• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Let's Play 'TOP THIS!'

volfie

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
It's raining and I'm bored so let's start a "Top THIS!" game. I'll start. You add in your post after mine and try to top it. So on and so forth. And if you can't top it, post anyway. This game really has no rules.

Okay, here goes...

"I have personally seen or experienced...":

* a haunted house (grew up in one)
* a lightning ball (in the livingroom!)
* ABC (in broad daylight, no less)
* a flying saucer (tracked and confirmed by the USAF)
* a dream message from a deceased loved one
* getting hit with water where there was no source
* a visit from a dead pet(s)
* a dish moving across a table by itself
* telepathy
* things appearing/disappearing out of nowhere

Okay, GO!

volfie said:
It's raining and I'm bored >SNIP<

Never mind lets play, spill the beans man! 'Specially on those three if you would? Please.
Thanks. :)

akaWiintermoon said:
volfie said:
It's raining and I'm bored >SNIP<

Never mind lets play, spill the beans man! 'Specially on those three if you would? Please.
Thanks. :)

Okay. The dreams were both like commercial messages in the middle of other dreams. I was having a perfectly ordinary dream when the deceased broke in for moment to say hi.

One was my grandfather who said, "I feel better now, <my pet name>." Two things were strange about this. One was that under my belief system at that time, I never doubted that he felt better dead than he had in his last illness. The other thing was that it wasn't until that moment that I realized he said my pet name a little bit differently than anyone else said it. By the way, I just HEARD him; I didn't see him. It had a different feel to it than a dream.

The second time was a dear friend who I HAD been worried about and hadn't gotten to say good-bye to. She showed up as a little whirlwind that turned in her physical form and I cried out, "I'm so glad to see you!" We hugged, I asked her to stay and she said she couldn't, she had to go now. And then she was gone. It was the first and last time I ever dreamt about her.

The dogs have shown up in various forms and I'm more surprised when I don't see/hear a dead pet than when I do. I've heard the breathing of my Wolfhound from elsewhere on my bed a few days after he was dead. I've heard phantom paws on tile floors. My husband and I once saw a complete form of one of our Afghan Hounds raiding the under-sink trash can. When we told him to get out of there, he went into the bathroom. We went to see which dog it was only to realize there was no dog there -- it had been our recently deceased hound.

I saw another Afghan Hound, in broad daylight, pass through the room in what looked like slices. I don't know how else to explain it. If you took a photo and sliced it into sections, that's what I saw moving through the room. It was somewhat two dimensional. It only lasted a few seconds and it was only the first half of him -- from nose to mid-chest. Another time I awoke and knew that my recently deceased Scottish Terrier was sitting next to my bed. I couldn't see him though.

Oh, I forgot, it happened with a horse once, too. We lost our first horse -- a rescue -- after only a few months and I was greatly traumatized by it. The night after we had him put down, I heard him gallop to the front door of my cabin and whinny. My mind went, "Bob's BACK!" only to realize that that couldn't be true because he was under two tons of dirt out in the pasture.

The globs of phantom water happen quite a bit. I usually discount it when it happens outside but it happens enough in the house, too. (I don't mean daily or even yearly but I'd say I've had a dozen incidences of it over my lifetime.) All it is is being hit with a small amount of water when there is absolutely no source for the water. The last time I was walking down a hallway in this house -- the only time it has happened here -- and blam! right on the head. Not a lot but enough so that there was a small damp spot in my hair. The ceiling was perfectly dry and there was no way it could have come from anywhere but ABOVE me. It always seems to happen like that. One time there was a distinct blotch of water on my arm with, again, no possible source. I know this phenomena has been reported in haunted houses and such but I've never connected it with a haunting. I guess water just likes to materialize in my presence. :)

BTW, I have to add one more to my TOP THIS! list:
* haunted furniture

:lol:

volfie said:

* a haunted house (grew up in one)
* a lightning ball (in the livingroom!)
* ABC (in broad daylight, no less)
* a flying saucer (tracked and confirmed by the USAF)
* a dish moving across a table by itself
* telepathy
* things appearing/disappearing out of nowhere

Okay, GO!
Blimey Volfie, you haven't left us much room for manoeuvre! :)

Sorry. Once I started, I kept remembering things. Well, heck, we can call it, "I CAN PLAY THIS!" then anyone can post whatever they have. :oops: You might be surprised, though... I bet when you start listing oddities you'll have more things than you think you do.

