not drunk yet. I'm working tomorrow. I want to stop drinking this Hollandia. I do. But I'm not hungry yet. If I can get a hunger up in the next 60min, I'll be snoring by midnight and can sleep it off for the next 8.5 hours. That'll be enough for me to then approach my superior fatty (Hi Jessie), and I can ask her to consider me for the G4 full time position of Support... I don't know what it means but I like the full time aspect moneywise. I'm on the cusp of being transferred out of this store into a bigger pond anyway. If I could get full time work, I'd stay and put up with the smarmy prats I have to endure now, but if not I'm pleased to emigrate for less hours. I need to get a second job anyway, so fuck it. I'm anybody's, really. Just pay me my whore dosh. I'm spinning in a vortex of directivity. The first door that opens is the one I'm going for. That's the one I'm going for. That's the one I'm going for.
That's the one.
I'm going.
Four.
Nineteen Ninety Four.

Timble2

Imaginary Person
Reaction score
I've been following the #DUND #dressupnotdown thread on Twitter, the idea being that in these strange times, when you don't get out much make an effort to dress in something other that your tracky bottoms and baggy sweater, and let people be positive about you and vice versa.
DUND Wk 5 (3).JPG
versa.

Last edited:

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
I've been following the #DUND #dressupnotdown thread on Twitter, the idea being that in these strange times, when you don't get out much make an effort to dress in something other that your tracky bottoms and baggy sweater, and let people be positive about you and vice versa.
View attachment 32714 versa.
It does one good to dress up...
images-10.jpeg