I’ll play –

1. saw a Vertically challenged devil pushing a shopping trolley in my bedroom (I was six)
2. saw an orb float around my bedroom for 2 minutes (my grans old bedroom after she passed away) I was 14
3. felt someone get into bed where I was laying – even the pillow shrunk down (again my grans old room) I was 16
4. felt my deceased cat curl up to me on my bed – I was 35
5. saw my own death in Edinburgh - 34

I think that’s about it! :roll:

Whoa Andrew, number 5 is a doozy. How old are you now? :shock:

1.I've had several premonitions, all taking different forms, as if my subconscious couldn't inform me the same way twice.
2. I've cheated death due to multiple coincidence.
3. I heard my dead cat say goodbye to me.
4. I grew up in what I thought might be a haunted premises.
5. I would say I saw things in my bedroom but I know it was sleep paralysis so it doesn't really count. :)
6. I used to have a telepathic bond with my sister (born the same day different year), and with my mother.

I have heard a ghost walking up the stairs to the room adjacent to mine.

I remember doing astral projection when I was little.

I have had a premonition as a kid that saved me and the 2 kids with me.

I have had another coincidental brush that also saved my life.

I have seen 2 ufos at the same time (with reliable witnesses)

I have seen ball lighting slowly splat to the ground outside at 3am one morning.

I have on only one occasion seen myself coming through the front door.

jimv1 said:
I have on only one occasion seen myself coming through the front door.

Oooh! A Doppelganger! That's cool. Tell, tell!

All there is to say is that I was in the kitchen on my own fixing dinner when I glanced around and saw me, in different clothing to that I was wearing walk into the hallway, turn and ascend the stairs. I was a bit taken aback but totally unscared as I thought I would be very unlikely to spook myself out.

I went to the stairs and there I wasn't.

It is quite the oddest thing that has happened to me.

jimv1 said:
All there is to say is that I was in the kitchen on my own fixing dinner when I glanced around and saw me, in different clothing to that I was wearing walk into the hallway, turn and ascend the stairs. I was a bit taken aback but totally unscared as I thought I would be very unlikely to spook myself out.

My current fav theory for things like this is sort of a "blip in time" theory. Do you have any theories as to why it happened?

One of my fav Letters to the Editor from FT was from a guy who was a delivery man (maybe a milk man) and who was running about 10 minutes late one day. As he hit the local roundabout he saw himself in an identical truck going in the opposite direction -- exactly where he would have been if he had been running on schedule. The other him looked startled to see him, too, IIRC.

I really don't think time is the linear, straightforward, cause and effect thing that we think it is Volfie. I think that's what our human brains see it as, but I don't believe that to be the reality. I don't think we comprehend the half of it. Why indeed should we? We're just ground dwelling apes who've made a few things.

Compared to y'all, I'm a Fortean wimp. All I have for sure are the bilocating kitten and numerous cases of fairies stealing my stuff and playing silly buggers with me (not all of which can be put down to mislaying stuff, which I also do regularly). Oh, and I've worked in numerous haunted buildings, but that's normal for my city.

It is barely possible that I dreamed of the New Year's tsunami on the night it happened - certainly I was not consciously aware of the tsunami at the time I had it, as I remember thinking it was an unusually apt image of what was happening in my life at the time - but my notes, like my memory, of the start of the Year from Hell are random, sketchy, and undated, so it's just as likely that I had absorbed some random bits of world news while coping with my personal disasters and it got into the dream the night after it occurred.

beakboo said:
Whoa Andrew, number 5 is a doozy. How old are you now? :shock:

1.I've had several premonitions, all taking different forms, as if my subconscious couldn't inform me the same way twice.
2. I've cheated death due to multiple coincidence.
3. I heard my dead cat say goodbye to me.
4. I grew up in what I thought might be a haunted premises.
5. I would say I saw things in my bedroom but I know it was sleep paralysis so it doesn't really count. :)
6. I used to have a telepathic bond with my sister (born the same day different year), and with my mother.

I'd like to hear about 2 and 3 please, thank you! :eek:

mindalai said:
I'd like to hear about 2 and 3 please, thank you! :eek:
I was in a nasty road accident in the 80s (one of 5 I've been in- never a driver-always a hapless passenger/pedestrian). If I hadn't been for a pee five minutes before I would probably have died (punctured bladder-septicemia), if I had been wearing a seat belt I would probably have died or at least lost my legs (I was thrown clear, the car was crushed), and the weirdest thing was I brought a pillow with me, for no reason I could adequately explain, and had it placed between me and the impact for the whole journey. I have no illusions that a pillow made any difference to the collision between two cars but it was monumentally odd that I insisted on bringing it with me.
After my beloved, nay obsessed, Bengal cat died, we moved house, and the bedroom he and I had shared, so intensely in his case as is the way with Bengals, on the last night I heard his distinctive loud purring. I got out of bed, turned on the light, looked under the bed, outside the door...nothing. The only other cat we had at that time had a different, quiet purr. I'm willing to accept it was a hypnopompic hallucination, despite the fact that I could still hear it while moving round the room with the light on, but it's a lovely thought that Mewsley came to say goodbye.

beakboo said:
mindalai said:
[..]
After my beloved, nay obsessed, Bengal cat died, we moved house, and the bedroom he and I had shared, so intensely in his case as is the way with Bengals, on the last night I heard his distinctive loud purring. I got out of bed, turned on the light, looked under the bed, outside the door...nothing. The only other cat we had at that time had a different, quiet purr. I'm willing to accept it was a hypnopompic hallucination, despite the fact that I could still hear it while moving round the room with the light on, but it's a lovely thought that Mewsley came to say goodbye.

That's very similar to me hearing my deceased Irish Wolfhound, too. He had had several bouts of pneumonia in the last six months and finally succumbed to it. What I heard was his pneumonia breathing.

Come to think of it, the night my grandmother died I sort of heard the same thing and screamed for my mother that my grandmother was in the room with me. It happened each time the lights were turned out again. My mother assured me that my grandmother did not sound like that when she died. It wasn't until over 10 years later that my aunt confirmed that she did, indeed, die gasping for breath -- the same thing I had heard and identified as her's.

Okay, I've seen when I was 4 to about 6 robed faceless entities, 4 of them come and visit me every night when I was in bed, cam in the open bedroom door, and, blocked the light shining in, which was odd.
A couple of UFO's looking at the night sky, and watching "satalites" suddenly change direction
What I think was my dead cats scratching at my door to come in.
Weird dream about how we can be controled.
encounter with a cat with red eyes.

Oh, and thanks for invigorating this fourm, people have weird things happen, but don't post 'em!

volfie said:
jimv1 said:

My current fav theory for things like this is sort of a "blip in time" theory. Do you have any theories as to why it happened?

quote]

I think I can rule out the blip in time theory as I was only renting the place for a year a couple of years ago and have since moved on. If it was a blip in time I should have walked in and seen myself in the kitchen on some occasion so bilocation is out too.

The place was a new build so I think I can rule out the prescence of a former tenant.

It only happened once and I am a sane individual, not prescribed any medication, don't do drugs apart from cigarettes so I don't think it was an hallucination.

My best guess is that I could have done a Stone Tape and left a strong emotional imprint there which I later picked up when in a relaxed and neutral state.

This is the first time I've mentioned this as I haven't really come across it that often and was wondering if I'd get any stick for it.

It could have been an Altered Reality seen through a possible rift that only went one way like a mirrored window – if that makes any sense what so ever! :shock:

Just because you have seen something that you can not explain does not necessarily mean that you will get stick for it – unless you tell your mates down the pub (bad mistake) but here we are ok unless you don’t use spell checker.
:!:

I've seen a couple of UFOs and a dead body in bed with me, both of which I've mentioned on here before. And that's it! Better than nothing, but I feel like a novice compared with the storytellers above.

Ooooh - link to the dead body thing in bed please - unless it was a stiffy :lol:

sorry that just poped up .. um .. i mean out :_omg:

Sorry, I can't remember where I posted it now! It was OK, it was just my teddy bear, but it looked exactly like a corpse for a good few seconds when I woke up and looked at it.

PinkTaffy said:
Ooo. This game looks fun! I'll play.

I've seen/experienced

[..]
3. God once spoke to me (yes it sounds cuckoo, I know).
[..]

Oh, dear, that reminded me that I had a religious experience once, too -- backed up by independent witnesses. Mustn't have stuck though since I don't have any sort of religious belief system now. :twisted:

I don't have a big list like the other posters, but here are mine:

1. Saw a ghost at work, which a colleague also saw the next day.
2. Saw a black triangle floating in the sky.
3. Experienced various telepathic events throughout my life.

Mythopoeika said:
I don't have a big list like the other posters, but here are mine:

1. Saw a ghost at work, which a colleague also saw the next day.
2. Saw a black triangle floating in the sky.

I'd like to hear the ghost story and what you thought the black triangle might have been, please.

I posted them ages ago - but I'm blowed if I can get this search system to bring up the appropriate posts!
Bear with me...

I've remembered another one. I had an out of body experience for one measly second. Pah.

PinkTaffy,

I absolutely want to hear more about... 1. the fairies -- what did they look like? Where did you see them? 2. Mrs. Claus... ??? 3. the human-sized fairy type that lived in a house that was sometimes there and sometimes not (I know you said, don't ask, but come ON!) :D

Here's my list:

• I once had a poltergeist-like entity in my house (creepy as hell) and once something that didn't make noise but felt like pure evil.

• I had spontaneous past-life memories, one of them confirmed by another person who was with me in that past life.

• For about a year, I received "messages from Spirit" that I was supposed to tell other people (= total strangers), and all of them hit the nail on the head.

• I've seen various ghosts, some of them foggy, one of them looking like a real person (saw that one twice).

• I've seen UFOs (i.e. something inexplicable in the sky) twice.

• I helped my father's soul cross over.

• I had an invisible cat for a while that came from a witch past life of mine.

• I've seen something I can also only explain as a "blip in time", i.e. I saw a man walking on a recreation path, and I saw him twice within a minute... it was exactly like the scene with the black cat in "The Matrix."

• I've seen what I think might have been fairies, i.e. hazy figures dancing above the water.

• I've seen someone's face turn into something strange, and then he talked to me like he was the devil.

• I've had nocturnal astral attacks and one OBE.

• I once had a Tarot reading with God.

• I once almost lost my soul. If you think you know what fear is, try that one...

• I once saw a demon sit on someone's shoulder (or better, cling to someone's neck).

• I had many, many wondrous Reiki experiences.

• I once had a soul connection experience with a 13-foot iguana.

I could probably find more if I thought a little harder, but I guess that's enough for now. Feel free to ask me. ;)

faith2faith said:
Here's my list:

• I helped my father's soul cross over.
(< If that's not too painful for you to talk about. I understand if it is. )

• I once almost lost my soul. If you think you know what fear is, try that one...

• I once had a soul connection experience with a 13-foot iguana.

I could probably find more if I thought a little harder, but I guess that's enough for now. Feel free to ask me. ;)

Oh, oh, please! :D Some of those sound fascinating. Well, they all do, but I'd personnaly like to hear the ones I've quoted up there. /\ Thanks. :)
Btw, I love your avatar, it's really pretty. :)

Back